Mids' Reborn: Database Bug Reports

8 hours ago, Bopper said:

Uninstall your Mids (old and new to be sure). Delete your config.json file. Reinstall Mids from the link you have. When it installs, it will be v3.0. Then "check for updates" to update to 3.0.1.9. An error will throw, but ignore it, just hit Continue.

Thank you so much. That did it. Finding the config.json file took a moment.. windows file search returned 0 results. I would never have known to delete that file. I'll be putting these instructions in my SG message of the day. Who but a programmer would know to delete one extra file after uninstalling a program? That may be something to develop for an uninstall option in the builder itself for us dummies.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Arisara said:

Thank you so much. That did it. Finding the config.json file took a moment.. windows file search returned 0 results. I would never have known to delete that file. I'll be putting these instructions in my SG message of the day. Who but a programmer would know to delete one extra file after uninstalling a program? That may be something to develop for an uninstall option in the builder itself for us dummies.

Possibly next update,, installer will search for the existence of the file and remove it.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Hello:

Not sure if this has been reported but the description of Shred in Mids does not match the game description.  I could not cut and paste the description out of Mids so I have attached a screen snip.  Here is the game description:

"You rapidly slash at your foes several times causing a moderate amount of damage to all enemies in front of you and reduce their defense. Shred also causes minor lethal damage over time. This power grants 1 stack of Blood Frenzy. Damage: Moderate, Minor DoT, Recharge: Moderate"

Contrary to the Mids description, Shred does not consume stacks of Blood Frenzy.

I originally reported this is December but the problem exists in 3.0 as well

This is for Tankers

v2.7.2.10 (Database Issue: 27, Version: 20.1127) and v3.0.1.9(Database Issue 27, Version 20:1229663583308_MidsShredDescription.JPG.2f85744e44b400fb32d6e31756f65a3b.JPG

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, dekova said:

On v3.0.1.9 with DB 20.1229

Building out mind/psi dominiator.

Adding the sixth Ascendancy of the Dominator enhancement changes power duration to 10.25s regardless of what other enhancements have been slotted.

Sample build attached.

Dominator - Mind Control - Psionic Assault.mxd 2.46 kB · 0 downloads

That is a known bug. The effect duration of low priority effects are displaying over the main effect. In this case, the proc has an effect that lasts 10.25s and is displaying in your Info Panel. That's not something that can be fixed in the database, it's a code bug.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

I've found that randomly the program tells me an IO can't be slotted because it is slotted else where as it is a unique IO - when in fact that IO hasn't been placed anywhere in the build at all. Not even when you flip the slots around.

a.png

6 minutes ago, ScarRee said:

I've found that randomly the program tells me an IO can't be slotted because it is slotted else where as it is a unique IO - when in fact that IO hasn't been placed anywhere in the build at all. Not even when you flip the slots around.

a.png

Check for updates 

1 minute ago, ScarRee said:

No update is available at this time.

a.png

Uninstall 

Delete your config.json file from Mids folder

Reinstall 

Check for updates  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ScarRee said:

No update is available at this time

I wasn't able to go into depth earlier as I was traveling and made my responses concise, but hopefully clear. I hope you got it working.

Now that I can go into depth, I'll explain what my instructions were addressing. First, the pop-up with Reactive defense was a bug in 3.0 due to a change made to make Supreme ATOs also unique to their Regular ATOs. In old mids, the program allowed you to slot both when it shouldn't. This bug was quickly fixed in update 3.0.1.9.

When you attempted to update and it failed, that told me your Update url was wrong (it changed in v3.0) and the reason why it was wrong was because when you installed v3.0 you had an old config.json file in the directory you were installing to, and that preserved the old Update url. That is why you saw no updates available. Since I didn't know the url by memory, it was easier to tell you to uninstall, remove the config.json file, then try again. In a future, we will update the installer to look for the config.json file (if it exists) and remove it.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2021 at 2:59 AM, Bopper said:

I wasn't able to go into depth earlier as I was traveling and made my responses concise, but hopefully clear. I hope you got it working.

Now that I can go into depth, I'll explain what my instructions were addressing. First, the pop-up with Reactive defense was a bug in 3.0 due to a change made to make Supreme ATOs also unique to their Regular ATOs. In old mids, the program allowed you to slot both when it shouldn't. This bug was quickly fixed in update 3.0.1.9.

When you attempted to update and it failed, that told me your Update url was wrong (it changed in v3.0) and the reason why it was wrong was because when you installed v3.0 you had an old config.json file in the directory you were installing to, and that preserved the old Update url. That is why you saw no updates available. Since I didn't know the url by memory, it was easier to tell you to uninstall, remove the config.json file, then try again. In a future, we will update the installer to look for the config.json file (if it exists) and remove it.

Uninstalling and deleting the json worked perfectly. The issues haven't returned to this date. Thanks for also letting me know what the issues were exactly including json. I thought I had already done this previously, but I guess I hadn't.
I also understand when travelling it's hard to say exactly what you want there n then so thank you for coming back to update this 😄

The newest version of Mids has been released (v3.0.2.18). Going forward, please report bugs that are present in that version of Mids. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Bopper said:

The newest version of Mids has been released (v3.0.2.18). Going forward, please report bugs that are present in that version of Mids. Thank you.

