A New Alien Archetype

A guy on Facebook suggested a great idea that I immediately loved.

An all new alien archetype to play in the game. Something opposing to the Kheldians.

The kheldians are kind of a mix between tanks and blasters. Maybe this new class could be a mix of controller and scrapper?

And maybe have a duality similar to Peacebringers and Warshades, only with this archetype, one is a villain and one is a hero. 

I think this would be an incredibly exciting opportunity to introduce a unique new character to the game.

What do you think?

What would you do differently? Why?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Vayek said:

A guy on Facebook suggested a great idea that I immediately loved.

An all new alien archetype to play in the game. Something opposing to the Kheldians.

The kheldians are kind of a mix between tanks and blasters. Maybe this new class could be a mix of controller and scrapper?

And maybe have a duality similar to Peacebringers and Warshades, only with this archetype, one is a villain and one is a hero. 

I think this would be an incredibly exciting opportunity to introduce a unique new character to the game.

What do you think?

What would you do differently? Why?

Thank you Vayek. If the gamers artists here could also give some suggestions about what these aliens would look like,I would appreciate it very much.

Maybe fix the khelds we have?  

I thought Warshades were controllerish in human form 

While Peacebringers had some defender type powers.  

Both with Melee attacks.  

Its just they are so Meh, they can't really do much with it.  

The "Epic" in Epic AT refers to them being tied to some piece of lore or to a storyline. So the very first set of questions I'd ask is "What bit of lore are you trying to introduce or explore?" Why are they aliens? Where are they from? What are they trying to do? Technically the ones "opposing" the Kheldians are the Nictus, mostly acting via the Council.

That backstory and lore then generally helps define powers - the what and why - including any unique mechanics.

Personally, I'd want any Epic to stand on its own and be defined by itself.

Also, Khelds are insanely fun. No idea what anyone calling them "meh" is playing - maybe they got into a VEAT by mistake. 😉

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

4 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Maybe fix the khelds we have?  

I thought Warshades were controllerish in human form 

While Peacebringers had some defender type powers.  

Both with Melee attacks.  

Its just they are so Meh, they can't really do much with it.  

Well, I don't want to be rude. But if you want improvements to the khelds that we already have, you could make a topic asking for these improvements. This topic here would be more for those who liked the idea of new aliens in the game.

3 hours ago, captainstar said:

Well, I don't want to be rude. But if you want improvements to the khelds that we already have, you could make a topic asking for these improvements. This topic here would be more for those who liked the idea of new aliens in the game.

One of the stated reasons in the OP for the new AT was to have an Alien that's a mix of Controller and Scrapper

Khelds are already supposedly intended to be mixes of Controller/Scrappers (Warshade)  Defender/Scrapper (Peacebringer) in their Human Forms Already.   So my comment its relevant by that inclusion.  

=====

However you are missing another point.  There may be people who Don't Like the idea of new Aliens in the game.  Separate from the mechanical point I commented on.   They should get a say as well I would think.  Possibly due to a lack of current Lore supporting them in the game.  All Epic Archetypes so far are integrated into the game lore.  So it would require a big lift making a new AT and integrating all that new Lore.  

For example some might want to see a Time Traveller EAT instead based on the Ouroboros lore.  

Of course maybe you could combine the two and make a Rikti based EAT.  (sort of) 

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

The "Epic" in Epic AT refers to them being tied to some piece of lore or to a storyline. So the very first set of questions I'd ask is "What bit of lore are you trying to introduce or explore?" Why are they aliens? Where are they from? What are they trying to do? Technically the ones "opposing" the Kheldians are the Nictus, mostly acting via the Council.

That backstory and lore then generally helps define powers - the what and why - including any unique mechanics.

Personally, I'd want any Epic to stand on its own and be defined by itself.

Also, Khelds are insanely fun. No idea what anyone calling them "meh" is playing - maybe they got into a VEAT by mistake. 😉

Agree with the first part of your post about the Lore Aspect 

The last bit.  Kheld shifting is cool.  They look awesome.  But mechanically they are Meh.  They are just too fiddly with all the toggling and other nonsense involved.   The return is just not there for the annoyance factor IMO.  But to each their own.  They could be a lot nicer with some minor changes though.  But I'll leave those specifics off this thread.