Mids' Reborn: Database Bug Reports

Hello all, I hope everyone is testing out the new release of Mids' Reborn (v3.0). We did our initial release on December 25th, and did another update on December 30th. While the team is ironing out the major bugs with the program, I wanted to put out a request to the users of the New Mids' Reborn to let me know of any incorrect information they are seeing in the program. This can be the information text of a power, the name of a power, the effects of the power, etc. Anything that is incorrect that I can correct in the database, let me know about it. Please, only include bugs that are found in the new version of Mids...I will not be making edits to older versions of the program.

Some outstanding known bugs:

• Corruptors are dorked up. I fixed Archery and Dark Blast for this AT recently, but everything else needs to be swept over. You'll likely notice all damage is doing 33% less that it's supposed to. We'll get this updated soon enough.
  • PvP modifiers (damage and mez). We recently added the PvP tables to Mids, but it will take a full sweep of each power to get the PvP scales corrected and the new modifiers applied. I've been doing this as I go, so much of the Issue 27 changes should be correct for PvP. But that's a very small portion.

I'll leave it at that for now. Thank you. I look forward to correcting what you find. 

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Mids shows Brute energy aura defense and resistance values at 83.3% of the in-game values for all powers. This error does not apply to stalker or scrapper versions.

brute energy.png

Edited by S P A C E S
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, S P A C E S said:

Mids shows Brute energy aura defense and resistance values at 83.3% of the in-game values for all powers. This error does not apply to stalker or scrapper versions.

Thanks for the info. Energy Aura was certainly screwed up badly. I just fixed it (hopefully...at the very least I fixed 95% of it). I'll be in the next patch update.

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

I just downloaded mids reborn 3.0 and opened up a previously made build. I have rune of protection on a defender 6 slotted with unbreakable guard. 

I noticed that ROP showed a duration of 10.25 seconds. So I opened up a fresh mids and selected rune of protection. This showed the proper 90 second duration. So I began slotting it with unbreakable guard. It was fine until I slotted the +7.5% hp IO in it and it suddenly dropped the duration to 10.25 seconds. 

I removed the 7.5% IO and it went back to 90 seconds. I then put in a generic resist IO in the 6th slot and it remained at 90 second duration. I also opened up a fresh mids and single slotted ROP with just the 7.5% IO and it dropped down to 10.25% duration. Something appears to be broken with the 7.5% unbreakable guard IO and rune of protection.

image.png.50438b25a39b70affa262d1be860f8dc.png

I also saw that some of the other pool power durations seemed to be a bit off, but will have to go again later to double check. If so, I will post here. 

-Victory Rush:  Duration is 2s instead of 2m

image.png.c0e6eeef3f4f26220fc3382cedfaf235.png

Edited by Saikochoro
1 hour ago, Saikochoro said:

noticed that ROP showed a duration of 10.25 seconds

Thanks, this is a known issue that can't be fixed with database edits. For whatever reason, the priority system used for displaying durations is docked up. So what you're seeing is the duration of the effect from the enhancement. Nothing I can fix about that.

As for Victory Rush, I'll look into it. I need to revamp that one anyways to the new conditional system, so I'll soon make the slider work for all ranks of enemies.

2 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Victory Rush:  Duration is 2s instead of 2m

I looked into it, the 2s duration is technically correct. The power works by dropping a pseudopet for 2s, then from that pet, a buff is granted based on the highest ranking dead guy within its radius. I will probably redo the power to not summon a pet and just show the buff numbers that players care about.

33 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I looked into it, the 2s duration is technically correct. The power works by dropping a pseudopet for 2s, then from that pet, a buff is granted based on the highest ranking dead guy within its radius. I will probably redo the power to not summon a pet and just show the buff numbers that players care about.

Oh gotcha. That makes sense. 

Sorry if this has been talked about before, but I am finding a discrepancy between MIDs and in game for the envenom power in Poison for Defenders:

In mids it is showing -60% resistance to all. 

image.png.80edbda14773cb5528c148bd10cbca21.png

In game is shows -40%

image.png.6b67b8605654a46b7e6cb358a9e8b9ff.png

Do you know why mids is adding the extra 20%?

