Touch of Fear Question

DocMidknight

11 minutes ago, DocMidknight said:

Back to the scrapper gurus for a quick question about ToF.......is it worth it now? I'm planning a respec of another dark melee toon and was thinking of adding it in place of shadow maul, any thoughts to how it works with the latest updates....thanks for any advice

I put both in my build shadow maul and tof so when in groups and we are running tons of mobs I can cycle those two aoe attacks it been nice on hami raids

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

The problem I'm running into is that it's a very tight build and I can only fit one and slot one of the powers is, so it's either ToF or it's shadow maul unless I make major changes to the planned build.......softcapping my dm/bio scrapper.    Thanks

Figured a work around to get them both in.........who needs travel when a vendor sell jump packs and such....thanks again

Edited by DocMidknight

Yep my dm/shield use athletic run, jump pack and jet packs because of my super tight build

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

• 4 weeks later

So I've been wanting to do a dark/ice scrapper for a while, but was waiting till dm had its aoe fixed. While i hear lots of bad things about tof, i figured if you can crit it, it would make it worth it with the ATO procs. However compared to any other melee set with multiple aoes, this only really works if you can get at least 2 of those aoes off within that crit time.

Even though the crit proc is *supposed* to last 3 seconds, in my testing i've found as long as the attacks are under 2 seconds, you can still get one more attack off with the extra crit chance.

Oddly enough, with DM, touch of fear is only 1.97s, however after 20 tries with completely queued up attacks, it fails to crit on tof, and then also crit on shadow maul after like it should, making this idea completely useless, and the aoe on DM stilll absurdly crappy. Really pissed about this, especially considering the actual animation for ToF is done in about 1.5s too, and then you just kinda stand there for half a second for no reason. This could easily be cleaned up to make ToF 1.5s, and that would help out a lot overall in it's aoe dept overall even on other ATs as well.

On top of DC needing fixed, and the radius definitely needing to be increased on ToF, this is a bare minimum that needs done for DM.

On 1/29/2021 at 7:27 PM, StriderIV said:

Anyone care to share how they slot TOG in their DM builds now?

I am running eradication in mine for set bonuses

• Like 1