After the update my shortcut broke. Apparently the name of the app changed from "Mids Reborn.exe" to "MidsReborn.exe".  Not a big deal, but might confuse some folks.

Also, whenever I load a build I lose all the power bars in the Inherent section until I mouse over them or move the window off the screen, forcing re-draw.  Might be a problem with my antique system (Windows 7), but thought I would mention it.

Mids 3.0.2.19 / DB 21.0111

Controller / Trick Arrow / Disruption Arrow:

End Cost Duration -Res
In-Game 14.56 46.25s -30%
Mids 18.2 45s -40%

41 minutes ago, csr said:

Mids 3.0.2.19 / DB 21.0111

Controller / Trick Arrow / Disruption Arrow:

End Cost Duration -Res
In-Game 14.56 46.25s -30%
Mids 18.2 45s -40%

Thanks, I set it wrong in the database. I set it to Melee_Res_Dmg table, when it's supposed to be Ranged_Res_Dmg. I'll fix it

Edited by Bopper

Bopper,

Hello, and thank you for your continuing attention to this incredible utility!!!

The Mids window is not scaling to allow me to see or select from the Epic/Ancillary picklists.  I have run compatibility modes for Windows 7, 8, 10, and tested available screen resolution, scaling, and DPI options.

This scaling issue was not present on the same device while running issue 26 (apologies, don't remember the specifics).

Another user (zethriller) and I posted this bug on GitHub, but haven't heard back.

Link to GitHub post and specifics:  https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn/issues/63

Thank you for your time and attention!

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

48 minutes ago, Cenozoic said:

Bopper,

Hello, and thank you for your continuing attention to this incredible utility!!!

The Mids window is not scaling to allow me to see or select from the Epic/Ancillary picklists.  I have run compatibility modes for Windows 7, 8, 10, and tested available screen resolution, scaling, and DPI options.

This scaling issue was not present on the same device while running issue 26 (apologies, don't remember the specifics).

Another user (zethriller) and I posted this bug on GitHub, but haven't heard back.

Link to GitHub post and specifics:  https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn/issues/63

Thank you for your time and attention!

Zethriller is actually one of our developers, so it is actively being looked at by our team. We're still working this (well...they are, this is outside the realm of database edits so I don't touch 🙂 )

7 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Zethriller is actually one of our developers, so it is actively being looked at by our team. We're still working this (well...they are, this is outside the realm of database edits so I don't touch 🙂 )

Thanks!  I figured something productive was occurring, I wasn't sharp enough to follow along.

Do you have a link to a previous version of Mids, prior to the window resolution issue?

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

4 hours ago, Cenozoic said:

Thanks!  I figured something productive was occurring, I wasn't sharp enough to follow along.

Do you have a link to a previous version of Mids, prior to the window resolution issue?

It might be on our github, but off hand I don't recall. 

I noticed last night that the ATO Brute Rech/+regen/+end discount proc was adding to the global recharge boost for the entire build, instead of just the power itself. I'm at work right now, so I can't post the build, but I wanted to see if that issue has been reported yet.

4 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

I noticed last night that the ATO Brute Rech/+regen/+end discount proc was adding to the global recharge boost for the entire build, instead of just the power itself. I'm at work right now, so I can't post the build, but I wanted to see if that issue has been reported yet.

Known issue and already fixed internally. Will be available in the next few days when we push a hot fix update

• 2 weeks later

I'm getting that bug where regular and Superior versions of the same ATO set can't be slotted in alternate slots on the same power.  I see other people earlier in the thread had this problem and the advice was to upgrade, but I'm running v3.0.4.7 which is the newest version I could find (just installed the other day).  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting Config.json, but the problem persists.

1 hour ago, darkgob said:

I'm getting that bug where regular and Superior versions of the same ATO set can't be slotted in alternate slots on the same power.  I see other people earlier in the thread had this problem and the advice was to upgrade, but I'm running v3.0.4.7 which is the newest version I could find (just installed the other day).  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting Config.json, but the problem persists.

Are you trying to slot the same enhancement from the same set (e.g. a regular enhancement_A and a superior enhancement_A), or are you trying to slot different enhancements from the same set (e.g. a regular enhancement_A and a superior enhancement_B)?

If it's the former, that's intended. Just because one is regular and the other is superior, they are still unique.  You can't slot them both in game so you can't slot them in mids. If it is the latter, tell me which enhancements and send us the build and I'll look into it.

10 hours ago, Bopper said:

Are you trying to slot the same enhancement from the same set (e.g. a regular enhancement_A and a superior enhancement_A), or are you trying to slot different enhancements from the same set (e.g. a regular enhancement_A and a superior enhancement_B)?

If it's the former, that's intended. Just because one is regular and the other is superior, they are still unique.  You can't slot them both in game so you can't slot them in mids. If it is the latter, tell me which enhancements and send us the build and I'll look into it.

I'm trying to slot Ascendancy of the Dominator in the primary slots for the power, and Superior AotD in the alternate slots for the power; my intention is not to have both sets active in the build at the same time, I want to switch between them on the same power.  It used to be possible to do this circa 2.x but it seems to be disallowed now.  It doesn't seem to be limited to that one pair of sets either.