Combat Teleport Macro Help

xilibrius

currently trying to get a working macro for combat teleport that teleports to the target. I'm trying to get one that has the macro icon, i've tried  /macro_image "Teleportation_CombatTeleport" "Tooltip" "Command" but I get a red x in a grey circle. I'd appreciate a working string on exactly what to put in to get it to work. Somone in general had given me a string for the macro to teleport to the target but for some reason it just kept activating without power cycle active so I have no idea how to get this thing working with the new icon if that's even possible.

Edited by xilibrius

Wasn't the power Recall Friend, not Teleport Friend?

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Over the weekend I updated the Macro image (Slash Command) wiki page with the new power icons for Issue 27. I noticed that a few of the teleport icons don't strictly follow the general naming scheme that other powers do, so they can be a little tough to find. I think this might be the one you need:

Combat Teleport.png
Combat_Teleport /macro_image "Combat_Teleport" "Tooltip" "Command"

Here are some of the others from the pool, in case that isn't the one you need.

Teleportation RecallTeleport.png
Teleportation_RecallTeleport /macro_image "Teleportation_RecallTeleport" "Tooltip" "Command"
Teleportation TeleportFoe.png
Teleportation_TeleportFoe /macro_image "Teleportation_TeleportFoe" "Tooltip" "Command"

If these don't do the trick either, click the wiki page link and have a look at the other options that start with 'Teleportation'. The new icon for 'Fold Space' is under 'Pool_Fold_Space'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Over the weekend I updated the Macro image (Slash Command) wiki page with the new power icons for Issue 27. I noticed that a few of the teleport icons don't strictly follow the general naming scheme that other powers do, so they can be a little tough to find. I think this might be the one you need:

Combat Teleport.png
Combat_Teleport /macro_image "Combat_Teleport" "Tooltip" "Command"

Here are some of the others from the pool, in case that isn't the one you need.

Teleportation RecallTeleport.png
Teleportation_RecallTeleport /macro_image "Teleportation_RecallTeleport" "Tooltip" "Command"
Teleportation TeleportFoe.png
Teleportation_TeleportFoe /macro_image "Teleportation_TeleportFoe" "Tooltip" "Command"

If these don't do the trick either, click the wiki page link and have a look at the other options that start with 'Teleportation'. The new icon for 'Fold Space' is under 'Pool_Fold_Space'.

thanks i'll give it a shot

So... was your whole question about successfully finding and using the right power tray icon? I read more into it about the actual command string.

Here's what I'd use, with either a bind, a plain macro or a fancy one:

"powexeclocation 0:5 Combat Teleport"

Activating this will 'port the target to right in front of you, handshake or devastating melee range. One click or tap, no pointing or trying to find a landing spot in the heat of battle. 🙂

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

30 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

So... was your whole question about successfully finding and using the right power tray icon? I read more into it about the actual command string.

Here's what I'd use, with either a bind, a plain macro or a fancy one:

"powexeclocation 0:5 Combat Teleport"

Activating this will 'port the target to right in front of you, handshake or devastating melee range. One click or tap, no pointing or trying to find a landing spot in the heat of battle. 🙂

Umm.... "Combat Teleport" is a self-movement. I think perhaps you are looking for "Teleport Target", which is the power that affects a target. Your desired outcome would be coded like this:

"powexeclocation self Teleport Target"

This will teleport the selected target directly next to you without using the mouse reticle to click the ground or anything.

1 hour ago, VV said:

Umm.... "Combat Teleport" is a self-movement. I think perhaps you are looking for "Teleport Target", which is the power that affects a target. Your desired outcome would be coded like this:

This will teleport the selected target directly next to you without using the mouse reticle to click the ground or anything.

No, I'm looking for a macro to use combata telepor to teleport to the target like a gap closer without having to manually since i play entirely using ten key keybinds to control my game

1 hour ago, xilibrius said:

No, I'm looking for a macro to use combata telepor to teleport to the target like a gap closer without having to manually since i play entirely using ten key keybinds to control my game

"powexeclocation target Combat Teleport" works for me.

This is the actual Bind I use: /bind numpad0 "powexec_location target Combat Teleport"

4 hours ago, VV said:

Oh, sh*t. I should know better than to post in a hurry. All correct.

For Combat Teleport, I use a double-click bind to make it instantaneous:

/bind LeftDoubleClick powexecname Teleport
/bind CTRL+LeftDoubleClick powexecname Combat Teleport

...and because years of using the teleport bind keep me from using the two effectively, I have a macro that swaps CT as the primary in missions and back to TP for general use and travel.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com