Most Unstoppable Tank

The_Warpact

Just now, Gobbledegook said:

Bio is ok, i'm just giving my opinion of it having both a Rad/SS and a Bio/SS with IOs.

I'd rather do Bio on a scrapper or brute instead so no sweat.

Rad was my secondary choice anyways so now I want to try it. I make and delete toons like grains of sands through a looking glass these are the alts of my life. 😉

• Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

5 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

For concept I took Bio and claws, it's a humanoid T-rex, I could fit Rad in instead, I've heard good things and I've never tried it so why not?

I actually just started a bio/claws tanker this week. So far I’ve been having fun. Im level 37 and it does good damage and is survivable enough so far.

I went bio for damage and thus don’t want to neuter my damage by having low recharge and no Procs. So there isn’t a whole lot of wiggle room.  My main worry is energy damage. I am softcapped, but my resistance for energy damage is very low and I have no DDR. So I have to make sure my clicks are available before I wade into energy heavy groups. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 1

This is my unstoppable Dark/Electric Tank, only things that have killed it are Incarnate AVs with one-shots that probably would have killed just about any build(I figure).

In ITF when the EBs put that nasty -100% Def Debuff on I usually pop Ageless for the DDR. I rarely use Dark Regen, even though it's up every 9 seconds(roughly). One use of Thunderstrike and it's 90% Resists to all but Energy and Toxic, which are then at 60%+(more with additional uses of TS). With 58.5%+ Melee Defense, it doesn't even get hit very often, plus most mobs are stunned and useless shortly after I jump into the group. BU(with Gaussian's) + LR give it a huge AoE burst, and Death Shroud gives it continuous AoE damage to anything near.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Monster Magnet: Level 50 Science Tanker
Primary Power Set: Dark Armor
Secondary Power Set: Electrical Melee
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: zc_Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Death Shroud -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50)
Level 1: Charged Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(45), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 2: Havoc Punch -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(43), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(45), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 4: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 6: Murky Cloud -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 8: Obsidian Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(9), UnbGrd-ResDam(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 10: Dark Regeneration -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(11), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(17)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(43)
Level 14: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), Rct-ResDam%(15)
Level 16: Taunt -- PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 18: Thunder Strike -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(23)
Level 20: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(23), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(25)
Level 22: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Oppressive Gloom -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 28: Chain Induction -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(29), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(29), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Lightning Clap -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(37), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(37)
Level 38: Lightning Rod -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(48)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(50), RctRtc-ToHit(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Prv-Absorb%(5), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Mrc-Rcvry+(7)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(3)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Seers Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Support Radial Embodiment 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
------------

On 12/12/2020 at 8:54 AM, Xandyr said:

I've been tinkering around in Mids this morning, and planned an Ice/Electric/Mu that softcaps S/L/F/C/E/NG. 

Not sure if I'll go that route. I definitely wanna try an Ice tank, but maybe not with Electric. We'll see.

Ice goes pretty great with Stone Melee, like a snowball full of rocks.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:40 PM, Saikochoro said:

I actually just started a bio/claws tanker this week. So far I’ve been having fun. Im level 37 and it does good damage and is survivable enough so far.

I went bio for damage and thus don’t want to neuter my damage by having low recharge and no Procs. So there isn’t a whole lot of wiggle room.  My main worry is energy damage. I am softcapped, but my resistance for energy damage is very low and I have no DDR. So I have to make sure my clicks are available before I wade into energy heavy groups. 

Rune of protection can help.

I know from entering the MoITF with buffed mobs, debuffed player etc that i can hold my own easily against the Roman mobs and whilst my cooldowns are available it is ok against the Dark Kheldians but the odd time i will jump to the next dark kheld group and it is either the self buffs from mobs within AoE range hasn't kicked in to bump my resists or my cooldowns have dropped and i go splat in like 2 seconds.

It is doable, just need to take that bit a little more slowly. But this is pretty extreme content, usually for groups and it will do fine elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Gobbledegook said:

Rune of protection can help.

I know from entering the MoITF with buffed mobs, debuffed player etc that i can hold my own easily against the Roman mobs and whilst my cooldowns are available it is ok against the Dark Kheldians but the odd time i will jump to the next dark kheld group and it is either the self buffs from mobs within AoE range hasn't kicked in to bump my resists or my cooldowns have dropped and i go splat in like 2 seconds.

It is doable, just need to take that bit a little more slowly. But this is pretty extreme content, usually for groups and it will do fine elsewhere.

Yeah I usually love taking rune of protection on a lot of my builds. However, I have a hard time fitting it in on bio. I pretty much always take it on EA, shield, SR, and regen. Usually I take it on builds that I don’t use the leadership pool on. But I do like taking maneuvers for bio so I can get to the E/N softcap easier. 

Maybe I’ll try working it in on one of my bio projects. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 12:45 AM, Maxzero said:

One day we will get Energy Aura Tankers. Hopefully not a completely gimped version.

Well if it will be anything like the SR port, then energy aura will be amazing on tankers. I know I’d make like 10 of them. 

I really want both energy aura and Regen on tankers. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Ice is remarkably similar.

Similar in style but weaker almost across the board.

EA gets a lot more defence and more resists (which are also on more common damage types), has +recharge, +regen and far better end management.

Ice/ gets a HP buff.

20 minutes ago, Maxzero said:

Similar in style but weaker almost across the board.

EA gets a lot more defence and more resists (which are also on more common damage types), has +recharge, +regen and far better end management.

Ice/ gets a HP buff.

I really wouldnt say weaker honestly - I thought so before i took a deep dive into Ice - no pun intended - but its all but identical with a couple of types being switched between resistance and defense.