22 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

Sorry if this has been talked about before, but I am finding a discrepancy between MIDs and in game for the envenom power in Poison for Defenders:

In mids it is showing -60% resistance to all. 

image.png.80edbda14773cb5528c148bd10cbca21.png

In game is shows -40%

image.png.6b67b8605654a46b7e6cb358a9e8b9ff.png

Do you know why mids is adding the extra 20%?

Thats somewhat a limitation of Mids. Envelop has two sets of effects. There are the debuffs that apply 100% of their effect to the Main Target, and there is a splash debuff that is 50% of their effect that hits secondary targets only.

Mids has no function (that I know of) that allows to show Main Target effects only. So we show both. You are seeing the 40% that hits the main target and the 20% that hits other targets. 

FYI, although you can't stack the effects on the same target, you can get both the main target and secondary target effect by targeting two enemies near each other. In that scenario you can achieve a 60% resistance debuff.

Peacebringer database errors:

in game in mids  
Gleaming Bolt 33.37 26.69  
Glinting Eye 77.41 44.49

I checked the rest and they were all accurate apart from some rounding going on, but the T1 and T2 are reported as higher ingame than in mids.

Interestingly, Glinting Eye reports the same damage in Nova as out of Nova in-game.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
      Iron Challenge      
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Mids Reborn v3.0 DB issue 27: version 20.1225

a.) "Reactive Defenses: Scaling Damage Resist" is showing as exclusive with "Ascendancy of the Dominator: Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge" and its superior variant. It's only that particular AtO.

b.) If you slot the standard version, then flip the enhancement (alternate slotting), it gives you the message that you cannot slot both versions of the ATO, even though I've flipped it. The Reactive seems to be functioning as both? The problem disappears when I remove the reactive, can alternate between slottings (Superior and not) normally. (Edit: additional testing has revealed the "can't slot two versions" message happens with Dominating Grasp, too, but only if attempting to place it on an existing Ascendancy: Acc/Cont/End/Rchg. No idea what's going on, lol.)

Thanks for all the work you guys do!

Edited by BlingBaby
7 minutes ago, BlingBaby said:

Mids Reborn v3.0 DB issue 27: version 20.1225

a.) "Reactive Defenses: Scaling Damage Resist" is showing as exclusive with "Ascendancy of the Dominator: Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge" and its superior variant. It's only that particular AtO.

b.) If you slot the standard version, then flip the enhancement (alternate slotting), it gives you the message that you cannot slot both versions of the ATO, even though I've flipped it. The Reactive seems to be functioning as both? The problem disappears when I remove the reactive, can alternate between slottings (Superior and not) normally. (Edit: additional testing has revealed the "can't slot two versions" message happens with Dominating Grasp, too, but only if attempting to place it on an existing Ascendancy: Acc/Cont/End/Rchg. No idea what's going on, lol.)

Thanks for all the work you guys do!

Already fixed. Update your mids (check for updates) and you won't have that problem anymore. Ignore the error it throws when updating 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

in game in mids  
Glinting Eye 77.41 44.49

I checked the rest and they were all accurate apart from some rounding going on, but the T1 and T2 are reported as higher ingame than in mids.

Interestingly, Glinting Eye reports the same damage in Nova as out of Nova in-game.

Your in Mids numbers are showing for Normal mode, while your in Game numbers are showing Dwarf mode (Bolt) and Nova mode (Eye). I don't know enough yet about Kheldians and Mids and how it shows damage for different forms. I think we will have to revamp Peacebringers to perform their redirects using the new conditionals system based on which form is active. I can maybe get started on that tomorrow after I discuss it with the team.

