@TheUnnamedOne's Badge Reporter Popmenu

Ever since I discovered the @TheUnnamedOne's Badge Reporter popmenu, I've found it an amazing tool for seeing what Badges you have on a toon.

20201213a.Jacke.BadgeReporter.20201211a.1.thumb.jpg.336da8835ffe9d1050c9ebe4ecfe534e.jpg

Original Authors @TheUnnamedOne and @MultipleGirl pre-Shutdown
Several Previous Maintainers and Contributors
Current Maintainer for Homecoming @Jacke

Currently revised and updated for Homecoming Issue 27 Page 1 Patch 2020 Dec 01 for the 2020 Holiday Event.

Version 20201211a       Homecoming first release for Issue 27 Page 1 Patch 2020 Dec 01

Please see the notes below about the Changelog and Achievement Badges Special Adjustment.  As well, please check out the other Homecoming Badge Popmenus, notes and links below.

File "BadgeReporter.20201211a.mnu"

Download the Popmenu file here.

BadgeReporter.20201211a.mnu

The popmenu file has its version in its name.  New version releases will just require replacing the file without any need to change binds or macros.

Place the popmenu file in this location in your City install to be available on all your toons.  Create the folders if they don't exist.  Use only one Badge Reporter file in your install.

<City install root>/data/texts/English/Menus/

Finding Your City Install Root on Windows for HC Launcher, Tequila, Island Rum

Replace "English" with the language of your install (see the Wiki page for details).

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Popmenu_(Slash_Command)

On your current logged in toon, invoke the Popmenu to see it and its Badge Report for that toon.  Best invoked by keypress, allowing placement of the mouse pointer to the upper left to allow the submenus to cascade to the right and down.

I prefer to bind it to a key, using 'N'.

/bind N "popmenu badgereporter"

Alternately, create a macro and put it in your trays to be invoked by a standard keypress.

/macro BR "popmenu badgereporter"

Hover your mouse in the upper left of your screen, then press the key to trigger the bind or macro.  You'll then see the main menu with each entry cascading to a submenu or a list of Badges.

If the Badge name is greyed out, the toon doesn't have it yet.  If it's bright blue like the menu entries, the toon has the Badge.

Additional information included for some Badges such as Mission Level Ranges and how to obtain the Defeat Badges.

20201213a.Jacke.BadgeReporter.20201211a.2.thumb.jpg.7e83060a60d1480da7ec214677b90292.jpg

Corrections and suggestions are welcome.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog

Version 20201211a

• Homecoming first release for Issue 27 Page 1 Patch 2020 Dec 01.
  • Updated for all Badge additions and changes up to that Patch.
  • Main menu has the same Badge Type order as the in-game Badge listing.
  • Lower menus organized as a compromise between the in-game order and the order roughly encountered during leveling.
  • Exploration Badges within a Zone match the order in Vidiot Maps.
  • Additional information included for some Badges such as Mission Level Ranges and how to obtain the Defeat Badges.
  • Achievement Badges Special Adjustment: some Achievement Badges grouped under Accomplishments with similar Badges.

Achievement Badges Special Adjustment

There are 18 Achievement Badges with Categories similar to ones under Accomplishments.  They have been placed in the Accomplishment submenu to group them with the similar Accomplishment Badges.

Achievement (Story Arc)                 have the suffix " (achiev. arc)" appended
                Deadly Combatant
                Dignified Combatant
                War Hero
                Guardian of Forever             Ouroboros alternative with " (achiev. arc Ouro)" appended
                Gifted Speaker
                False Prophet
                Avenger
                Beyond Reasonable Doubt
                Diamond in the Rough

Achievement (Mission Challenge)         have the suffix " (achiev. chall.)" appended
                Steel Savior
                No One Left Behind
                Connected
                Time Saver
                Knows No Fear
                Lone Wolf
                Buddy Cop
                Incarnate Rival

Achievement (Incarnate Trial)           this is from running a mission to run the DA iTrial
                                                has " (achiev. chall. DA iTrial)" appended
                Bailout Hero::Bailout Villain

Other Homecoming Badge Popmenus

There are other Badge Popmenus developed and released for Homecoming.  Please check their linked topics for more details and their current versions.

@Janrith's Alphabetic Badge List Popmenu, currently maintained by @ROBOKiTTY
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/7636-alphabetic-badge-list-popmenu/?tab=comments#comment-161922

@AboveTheChemist's Badge List Popmenu (with other contributors, developed from @Janrith's Popmenu)
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/24454-atcs-badge-list-popmenu/

Badge Reporter up to the initial version 20201211a for Homecoming was developed independently going back to its original authorship by @TheUnnamedOne and @MultipleGirl pre-Shutdown.  I do not know the full details besides it passing through at least two maintainers with contributors before coming to me.  Those previous maintainers and contributors known to me wish to remain anonymous.

