Good primary for a /Bio brute?

StriderIV

Just now, StriderIV said:

Ooof man it’s tough to decide! I guess it comes down to playstyle. For the tanker at least, do you think Savage/Dark or Savage/Shield is better?

You'll have to refer to my reply on your Tanker thread.  I think my judgment was that they're both good, on a Tank, but I would probably pick dark due to biased personal preference even if shield is more optimal.

If you're looking for PvP-centered advice though I'm not the one to ask, I only know the PvE side of things well.  Stalkers might be better overall for PvP, regardless of sets.  I just don't know.

• Like 1

Just now, Dark Dove said:

You'll have to refer to my reply on your Tanker thread.  I think my judgment was that they're both good, on a Tank, but I would probably pick dark due to biased personal preference even if shield is more optimal.

If you're looking for PvP-centered advice though I'm not the one to ask, I only know the PvE side of things well.  Stalkers might be better overall for PvP, regardless of sets.  I just don't know.

I just saw that, thanks so much man.

3 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Thanks so much for the input! I’ve noticed you’ve shared a lot of knowledge in the past on Dark Melee/Dark Armor =]

I’d loved to pick your brain, because I’m interested in a “dark” themed hero. Would you recommend something like Dark Melee/Dark Armor on a Brute, Tanker or Scrapper? Which AT utilizes it the best.

Or would you recommend other combos? Like DA is an endurance heavy set, so would Savage Melee pair well with it for the endurance recovery passive? Are there specifc dark builds you’d recommend for a tank/brute?

Lastly, how does Dark (melee or aura) stack up endgame to other power sets?

So sorry for the million questions, I just want to pick your brain! 😂

My Dark Armor tanker has Savage Melee for the secondary,  The other pairing I'd recommend for Dark Armor is Staff.  Both of these attack sets build endurance discounts that will help a lot.  I frankly wouldn't recommend any Dark Armor character as a new player's first character.  You will enjoy that character a lot better with the support of an established patron character who can supply the attuned Panacea, Miracle, Numina's, and Performance Shifter IOs  that will make building, levelling,  and playing the character fun. 

Dark Melee's best features are the consistent -tohit and the fast recharging attack that's a self heal.  Its weakness in the AoE department have been somewhat improved, but it still lags behind.  Not a farming kit.  Before Incarnates, this was the premier melee set for characters that wanted to survive it all.  It is at its best on tankers IMO.  I've never thought that Dark Melee really had a lot of synergy with Dark Armor.  It works best with generalist armor sets like Invulnerability, Shield, and Willpower.  Dark Armor's forte is the best self-heal in the game.  It doesn't need a healing attack.  Invuln's self heal is very slow, and Willpower doesn't have one at all.  All of these armor sets feature defense, and defense and -tohit are basically the same thing mechanically; both make it less likely that enemy attacks will hit at all.  Dark Armor is almost pure resistance, and while it works a lot better to add a bit of defense to a resist armor than to add a bit of resistance to a defense armor, the ability of Dark Melee to supply what other armors don't get natively makes those pairings work well.  But any armor set becomes tankier when paired with Dark Melee. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

2 hours ago, Heraclea said:

My Dark Armor tanker has Savage Melee for the secondary,  The other pairing I'd recommend for Dark Armor is Staff.  Both of these attack sets build endurance discounts that will help a lot.  I frankly wouldn't recommend any Dark Armor character as a new player's first character.  You will enjoy that character a lot better with the support of an established patron character who can supply the attuned Panacea, Miracle, Numina's, and Performance Shifter IOs  that will make building, levelling,  and playing the character fun. 

Dark Melee's best features are the consistent -tohit and the fast recharging attack that's a self heal.  Its weakness in the AoE department have been somewhat improved, but it still lags behind.  Not a farming kit.  Before Incarnates, this was the premier melee set for characters that wanted to survive it all.  It is at its best on tankers IMO.  I've never thought that Dark Melee really had a lot of synergy with Dark Armor.  It works best with generalist armor sets like Invulnerability, Shield, and Willpower.  Dark Armor's forte is the best self-heal in the game.  It doesn't need a healing attack.  Invuln's self heal is very slow, and Willpower doesn't have one at all.  All of these armor sets feature defense, and defense and -tohit are basically the same thing mechanically; both make it less likely that enemy attacks will hit at all.  Dark Armor is almost pure resistance, and while it works a lot better to add a bit of defense to a resist armor than to add a bit of resistance to a defense armor, the ability of Dark Melee to supply what other armors don't get natively makes those pairings work well.  But any armor set becomes tankier when paired with Dark Melee. 

