Battle Axe vs War Mace

Saikochoro

I’m wondering what people prefer: battle axe or war mace.  I’m not really looking to top dps meters. I’m more looking to have several attacks that put up big numbers and just feel good landing. Looking at the wiki it seems like both of these have several attacks in the superior and extreme category.

They both seem pretty similar per the wiki. I’ll most likely make one of both, but  I never actually tried out either of these back in the day. I just don’t know which to start first.  Anyone have any experiences they want to share? Do people generally like one over the other?

I've only played Broad Sword, but I love the Knockdown and Knockup of it's last two attacks. Battle Axe is very similar to Broad Sword, except almost every attack has knockdown or knockup. I believe War Mace attacks have a chance to stun/disorient.

I'd pick which ever of these effects you think feel better to use.

The two sets are very nearly carbon copies of each other, and both are plenty effective. I'd give a small edge to War Mace overall, for two reasons. First, Clobber is a very fast attack that hits very hard, while its counterpart Swoop has a slower animation for less damage. Second, it does smashing damage instead of lethal. More enemies are resistant to lethal than smashing - for example, most robot mobs are heavily resistant to lethal damage, and actually *vulnerable* (as in, negative resistance) to smashing damage.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

Can you be more specific? Are we talking about sexist monikers for powerful women, body spray, or scrapper primaries?

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation