Base Christmas Decorations

McCavity

I'm decorating my base Christmas tree, and wondered if others would like to share pics / tips on their holiday decorations?

Here's my tree, decorated with inactive power crystals tinted red, green, blue & gold, and the small hanging lights (red, green, blue).  The tree-topper is a Chantry Light.
131892030_10218639436806199_429290383756

• Like 2

Hi Nyght 🙂

I haven't done a lot to decorate my main's personal base, because he's not that kind of guy, really, but I HAVE done the following - a wreath above the fireplace, some candles and greenery on the front windowsill, and a small tree:

screenshot_201220-19-36-52.thumb.jpg.5e36dfcbc28a598616b6b7e2498963f4.jpg screenshot_201220-19-37-03.thumb.jpg.3898134a709a4e9414b717ec5a3fd59a.jpg screenshot_201220-19-37-10.thumb.jpg.5bb0f1ab541fbbd19eb528534dff9e8c.jpg

Would have liked to put some lights on the neighbors' bushes out front, visible through the window, but alas, particles, including the glow billboards from the lights that I would have used, don't render through that particular piece of glass. 😞 Pretty bummed about that actually, as it constituted about 60% of my decorating plans in there.

Other than that, here are some of the decorations I put up in the main base for the group McCavity up there leads - some festive greenery along the wall in the great hall, and a tree in the living quarters using most of the same techniques already illustrated (but those agapanthus garlands were HUGELY fiddly to do, omg):

screenshot_201220-19-42-40.thumb.jpg.dbb9732fc55a02671174c5b5d0167214.jpg screenshot_201220-19-43-42.thumb.jpg.2c1cce0e1371035f0d1fc051cabb7774.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

• 11 months later
  • 3 weeks later
3 hours ago, I.A.D said:

How do you guys find these Christmas decorations? In the Place Object section?

They are not Christmas decorations per se. They are regular objects manipulated into Christmas decorations. Generally, tintable object or objects that are already textured green/red

1 hour ago, PotatoLove said:

They are not Christmas decorations per se. They are regular objects manipulated into Christmas decorations. Generally, tintable object or objects that are already textured green/red

What does that mean? Like a tintable car? It will be good as a Christmas decoration then?

11 hours ago, I.A.D said:

What does that mean? Like a tintable car? It will be good as a Christmas decoration then?

The thing about base editing is that often you have to use items in conjunction with other items to get the item you want (or as close as you can get given the limitations we have). So yes, some items are tintable, meaning you can change the colors of the item. A lot of things you will see in these pics are not items that are available in the editor. They are constructed out of other items and placed together to make it look like whatever it is you are trying to make. It takes a lot of imagination and skill sometimes. 

• Like 1