I appreciate this. DA/Savage just seems so fun. Would you mind sharing your build? Do you feel it would be more effective on a tanker than a Brute?

3 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Not sure. I haven’t gotten a savage tanker to 50 yet. I just enjoy the set as a whole. I can’t imagine it would be much worse than brutes or scrappers. 

As far as what is best at 50...I’m going to say it depends.  Stalkers will do more single target than any other melee archetype basically regardless of the attack set. This is due to assassins strike, assassins focus, and their ATOs. So it’s hard to say that they are best due to having better single target damage. This is true with basically every shared set of stalkers. 

I think most people would say savage is best of stalkers. I’m not going to deny that, but it depends on the feel. I have many savage characters, but my main ones are:

- savage/EA stalker
- savage/EA brute

- savage/bio scrapper

- plant/savage dominator 

Out of those 4, I enjoy the scrapper the most and the brute second most. Even though stalkers can go berserk and just fight everything in sight just like a scrapper or a brute, I still have a lot of old school stalker in me. So I tend to find the biggest baddest target and focus it down on my stalker. On my scrapper/brute I just leap in and go ballistic on the entire spawn not really caring what my target is. 

So it depends on how you generally approach each archetype. Stalkers will do better damage. That is pretty much always going to be the case. The general consensus does seem to be the savage is best on stalkers. I have the most fun on my savage scrapper. 

You’ve been my dude, so LAST question for you. Settling on Dark Armor to pair with Savage. Was wondering if you thought it would be more effective on a DA/Savage Tanker or Savage/DA Brute. I’ve always leaned towards Brutes (have a couple of them) but I’ve heard Tankers had a recent AOE buff, and I feel that could mesh well with Savages AOE moves

5 hours ago, StriderIV said:

I appreciate this. DA/Savage just seems so fun. Would you mind sharing your build? Do you feel it would be more effective on a tanker than a Brute?

I don't think I have a MIDS build for the character.  It's fairly standard and based on general principles: five slot the single target attacks with four Kinetic Combats and a random Acc/Dam, either the Nucleolus or a random set IO; five slot all of the armor toggles with Aegis.  You will want Conserve Power (or Sup. Conditioning on a brute) and Physical Perfection here; these are plsces for one or two extra Performance Shifter procs.  

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

2 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I don't think I have a MIDS build for the character.  It's fairly standard and based on general principles: five slot the single target attacks with four Kinetic Combats and a random Acc/Dam, either the Nucleolus or a random set IO; five slot all of the armor toggles with Aegis.  You will want Conserve Power (or Sup. Conditioning on a brute) and Physical Perfection here; these are plsces for one or two extra Performance Shifter procs.  

Thanks for keeping it simple for me! I’ll update this thread with a pic of the hero when he’s complete =P I’ve been partial to Brutes in the past, but I’ve heard good things about DA/Savage on tankers once the AOE buffs. Do you feel it is more optimal on either class?

14 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

- savage/bio scrapper

Just curios if you have a Mids build handy for this one?  I just rolled up a Savage/Bio Scrapper and have been looking for builds to reference for slotting.  It's my first attempt at a Bio anything so I have zero frame of reference for proper end-game slotting.

Thanks!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Not sure. I haven’t gotten a savage tanker to 50 yet. I just enjoy the set as a whole. I can’t imagine it would be much worse than brutes or scrappers. 

As far as what is best at 50...I’m going to say it depends.  Stalkers will do more single target than any other melee archetype basically regardless of the attack set. This is due to assassins strike, assassins focus, and their ATOs. So it’s hard to say that they are best due to having better single target damage. This is true with basically every shared set of stalkers. 

