Energy Mastery, or Pyre?

Gobbledygook

I have a FM/Inv Brute on blue side that I got to 38 last night, when it occurred to me, I don't know what epic pool power set to get. I would love another AoE, as frankly FSC just isn't enough, plus melt armor would help with AV's. I plan on going Pyronic, that would then give me three AoE's. The only reason I'm thinking Energy Mastery is for the extra end management. I'm 38 and still running low and dropping my toggles at times. I believe the accolades will help, but I just don't remember since the shutdown of the original game. With energy though, I could afford to run maneuvers, which would put me at the incarnate soft cap for s/l damager and 90% res to s/l.

Advice is helpful.

Basically always level with Energy Mastery for sets w/o built-in Endurance tools, and then respec into something more fun (build permitting) once you're properly kitted.

Recovery (and regeneration) work as a % of your total, as do restorative powers and procs.  Brute Superior Conditioning adds 5% maxend enhanceable up to 10% (9% with two IOs), so your recovery rate and any procs or other bonus endurance you get improve by 10% as well.  The accolades add another 10%.  At base, Physical Perfection improves your recovery by 12.5% (enhanceable to ~20%), although it won't increase the effects of procs or other bonus endurance. 

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Although personally I like Soul for sets that are heavy on the defense although Pyre would fit your theme better.  That extra -to hit meshes very well and gloom is a nice single target that hits like a truck (vs other ranged attacks for brutes anyway)