The Alphabetic Badge List was developed independently by @Janrith and others in the Homecoming community from information referenced in its topic.  It is currently maintained by @ROBOKiTTY.

The Badge List Popmenu was developed by @AboveTheChemist building on the work of @Janrith, @ROBOKiTTY, @Wingman, and others as an offshoot of the Alphabetic Badge List.

Edited by Jacke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

City Global @Jacke, @Jacke2 || Discord @Jacke#9626  

Commands Popmenu including Long Range Teleport Available Zones

"We didn't get to be RO by randomly shooting stuff with powers we drew from a hat." - Colonel Kernel   

• 1 month later

I downloaded the Version 20201211a menu and it seems to be fine, except that under the "by issue" menu does not have anything beyond issue 23. Is this an oversight?

I am also still using the old Badge Reporter Expanded, which includes descriptions on how to achieve each badge. Is this something that may be added in the future?

Edited by ElectronMaiden
Thought of another question.
On 1/25/2021 at 10:51 PM, ElectronMaiden said:

I downloaded the Version 20201211a menu and it seems to be fine, except that under the "by issue" menu does not have anything beyond issue 23. Is this an oversight?

I am also still using the old Badge Reporter Expanded, which includes descriptions on how to achieve each badge. Is this something that may be added in the future?

I'm not sure what you mean by the "by issue" menu.  Can you provide a screenshot?  The in-game screenshot won't work as when you press the key for it, the popmenu will disappear before the screenshot is made.  Normally the operating system will save a screenshot on the clipboard when you press the PRTSC key on your keyboard.  You can then paste that screenshot into a program like Irfanview and save it and add it to a reply here in the forums.

I'm not familiar with the Badge Reporter Expanded.  Can you attach a copy of the .mnu file for it to a reply here?

The next version will have features that guide getting the Accolades, which often require getting many other badges.

"We didn't get to be RO by randomly shooting stuff with powers we drew from a hat." - Colonel Kernel   

5 hours ago, Jacke said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the "by issue" menu.  Can you provide a screenshot?  The in-game screenshot won't work as when you press the key for it, the popmenu will disappear before the screenshot is made.  Normally the operating system will save a screenshot on the clipboard when you press the PRTSC key on your keyboard.  You can then paste that screenshot into a program like Irfanview and save it and add it to a reply here in the forums.

I'm not familiar with the Badge Reporter Expanded.  Can you attach a copy of the .mnu file for it to a reply here?

The next version will have features that guide getting the Accolades, which often require getting many other badges.

My first picture is for the "by issue" menu. You can see that it lists madges by which issue they were added to teh game. The second picture shows the badge reporter expanded. I can drop the .mnu file, but I can't remember exactly where I got it and I don't want whomever made it to not have the credit that is due.

BR.jpg

BRE.jpg

35 minutes ago, ElectronMaiden said:

My first picture is for the "by issue" menu. You can see that it lists madges by which issue they were added to teh game. The second picture shows the badge reporter expanded. I can drop the .mnu file, but I can't remember exactly where I got it and I don't want whomever made it to not have the credit that is due.

Thanks for the screenshots.

I don't think either of those is the @TheUnnamedOne's Badge Reporter Popmenu nor my version 20201211a.  They may have been developed from an earlier version of Badge Reporter before mine, or they may have been developed completely independently.

Compare them to the screenshots of 20201211a in the initial post and you'll see that the menu structure is completely different.

For your first screenshot, what I think is happening is in the folder for Popmenu files:

<City install root>/data/texts/English/Menus/

there are at least 2 files with the same internal menu name, these lines near the top of the file, with the very first open brace '{':

//
Menu "badgereporter"
{

With 2 or more files with the same internal name, it's a toss-up which one the City client uses.  It appears to be picking the one that's not 20201211a.

You'll have to look at the files to figure them out, see if they have any comments saying who wrote them.  The first one appears to have been put together sometime after Issue 23 was released.

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

there are at least 2 files with the same internal menu name, these lines near the top of the file, with the very first open brace '{':

You are right... the Expanded version came with a smaller version that was named "classic" but the internal name was just "BadgeReporter"

Yep, that was it, all right. Your menu looks just like in your screen shots now. Thank you 😄

Edited by ElectronMaiden
Just updated after I fixed my issue.
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later

image.thumb.png.ee3d29d2d2c44f0b7d132a1a6b261cb0.png

as I've tried to show in the screenie, it appears that a couple of the Lambda badges are cross-connected so that when you have the Well Stocked badge, it shows you have Lambda Looter and vice versa