I think most people would say savage is best of stalkers. I’m not going to deny that, but it depends on the feel. I have many savage characters, but my main ones are:

- savage/EA stalker
- savage/EA brute

- savage/bio scrapper

- plant/savage dominator 

Out of those 4, I enjoy the scrapper the most and the brute second most. Even though stalkers can go berserk and just fight everything in sight just like a scrapper or a brute, I still have a lot of old school stalker in me. So I tend to find the biggest baddest target and focus it down on my stalker. On my scrapper/brute I just leap in and go ballistic on the entire spawn not really caring what my target is. 

So it depends on how you generally approach each archetype. Stalkers will do better damage. That is pretty much always going to be the case. The general consensus does seem to be the savage is best on stalkers. I have the most fun on my savage scrapper. 

I’m also pretty interested in your Savage/EA build =P

16 hours ago, StriderIV said:

You’ve been my dude, so LAST question for you. Settling on Dark Armor to pair with Savage. Was wondering if you thought it would be more effective on a DA/Savage Tanker or Savage/DA Brute. I’ve always leaned towards Brutes (have a couple of them) but I’ve heard Tankers had a recent AOE buff, and I feel that could mesh well with Savages AOE moves

I don’t have a lot of experience with dark armor. Brute and tanker have the same resist caps, however, tankers have higher armor modifiers. So tanker will have an easier time hitting the resist caps than a brute. Factor in the tanker resist ATO proc and it will have a lot easier time reaching the caps. 

Tankers did get a nice AoE buff a while back. They are not slackers when it comes to damage, especially AoE damage. 

For what it’s worth, when I do get around to making a dark armor character, it will be a tanker. I defer to people with more experience with the set though. Savage will do great on both tankers and brutes. So I think it will come down to which will do better with the armor. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, StriderIV said:

My general rules when looking at brute versus tanker are:  1. What powers do I want first?  Do I want the T9 power at lvl 32 or do I want it at lvl 38?; 2.  Do I want to use ancillary pool powers early or late?  I'm generally going to want the T8 and T9 offense powers for tanks at lvl 35 and lvl 38, so if I want those ancillary powers early I'll go brute rather than tanker.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

5 hours ago, jdos911 said:

Just curios if you have a Mids build handy for this one?  I just rolled up a Savage/Bio Scrapper and have been looking for builds to reference for slotting.  It's my first attempt at a Bio anything so I have zero frame of reference for proper end-game slotting.

Thanks!

Here is my savage/bio scrapper.  Many of the same comments that I made for the brute build also apply to this one.  So reference that post earlier in the thread.  Again, I don't claim it is the best build, but it works great for me.  Also note, this is not a cheap build.

The build:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Savage Melee
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(7), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(9), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 2: Savage Strike -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(15)
Level 4: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(19)
Level 6: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(19), Rct-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 8: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Hct-Acc/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Hct-Dam%(25), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 12: Adaptation 
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(27), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(31)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Obl-%Dam(33)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(34), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(34), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36)
Level 22: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(36), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(36), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def(37)
Level 26: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), Rct-ResDam%(39)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), EffAdp-EndMod(40), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(40)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(42), Arm-Dam%(42), Erd-%Dam(43), ScrDrv-Dam%(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(43)
Level 35: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(45), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(45), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45), DctWnd-Rchg(50)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 44: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Soul Storm -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(48), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 49: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
Level 12: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 12: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 12: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
------------

Snippet of totals in offensive adaption and no stack of blood frenzy:

image.png.19528a4982b8f612e916ae04ab3146e3.png

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

I don’t have a lot of experience with dark armor. Brute and tanker have the same resist caps, however, tankers have higher armor modifiers. So tanker will have an easier time hitting the resist caps than a brute. Factor in the tanker resist ATO proc and it will have a lot easier time reaching the caps. 

Tankers did get a nice AoE buff a while back. They are not slackers when it comes to damage, especially AoE damage. 

For what it’s worth, when I do get around to making a dark armor character, it will be a tanker. I defer to people with more experience with the set though. Savage will do great on both tankers and brutes. So I think it will come down to which will do better with the armor. 

Nice man, I appreciate it. It’ll come down to if I want a Savage/Bio Brute or Savage/DA tanker. I’ve also been a bit drawn to Elec/Shield, but I feel that would play best on a stalker.

5 hours ago, StriderIV said:

I’m also pretty interested in your Savage/EA build =P

Here is the savage/EA stalker build.  Rune of recharge can be used whenever as it has high uptime.  It gives a good boost to mitigation and is a staple on all my energy aura builds.