Comparison.thumb.jpg.aaa9a5ed922308521b71dc1c8f432409.jpg

Those are similarily built - similar sets - strategys - styles etc.  And they play identical with the tanker being more durable because of the increased HP pool.

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

I really wouldnt say weaker honestly - I thought so before i took a deep dive into Ice - no pun intended - but its all but identical with a couple of types being switched between resistance and defense.

Those are similarily built - similar sets - strategys - styles etc.  And they play identical with the tanker being more durable because of the increased HP pool.

I am not sure it is fair to compare Brute to Tanker. What would a Brute EA vs a Brute IA look like though? As that will include the Tanker ATO proc i presume? If EA was ported over to Tanker then the Results for EA would be a lot better. Better resists/defence than that Brute version above.

1 hour ago, Gobbledegook said:

I am not sure it is fair to compare Brute to Tanker. What would a Brute EA vs a Brute IA look like though? As that will include the Tanker ATO proc i presume? If EA was ported over to Tanker then the Results for EA would be a lot better. Better resists/defence than that Brute version above.

Energy Aura is not like the rest of the sets though.  Its slightly different in how you get to these numbers - but you can literally do this on Every AT that has it, as long as you chase the right set bonuses.

Check out this comparison - similar slotting, style, performance, etc.

Comparison.thumb.jpg.67ac99cfc229149354d0dfe745deb4ea.jpg

5 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Or you could just do a like for like comparison using the same scalers on the same Brute with the identical setup (+3% def uniques, +res uniques, Tough/Weave, CJ, etc):

p63y4raegv931.png

EA def is on a similar level to SR but focused on the main damage types (S/L/E/NE) but has better res (again the most common damage types) also gets +recharge but also gets +regen and better end management.

That's before Energy Drain shenanigans.

Edited by Maxzero

8 hours ago, Maxzero said:

That's before Energy Drain shenanigans.

Energy absorption works similarly to energy drain - they both do + def

You also cannot discount the -speed, -dmg, and -recharge ice armor does.  I've had enemies completely floored - +4\8 full with debuffers multiple groups - walked away for 20 min came back and they had no end and was throwing half hearted attacks every few seconds.... lol

Before I took a deep dive into that set I thought it was weak - now its one of my strongest tanker sets and thats saying something with some of the bonkers sets ive built.

Energy armor I think is more dynamic because more can hurt you faster - that's why it's heal is on a short recharge.

But the point is - there is already precedent for a set almost identical to EA on tankers - just extrapolate the scalar from brute to tanker and you have functional tanker Energy Aura.

Either way you will still be building for the same mitigation targets you did on the current 3 ATs - that's what my comparison was trying to show.

Edited by Infinitum

On 12/30/2020 at 10:01 AM, Infinitum said:

Energy absorption works similarly to energy drain - they both do + def

You also cannot discount the -speed, -dmg, and -recharge ice armor does.  I've had enemies completely floored - +4\8 full with debuffers multiple groups - walked away for 20 min came back and they had no end and was throwing half hearted attacks every few seconds.... lol

Before I took a deep dive into that set I thought it was weak - now its one of my strongest tanker sets and thats saying something with some of the bonkers sets ive built.

Energy armor I think is more dynamic because more can hurt you faster - that's why it's heal is on a short recharge.

But the point is - there is already precedent for a set almost identical to EA on tankers - just extrapolate the scalar from brute to tanker and you have functional tanker Energy Aura.

Either way you will still be building for the same mitigation targets you did on the current 3 ATs - that's what my comparison was trying to show.

The numbers on EA are a lot better in practice.  You get way up in the 60's+ defense when you start doing Energy Drain stuff.  

Its like ICE numbers are too low on tanks compared to EA.  

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

The numbers on EA are a lot better in practice.  You get way up in the 60's+ defense when you start doing Energy Drain stuff.  

Its like ICE numbers are too low on tanks compared to EA.  

Energy Absorption does that for Ice too - its based on number hit.  Its identical to EA just with more resists in a few areas where its defense on EA - same effect  though - it mitigates just as good.

Port Brute EA over to tankers as is with the larger HP pool its a done deal.  Doesnt matter what AT you have - that comparison chart i posted is the sweet spot regardless of AT.

38 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

I am guilty of it too, but a lot of people overlook just how good Tanker Ice Armor really is.  Its top shelf stuff - better than an EA port would be too i believe - because there is no holes in ICE.  and -dmg -recharge is valid across all types.

It is good but it doesn't seem to be Tanker numbers vs Brute numbers

Basically Brute EA seems to have comparable numbers to Tanker Ice armor in practice. 

Ice Armor doesn't seem give Tankers 55%+ def before hitting absorb like SR does in a med IO build.  Instead its more like 40-45%

Maybe I'm off but that's what I am seeing based on the numbers posted vs EA numbers in the EA for Tankers thread when we discussed it. 

3 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Basically Brute EA seems to have comparable numbers to Tanker Ice armor in practice. 

Stalker and Scrapper have similar numbers to Brute EA also though - thats the point - the set has a sweet spot and if you hit it you are in good shape.

But it still has weaknesses that Ice doesnt - Toxic is rough on EA - you really have to stay on your toes - but with ice its not nearly as noticeable.

Comparison.thumb.jpg.8c2f5709181f1b9251798d4398522a28.jpg

See drastically different ATs - same targets - all attainable - this shouldnt change with a tanker - the only difference with the tanker is the inherant HP being higher which is where the tanker advantage will lie with this set. 

Now take the comparison with Ice Armor again... Keeping in mind EA is static or can be made static across 3 different ATs - so Tanker should be no different from Brute aside from the HP area.

Comparison2.thumb.jpg.be506b14fdc122990271d79d0322253c.jpg

Those numbers for both are with 1 enemy with energy drain or energy absorption cast on.

Also Ice has  -14% dmg from chilling embrace