So what does everyone do for status resistance?

Underfyre

22 hours ago, Two Dollar Bill said:

My Corruptors mostly avoid status effects by hiding in the back of the group, but this thread has got me wondering about something.

IO set bonuses which improve your damage resistance also typically carry a set bonus which reduces the duration of status effects on you.

Can you make a build focused on damage resistance set bonuses that reduces the duration of status effects so much that you can mostly ignore them by just waiting a moment for them to pass?

Or, would your lack of defense actually make the problem worse as more status effects will hit you?

It can definitely help, but I think the only set I've ever played that sorta gives me that feeling is Radiation.  AM is about the only power I know that gives huge status resistance.  On a corrupter it is around 175% mez resistance at level 50.  With just a bit more you could crack 200%, which would take durations down to 1/3rd.   It was often enough that it was feeling like I was shaking things off really quick.  Still enough of course (only takes a milisecond), that it shut off the toggles that radiation can sometimes depend on though...The experience I remember was with an illusion/rad controller who isn't quite so dependent on those toggles to keep alive.

Edited by Riverdusk

Clarion is nigh useless if you just, ya know, (1) nuke the mezzers, (2) mez the mezzers, (3) cc the mezzers, (4) let someone else aggro the mezzers, (5) pop a break free, (6) just wait out the very very rare mez that gets past (1)-(5) (likely with the tons of mez resistance buried in most IO sets) and god forbid you have to pop a wakie once every blue moon/solar eclipse/etc. If you do suffer a rare death as a result of mez, you probably weren’t popping insps, so you can combine several into a wakie/bf/green/blue and get right back up mid-fight. Ageless, Rebirth, and Barrier are just so much better.

Defense is helpful too I suppose.

And yes Clarion Radial has nice other effects but if you’re choosing the non-perma form of t4 clarion you really aren’t choosing it for mez coverage at that point.

Malta stun grenades are perhaps the only mez in the game that still feels like the bane of my existence once in awhile.

Edited by arcaneholocaust

I lead Rikti mothership raids, where Clarion Core Destiny is absolutely vital, (along with Underground trials).  So every character of mine takes tier 4 Clarion Core Destiny, even melee.

Barrier and Rebirth on the other hand I've found to be mostly overkill and wasted on support characters.

Rune of Protection, high defense and high active mitigation/control.  

Rune is actually pretty easy to fit in a lot of my squishy builds.  Spirit Ward is decent, but is also a great Preventative Medicine slot mule and Mystic Flight is a great Zephyr -KB mule and a very flexible travel power.  If you're hard up for powers, the whole Sorcery pool is tougher to fit, but a lot of the time, I find that Corrs/Defs/Cons are more slot deficient than power deficient so I don't mind having two 1-slot wonders in order to get decent mez protection from lvl 20 onward.