The build:  I'm not sure why it says spirit ward and arcane bolt aren't allowed.  May be the level at which I selected them.  So may need to rearrange when you get the powers, but you can take everything in the build.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Level 50 Mutation Stalker
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Sorcery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(9)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 6: Assassin's Frenzy -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(19)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Entropy Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(19), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(21), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 18: Kinetic Dampening -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(25), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(27), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29)
Level 20: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Obl-%Dam(33)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 26: Spirit Ward -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Arcane Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Rune of Protection -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(37), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(37), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(39), Arm-Dam%(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(40), Erd-%Dam(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- PrfShf-EndMod(A)
Level 38: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43), Prv-Absorb%(43)
Level 41: Hemorrhage -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dam%(45), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 44: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Soul Storm -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(48), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 49: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 44: Experimental Injection 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

Totals with and without rune of protection.  Both of these are with 0 stacks of blood frenzy.

image.png.71e3082aed3ba0830beb199678ff6621.pngimage.png.4dfd52b1a4bcc6a98d3e10a4ab3961df.png

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Here is the savage/EA stalker build.  Rune of recharge can be used whenever as it has high uptime.  It gives a good boost to mitigation and is a staple on all my energy aura builds.

The build:  I'm not sure why it says spirit ward and arcane bolt aren't allowed.  May be the level at which I selected them.  So may need to rearrange when you get the powers, but you can take everything in the build.

Reveal hidden contents

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Level 50 Mutation Stalker
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Sorcery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(9)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 6: Assassin's Frenzy -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(19)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Entropy Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(19), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(21), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 18: Kinetic Dampening -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(25), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(27), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29)
Level 20: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Obl-%Dam(33)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 26: Spirit Ward -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Arcane Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Rune of Protection -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(37), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(37), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(39), Arm-Dam%(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(40), Erd-%Dam(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- PrfShf-EndMod(A)
Level 38: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43), Prv-Absorb%(43)
Level 41: Hemorrhage -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dam%(45), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 49: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 44: Experimental Injection 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

Totals with and without rune of protection.  Both of these are with 0 stacks of blood frenzy.

image.png.71e3082aed3ba0830beb199678ff6621.pngimage.png.4dfd52b1a4bcc6a98d3e10a4ab3961df.png

Also man, I can’t express how thankful I am for you taking the time! I used to play this game when I was younger and I’m  coming back. Since I have a wife and 3 kids now, I don’t have a ton of time to play (which is why I’m pretty picky) haha. I probably will only be able to level 1-2 heroes realistically.

With your help, I went from like 848297473 different choices and have come down to (all brutes):

Savage/Bio

Savage/DA

TW/Elec

Psi/Rad

Elec/Shield or Savage/Shield (could be sold on doing this as a Stalker if it is much more optimal there)

I just want to make sure I’m investing in something that can do well at mostly all things endgame.

1 minute ago, StriderIV said:

Also man, I can’t express how thankful I am for you taking the time! I used to play this game when I was younger and I’m  coming back. Since I have a wife and 3 kids now, I don’t have a ton of time to play (which is why I’m pretty picky) haha. I probably will only be able to level 1-2 heroes realistically.

With your help, I went from like 848297473 different choices and have come down to (all brutes):

Savage/Bio

Savage/DA

TW/Elec

Psi/Rad

Elec/Shield or Savage/Shield (could be sold on doing this as a Stalker if it is much more optimal there)

I just want to make sure I’m investing in something that can do well at mostly all things endgame.

No problem.  You can always make more toons as you have time.  Those should all be fun.  

If you are going to do elec/shield or savage/shield - I would recommend savage / shield and recommend doing it on a stalker.

Not to make you decisions any harder by throwing more options in the ring:  dual blades on either stalker or scrapper is amazingly fun.  I have a db/ea scrapper and a db/bio stalker that are loads of fun.  I am also leveling up a db/ea stalker as well.  Dual blades has become one of my favorite primaries. So whenever you do have time for more alts give that a look too!

A note about the end game.  I am really sincere when I say this, you can do well with just about anything at the end game.  Especially if you have a decent budget for the toon.  I think a more important consideration is how much fun you have with any given combo.

• Thanks 1