So what does everyone do for status resistance?

Underfyre

3 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Out of curiosity, can RoP be popped like a Break Free or does it have to be hit preemptively?

You can pop it like a break free.

The options for mez protection are break frees, rune of protection, clarion destiny, and hybrid slot. Which one I use depends on the build and powersets I'm using.

Soft capped defense is my primary way of avoiding mezz.  Ranged DEF in particular since that generally allows me to adapt to a play style of staying at range and targeting my own attacks and debuffs on the mezzer.  So it does double duty.  

Rune is ok but if not likely go all the way into the sorcery pool just for that.  If you are wanting flight for travel as well however, then sorcery pool is a great choice.

For Controllers, Arcane Bolt is a good attack, and Enflame is an excellent single-target DoT that can take Annihilation's -Res IO for use against AVs. And they can usually Immobilize an AV in place to take the full damage. For other ATs, the attacks generally aren't worth it.

3 hours ago, Coyote said:

For Controllers, Arcane Bolt is a good attack, and Enflame is an excellent single-target DoT that can take Annihilation's -Res IO for use against AVs. And they can usually Immobilize an AV in place to take the full damage. For other ATs, the attacks generally aren't worth it.

Arcane Bolt's cast time seems very long to me, almost unbearbly so, and the damage seems weak (even with FS and containment) -- my $0.02 from my fire/kin troller at 50++.  

I have it on my power tray and almost never use it vs. Seismic Smash and Fissure and recasting fire cages, bonfire etc.  I may switch it out for Enflame, good tip. 

13 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Out of curiosity, can RoP be popped like a Break Free or does it have to be hit preemptively?

both. RoP has quite a lengthy recharge. so unless I'm heading into a den of Carnies, I just keep it on stand by until I need it.

On my other toons that have no business taking Sorcery Pool, I just grin and bear it. You get used to getting mezzed after a while 😃

My main corrupter (Psi/Dark) sticks a lot of -to hit and -recharge, so most of my mez protection comes from being able to avoid the attacks in general.  Though for the ones that do get in I fall in with the Break Free/Clarion crowd.  Incidentally Clarion Radial is great since it also gives extra secondary boost, making those -to hits stronger.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Clarion is, imo, overkill status protection, and other destiny choices offer alot more for the slot. Picking up 2-4 break free insps before you start a taskforce is typically enough to get you through the entirety of it. Most incoming mez is encounter specific, and can therefore be planned and accounted for. I built both my corruptors (fire/kin and fire/cold) for 45% ranged defense which negates most mez from hitting in the first place. RoP is a great choice too, but with corrs I prefer taking leaping/speed/leadership/fighting so the pool slot for sorcery isn't available (I love it and swear by it for blasters). 

Currently on fire.

I took Clarion on my Fire/Time because it also boosts Farsight's numbers.  I kept Rune of Protection for (a) exemping down (TFs etc) and (b) for the resists-on-demand.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Trailblazer: Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Apc-Dmg(13), Apc-Acc/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(7), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(31)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(5), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(5), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(7)
Level 6: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(11), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-Heal(23)
Level 8: Spirit Ward -- Heal-I(A)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Rain of Fire -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Knock%(15), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(25)
Level 14: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(19), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 20: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 24: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), Apc-Dam%(42)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(29), HO:Membr(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40)
Level 30: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37)
Level 32: Inferno -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg(37)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(40), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg(46)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), Ags-Psi/Status(45), Ags-ResDam(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(48), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Scourge
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(13)
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: Marshal
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
Level 1: Quick Form
------------

On 12/7/2020 at 2:57 AM, DreadShinobi said:

Clarion is, imo, overkill status protection, and other destiny choices offer alot more for the slot.

Clarion Radial is actually extremely useful for Corrupters beyond status protection.  In addition to the mez protection you also get a Range and Secondary Effect boost for the duration, both very useful benefits for a ranged support class to have.  It's not quite Power Boost, but it lasts longer and stacks with Power Boost for even greater effects.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

2 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Clarion Radial is actually extremely useful for Corrupters beyond status protection.  In addition to the mez protection you also get a Range and Secondary Effect boost for the duration, both very useful benefits for a ranged support class to have.  It's not quite Power Boost, but it lasts longer and stacks with Power Boost for even greater effects.

My understanding is power boost no longer affects Farsight on time (that's what I read on the boards), which is another reason I went for Clarion ('cause it does).

• 2 weeks later

I usually either build for ranged defense (often with Hover), or play /Sonic to have full-time mez protection.  I'm experimenting on a Blaster with using the Defense Amplifier (temp from P2W vendor) for this purpose, but it's quite expensive at level 50 (2.5 million inf per hour).  So on that Blaster I've already started working an easy mid-level market niche to fund it.  Not something that will scale well across a bunch of alts, but I'll see how it goes.

I don't find break frees to be an adequate solution for me, but YMMV.  There are some power sets that can muddle through well enough with them.  Time with the large +def does okay, and Dark with the -tohit debuffs and the pet to debuff, distract, and heal for when the debuffs fail.  Storm can do okay if you can get your Lightning Storm and Tornado out before you get mezzed.  Traps is a bit risky because while the FFG will protect you, it's somewhat fragile and if it's destroyed (or if you forget and let it time out), suddenly any mez on you will shut you down.  At least the Acid Mortar can tank a bit, and if you put Caltrops in the right location that will be a distraction as well.

It's kind of a shame the way mez is done in this game.  Most of the other secondaries available to Corruptors are basically off limits to me because of it.

One of the nice things about /Time as a secondary for Corrs is you can largely soft-cap positionals without having to burn all your slots on boxing/tough/weave/Maneuvers, meaning you can fit in Sorcery for flight and Rune of Protection while you level up.  Clarion helps later (also boosts Farsight) but Rune is good to keep around for on-demand resists or the occasional hold that breaks thru Clarion. 

My Corruptors mostly avoid status effects by hiding in the back of the group, but this thread has got me wondering about something.

IO set bonuses which improve your damage resistance also typically carry a set bonus which reduces the duration of status effects on you.

Can you make a build focused on damage resistance set bonuses that reduces the duration of status effects so much that you can mostly ignore them by just waiting a moment for them to pass?

Or, would your lack of defense actually make the problem worse as more status effects will hit you?

Edited by Two Dollar Bill

18 hours ago, Two Dollar Bill said:

My Corruptors mostly avoid status effects by hiding in the back of the group, but this thread has got me wondering about something.

IO set bonuses which improve your damage resistance also typically carry a set bonus which reduces the duration of status effects on you.

Can you make a build focused on damage resistance set bonuses that reduces the duration of status effects so much that you can mostly ignore them by just waiting a moment for them to pass?

Or, would your lack of defense actually make the problem worse as more status effects will hit you?

100% status resistance reduces the duration of mezzes by 50%. IE it halves it. 

So even getting it that high won't make you Mez proof. And some Malta mezzes have silly duration.

Defense, Clarion and Insps are the way I get around it on my melee happy DP/Kin (positional in his case).

• Thanks 1