38 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Your in Mids numbers are showing for Normal mode, while your in Game numbers are showing Dwarf mode (Bolt) and Nova mode (Eye). I don't know enough yet about Kheldians and Mids and how it shows damage for different forms. I think we will have to revamp Peacebringers to perform their redirects using the new conditionals system based on which form is active. I can maybe get started on that tomorrow after I discuss it with the team.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
      Iron Challenge      
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas
Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2021 at 8:37 AM, Gulbasaur said:

in game in mids  
Glinting Eye 77.41 44.49

This has now been fixed and will be made available in the next update. I added effects that will change these powers based on if they're in Human form or Shapeshift form. So now, if you're using Gleaming Bolt while White Dwarf is toggled on, you'll see 33.37 damage and your range will be reduced to 20 ft (from 80ft). If you use Glinting Eye while Bright Nova is toggled on, you'll see 77.41 damage and your cast time will be reduced to 1.5s (from 1.67s) and your recharge increased to 5s (from 4s).

Also fixed the endurance cost for Quantum Acceleration (it was set to 1 end/sec when it's supposed to be 0.65 end/sec). Also fixed the mutual exclusivity of the forms, they were set up wrong allowing you to have both Dwarf and Nova turned on at the same time. Relatedly, Incandescense was also impacted by this, but that's fixed now as well.

Edited by Bopper
  • Thanks 1

Brute archtype origins are unable to both be slotted. That is to say for example a Brute's Fury accuracy/damage cannot be slotted if an Unrelenting Fury is already placed in a power. An error window titled "Can't Slot Enhancement" reads "Brute's Fury: Accuracy/Damage is mutually exclusive with enhancements in the ArchtypeF group. You can only slot one member of this group across your entire build." I get ArchtypeA in the explanation when Unrelenting Fury is the enhancement placed first. Before I go exploring through the database editor I was wondering if this is supposed to be. Other archtypes so far experimented with allow both of their archtype enhancements to be placed.

29 minutes ago, Arisara said:

Brute archtype origins are unable to both be slotted. That is to say for example a Brute's Fury accuracy/damage cannot be slotted if an Unrelenting Fury is already placed in a power. An error window titled "Can't Slot Enhancement" reads "Brute's Fury: Accuracy/Damage is mutually exclusive with enhancements in the ArchtypeF group. You can only slot one member of this group across your entire build." I get ArchtypeA in the explanation when Unrelenting Fury is the enhancement placed first. Before I go exploring through the database editor I was wondering if this is supposed to be. Other archtypes so far experimented with allow both of their archtype enhancements to be placed.

Update your mids 

1 hour ago, Generator said:

Hi, is this a bug, or just a feature gone horribly wrong?

It was a feature, I think. But I believe we removed it and it will change in the next Mids Update.

6 minutes ago, Bopper said:

It was a feature, I think. But I believe we removed it and it will change in the next Mids Update.

Thank the gods.  Is there a way to shut it off?

Edited by Generator
5 minutes ago, Generator said:

Thank the gods.  Is there a way to shut it off?

Not yet, you'll have to wait for our next update.

2 hours ago, Arisara said:

I'm sorry I should have mentioned that's the first thing I tried before posting. Just a few moments ago I clicked Check for Updates Now under Options again. The return is "No update is available at this time." The update url I have is https://midsreborn.com/mids_updates/update.xml

Is that the correct url?

The update URL is correct.  Does it say Mids' Reborn v3.0.1.9 at the very top of the Mids application or does it just say v3.0?  If it says 3.0.1.9 then you have the latest version.

32 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

The update URL is correct.  Does it say Mids' Reborn v3.0.1.9 at the very top of the Mids application or does it just say v3.0?  If it says 3.0.1.9 then you have the latest version.

Thanks. There's my trouble. I downloaded mids from

I may find from where to download 3.0.1.9 before you get back. However might you let me know where that download is from?

39 minutes ago, Arisara said:

Thanks. There's my trouble. I downloaded mids from

I may find from where to download 3.0.1.9 before you get back. However might you let me know where that download is from?

Uninstall your Mids (old and new to be sure). Delete your config.json file. Reinstall Mids from the link you have. When it installs, it will be v3.0. Then "check for updates" to update to 3.0.1.9. An error will throw, but ignore it, just hit Continue.