Jump to content
JawGod

Help building a Beam/Devices Blaster

Recommended Posts

I've been looking at the forums for a good Beam/Devices build, but all i've found is either outdated due to not factoring in the latest changes, or are hover blasters, which I don't see this character being. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have a Beam/Device hover Blaster. But I also toe bomb and get in the mix, too. I could post a build based on my own if you tell me a bit about what your planned build includes...


@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (my current roster of Incarnates) -----

Agent Wong (DP/Ninjutsu); Android Assassin (Beam/Devices); Atomic-Warhead (Rad Armor/Rad Melee)Hell-Spawned (Demons/Dark); Holosmith (Illusion/Traps); Mechanista (Robots/Force Field); Moon Caller (Dark Control/Savage); Shadow-Spider (Trick Arrow/Dark); Willow Thorn (Plant/Nature)

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should give you some ideas hopefully 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Devices
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Shot -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(5), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 1: Toxic Web Grenade -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Cutting Beam -- AnlWkn-%ToHit(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(3), TchofLadG-%Dam(5), PstBls-Dam%(34), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(37), HO:Nucle(37)
Level 4: Caltrops -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), ImpSwf-Dam%(48)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(37)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 10: Targeting Drone -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(11), HO:Cyto(11)
Level 12: Lancer Shot -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(45)
Level 14: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-ToHit(17), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(40), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 18: Penetrating Ray -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(19), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(23), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(23), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Field Operative -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48)
Level 26: Piercing Beam -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(27), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), JvlVll-Dam%(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 28: Trip Mine -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Obl-Dmg(29), Obl-Acc/Rchg(31), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Overcharge -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(33), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(34), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(34)
Level 35: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 41: Gun Drone -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(42), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 47: Vengeance -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
Level 50: Musculature Total Radial Revamp 
------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2020 at 10:35 PM, Force Redux said:

Well I have a Beam/Device hover Blaster. But I also toe bomb and get in the mix, too. I could post a build based on my own if you tell me a bit about what your planned build includes...

I kind of wish I could use the Experimental pool for Speed of Sound and Jaunt, without significantly gimping my defenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2020 at 8:03 PM, Nightmarer said:

This should give you some ideas hopefully 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Devices
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Shot -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(5), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 1: Toxic Web Grenade -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Cutting Beam -- AnlWkn-%ToHit(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(3), TchofLadG-%Dam(5), PstBls-Dam%(34), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(37), HO:Nucle(37)
Level 4: Caltrops -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), ImpSwf-Dam%(48)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(37)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 10: Targeting Drone -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(11), HO:Cyto(11)
Level 12: Lancer Shot -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(45)
Level 14: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-ToHit(17), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(40), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 18: Penetrating Ray -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(19), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(23), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(23), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Field Operative -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48)
Level 26: Piercing Beam -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(27), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), JvlVll-Dam%(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 28: Trip Mine -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Obl-Dmg(29), Obl-Acc/Rchg(31), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Overcharge -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(33), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(34), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(34)
Level 35: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 41: Gun Drone -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(42), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 47: Vengeance -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
Level 50: Musculature Total Radial Revamp 
------------

Interesting that you took cutting beam. I found it to be about as useful as a fork at a soup factory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DocRadio said:

Interesting that you took cutting beam. I found it to be about as useful as a fork at a soup factory.

 

It seemed interesting with the procs but it could be easily replaced with single shot

Edited by Nightmarer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2020 at 1:11 AM, Nightmarer said:

It seemed interesting with the procs but it could be easily replaced with single shot

Personally, I can't see dropping Cutting Beam as it's one of the few built in AoE attacks in the primary. Granted, my br/dev blaster is only at 42, so I might change my mind post-50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...