2020 December Grudge Rematch: Pineapple vs. Pizza

Jacke

The Great Debate  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Line in the sand: Does Pineapple belong on Pizza?

• YES!! Make my pizza extra fruity! Bring on the Pineapple!!
    • NO!! Keep that abomination away from my pie!!
    • Who cares? I'm hungry. FEED ME!!

13 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

I'm personally more of a fan of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58wJRrvVgZI

(to be clear:  The musical piece, not that particular film.  I did like how the theme was used as a motif for Worf in First Contact)

Ah, but I was raised on TOS. 😄 

As for "Star Trek: The Motion Picture", yup, less than stellar script, cut too generously to indulge some scenes.  But I still remember where that music was first used, the early scene with the 3 Klingon Battlecruisers.  And the first reveal of the Foreheads. 🙂

And this makes me realise that there could be another more...flavourful poll: the Bat'leth is a silly weapon, easily defeated by the most ubiquitous of armings, Spear & Shield.

Back to our current battleground.  Yesterday, things were looking...dicey for the Prussian Prince of Pineapples, what with only 1 correct vote versus 10 poor deluded dissenters, as well as 1 hungry abstainer.  But the Ananas Reserve has been deployed with 3 more Grenadiers now holding the line.  I am confident of victory going over the toppings.

Would you bet against Dole?

19 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Alty, I love you.  But now I must fight you!  

I adore you too Flea...so Let's Dance FIGHT!! 💃👊😆

Edited by Alty
  • Haha 1

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

17 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Who destroyed South Galaxy?

[ Rant about the Destruction of Galaxy City - that video clip is really fun, but it mentioning the "...destruction of South Galaxy...." touched a nerve. ]

Same as who destroyed North Galaxy City!  Those naughty past devs who decided to take a beautiful section of Paragon City that many of use enjoyed, drop a shite-ton of 2nd generation Shivans on it, and relegate the WHOLE ZONE to minimal use as a new Tutorial and punting off a weakened shadow to Ouroboros.

Things like killing Stateman and Sister Psyche hurt, goddamn it.  They need to be carefully considered,  But as the game shows, they can be done and life can go on.  But trashing ALL of Galaxy City was way too much.

I'm in Ouro in Echo: Galaxy City right now.  This could have been done differently.  Even if the hurt was going to drop on Galaxy City, the devs could have sectioned off a part of the Zone.  Put up quick-deployment War Walls, around say most of the South-West, Nebula District and part of Constellation Row, just West of the tunnel to Kings Row.  Taken the Expert Plaque that's in the confined damage zone and shifted it to rubble at the new War Walls.  Have all sorts of NPC reaction forces there.  Shown damage throughout a Galaxy City that is still part of a living Paragon City that will not let the evil basterds win!

That's what happened in the Lore past with Baumton, Overbrook, Woodvale, Venice Industrial, and White Plains!  'Boomtown' and Faultline are even being rebuilt, with 'Eden', 'Crey's Folly' and the Rikti War Zone at least still accessible.  Only Galaxy City is gone.

The older Galaxy City would still be an Echo, like with the older Atlas Park.

But we'd still have the living Galaxy City that says, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!  YOU SHALL NOT CRUSH US!

We return you now to your regularly scheduled shenanigans.

Edited by Jacke

Pineapple does not belong on pizza, unless its counterbalanced by the presence of jalapenos. 

And cheese pizza is simply a pizza base, NOT a pizza. Eating cheese pizza is like going to McDonald's and ordering a Big Mac without  the special sauce.

Edited by BlackenBlue71
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

It's one of the phases of societal evolution: stone tools, iron tools, bongos, flight, warp speed.  I might have missed one.

It's got a few more.  And each mixes with the ones before and after.

• Several stone tool schools.
  • Copper tools.
  • Bronze tools.
  • Iron tools.
  • Steel tools.
  • Woodwinds.
  • Pizza.
  • Bongos.
  • Flight.
  • Salsa.
  • Digital Watches.
  • Peak over-priced twaddle.
  • Warp speed.
  • Overindulgence in convoluted time-travel plots without any attention to the latest in Physics research indicating time travel is always forward at some rate.

And cheese pizza is simplsy a pizza base, NOT a pizza. Eating cheese pizza is like going to McDonald's and ordering a Bug Mac without  the special sauce.

I just recently tried again the two leader "burgers" from McDonald's: the Big Mac (usually bug-free) and the Quarter Pounder.  I'm amazed that a restaurant chain with many good offerings (like on their breakfast menu) can produce something that looks like a burger but in consumption is almost inverse Aristotelian in being not a burger at all, but some vague cooked compressed meat thingie.  And has two ways of making this not-really-a-burger.

I also have note that despite being the Right Choice, Pineapple is barely holding ground against the Forces of Fruitlessness.  20 votes but only 5 Correct Ones.

You know what that means.  Training montage!

Here we have Comrade Balboa showing us how to prepare!  Does Comrade Balboa not epitomise a true Champion of the Workers and Peasants? 🙂

13 hours ago, BlackenBlue71 said:

Pineapple does not belong on pizza, unless its counterbalanced by the presence of jalapenos. 

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

Getting dangerously close to salsa territory here. 

You know what that means.  Salsa montage!

Edited by Jacke

2 hours ago, Jacke said:

Here we have Comrade Balboa showing us how to prepare!

If you voted for proper pizza, without pineapple, you would've been authorized to use a montage from a good Rocky film.

😛

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

10 hours ago, BlackenBlue71 said:

I only willingly eat at McD's if its breakfast time or McRib season (which it currently is, and I just finished eating one a few minutes ago). I don't really care for clown food.....

Indeed.

Clown food ?!?

Could this be the source...of KILLER CLOWNS !?!?!

10 hours ago, Luminara said:

If you voted for proper pizza, without pineapple, you would've been authorized to use a montage from a good Rocky film.

😛

So, reactionary archer, how many arrows you put down range...TODAY!  Maybe too busy fletching because arrows all lost all their feathers!  Or maybe goofing off!  Maybe you should take a cue...from IGOR!

Am authorized to use all glorious content of Comrade Balboa!  Including the ultimate training montage!

• 2 weeks later

As we come to the end of Yule in Paragon, alas, it appears that Pineapple has gone down to defeat this year.  While 6 people chose wisely and 2 gave into abstaining hunger, 14 were deluded into opposing the Noble Topping.

Back on the original poll by @Obsidian Light in 2019, Ananas comosus managed a plurality of 207 against 98 (why do I keep encountering this number!?!) busy noshing and 195 of the Pie Rebellion.  Consider the max number of poll responses of 500 was reached, some may wonder if the only stuffing was of pizza.

No matter.  Like many a battle between the Forces of Light Toppings and those of Darkest Desolate Decoration of Dishes, this grudge match will return.

I kind of feel like Patrick Troughton.  Of course, without the intervention of forces from Galli--what's that noise?--SIGNAL LOST

• 4 weeks later

Mint with broccoli? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

If you want mint on a pizza, it should be a Lemon Bacon Garlic Mint pizza! (Lemon and Bacon toppings, with a Garlic Mint sauce.)

(I jokingly tell my wife that if I ever make ice cream, that's what I plan to make: Lemon Bacon Garlic Mint ice cream.)