New Fold Space seems somewhat weak

ATalsen

2 hours ago, ATalsen said:

If an opponent is out of the teleport's league (boss, AV, level too high, etc), does it still count against the powers use cap?

Yep!  It still fires on them, they just resist it.  Like hitting a boss with a hypothetical damageless mag 2 hold -- it works on them, it just gets eaten up by their resistance to no effect that you can immediately see.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:11 AM, oedipus_tex said:

Really?

That's a super creative way to differentiate Tankers from other archetypes. I knew about the size of AoEs being increased for them, but for some reason didn't think it would apply to powers like this. I really love that if it's the case. Would love to see more differentiators between the various classes and that's a brilliant way to do it. 

I have on occasion been robbed of mobs that my Tank had gathered by other Tanks that weren't so good at gaining early and dominant aggro. They used Fold Space to snatch the mobs off of me and place them unto themselves. It's cheap but unless I am willing to also pick up Fold Space and then play Tug-O-War with mobs, I just roll my eyes and leave the other Tank to it while I go and gather the next mob.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:39 AM, oedipus_tex said:

Fold Space is a 100ft radius sphere, similar to (but much bigger than) EM Pulse, Glacier, Inferno, or Nova. Instead doing damage or mezz, it applies a Teleport. The caster doesn't select a location; enemies are teleported to the spot s/he occupied the moment the power started activation.

Oh so like a targeted AoE you select the ground somewhere and it teleports those critters to you?  Neat!

13 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

You don't select a location, you just press the button and the enemies are pulled to where you were standing.

How does it know what enemies to pull if you don't target or select anything? Does it just grab any enemies visible on screen? Is that what it means by line of sight, you just click Fold Space and any visible enemy is TP'd to you?

Edited by ninja surprise

On 12/10/2020 at 1:02 AM, Myrmidon said:

And here I am about to start a religion based on Fold Space.

Too weak?

We are building a religion
We are building it bigger
We are widening the corridors
And adding more lanes

A limited edition
We are now accepting callers
For these pendant key chains

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

How does it know what enemies to pull if you don't target or select anything? Does it just grab any enemies visible on screen? Is that what it means by line of sight, you just click Fold Space and any visible enemy is TP'd to you?

It works exactly like any PBAoE power, just bigger. 

On 12/18/2020 at 3:49 AM, oedipus_tex said:

It works exactly like any PBAoE power, just bigger. 

Clarification to this and answering my own question in case anyone else is wondering:

Fold Space works thus: it's a 100 foot radius (200' diameter) PBAoE power. Upon activating it finds 16 enemies within line of sight inside the circle and teleports them right underneath you.  Annoyingly, it works the same way as when a team exits a door mission: everyone plopping out on the same spot, pushing each other out of the way. So sometimes when I'd activate it (on an ITF vs all the Nictus enemies in the second cave map to gather all the fluffies and squids together) I would get pushed out of the spawn off to the side, sliding ever further, until I moved my toon to the side and jumped back into the spawn.

Line of sight is pretty strict, so examples of when it didn't pull critters I could clearly see:

• Standing in an open map on one side of a fence, critters on the other side of the fence weren't pulled.
  • Standing in Atlas Park on one of the raised sidewalks next to a building, it didn't pull critters on a lower sidewalk.

So to answer another poster's question about whether it would pull critters inside a building map in an adjacent room but where you can't see them, no, it won't (unless bugged).

Edited by ninja surprise

2 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

Correction to this and answering my own question in case anyone else is wondering:

Fold Space works thus: You select an enemy somewhere out in the power's range, activate the power, and it teleports mobs around the target to you. So you select a target you can see and the destination is at your feet.

That's not quite how it works.

You do not need to select an enemy to cast Fold Space. You just click it. Up to 16 enemies are then teleported to the location you started the cast from (so if you are jousting they TP to where you started the cast and not where you are when the TP goes off).

On 12/18/2020 at 3:52 AM, Haijinx said:

We are building it bigger
We are widening the corridors
And adding more lanes

A limited edition
We are now accepting callers
For these pendant key chains

To resist it is useless
It is useless to resist it
His cigarette is burning