Weekly Discussion 82: Let's Vote! (Extended over the holidays)

GM ColdSpark

Weekly Discussion 82 - Topic Choice  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Vote on the topics you'd like discussed in our weekly chats

• T1 Immobilizes in control sets
    • Don't you just hate it when / love it when (with a focus on in game events not powers etc)
    • Top Powerset Lucky Dip! I'll choose one of the top powersets you previously identified that haven't been covered yet (Darkness Manipulation, Force Field, Assault Rifle, Dark Miasma, Dark Melee, Devices)
    • T9 Lucky Dip! I'll choose one of the remaining T9 areas for discussion: Blaster/Defender/Sentinel/Corruptor Ranged Damage OR Brute/Stalker/Scrapper/Tank Melee Damage OR Dominator Assault & Mastermind
    • Cooldown in Support & Control Powersets
    • Base-building - new items and QoL enhancements
    • Revamps of old TFs in detail
    • Kinetic Melee

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/21 at 08:00 AM

Anything to do with Control and Support Sets... ANYTHING... would be great.

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

On 12/22/2020 at 6:52 AM, Darmian said:

If that's the one sourcing tip style missions from AE (or even mini TFs!) then you know you have my vote already at least.

You know it is, buddy! Since my initial ideas, I've been playing some player created AE missions (read: not farms). I have to say there is a lot of care, decent writing and fun stuff in there. This absolutely bumped up my desire to see the Devs implement my system.

Anyone doing the current bunch of radio, tip missions etc has done them a lot....way too much in some cases. My system is a less labor intensive way to add some radio/paper/tip missions to the game. One map missions that have a lot of work put into the custom enemies, writing and idea. I suggest those would be higher quality than most of the current radio/paper/tip missions that we have as regular content. This would, of course, mean porting the single mission/map AE content.

Now, maybe the longer player created AE missions can be ported into TFs/SFs as well. There are holes galore right now in the current game and a lot of TFs/SFs just plain....aren't good. Maybe if we port over a very good AE player made arc and make it a short TF/SF then we can fill that void as well.

Again, I don't see how the current limited Dev resources could pump out content on a regular basis or that often. So, let's do this. PLEASE :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

Since my initial ideas, I've been playing some player created AE missions (read: not farms). I have to say there is a lot of care, decent writing and fun stuff in there. This absolutely bumped up my desire to see the Devs implement my system.

If you run into my stuff feel free to drop an email. It's all learning curve if you're trying to make stuff. 

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I like to team.  In LFG 90% of the time people are organizing for TFs not regular missions.  The game rewards TFs and not regular missions.

So for variety of play I want as many good TFs as possible.  I want the old TFs revamped to be good and broken into multiple so we have more. 

• Like 2

I would agree with re-vamping the older TF's.  Just ran Citadel yesterday after running Yin's and Admiral Sutter's TF and the difference in how well the newer TF's flow versus the Launch TF's is pretty staggering.    The travel betweeen zones itself in Citadel is such a time sink (with kill all missions ping-ponging between Talos and IP) that even with Ouro and Base Portals getting a group to missions feels like you're running a marathon versus the quick focused story of the newer content.

I voted to get kinmelee an once-over, but think yeah, maybe I should have picked TFs. 

The new TF market crash is pretty great, can be run in a variety of ways, rewards pretty well. Same with Penny (which is "new" only in a broad definition of the word).

I would like to see more Penny/DAallthethings/Marketcrash/Tinpex (I like apex/tm combo better, but i guess tinpex is shorter to type....).

I really liked the blue side new hero arc. It is a little long to run as a TF possibly, but that level of interesting cool would be great to see in a new TF.

For me, TF gaps are 30-35, 20-25, 15-20. A bunch of TFs in these ranges are VERY LONG, and for someone with limited time, this automatically rules out my participation. Penny, MC speed, ITF speed, Tinpex (crap shoot on this one as to if it goes fast or not) all fit into a great sweet spot of 30ish min or less, give or take 5-10 min on either side.

New TF or updated TF content that hits this would be amazing.

Also... the SSA run as "tf light" are GREAT as well. 30 min or left generally speaking, not run very often, good rewards for once a week through. Lots of fun!