Mids' Reborn: Database Bug Reports

The tier 7 power for Psionic Melee is Boggle.  The power set is available to tanks, scrappers, brutes, and stalkers.  The Mids database documents Boggle as having a duration of 2 seconds for its confuse (and likely, boggle -- a sustained Insight) effect.  My tank, though, just picked up Boggle.  The duration is actually 15 seconds unslotted.  I don't know what it is for the other archetypes, but I expect that a 2-second effect is too low for all of them.

Note that the power offers a Mag 3 confuse, which is not enough for bosses.  However, the boggle/insight effect (increased damage) does affect bosses.  What I don't know is whether a confuse enhancement increases both confuse and boggle durations.  Probably not, but I can hope.

-- Rock

• 1 month later

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post, as idk what constitutes a "Database Bug."

Blaster: Reaction Time within Mids accepts Accurate Healing Sets.

That, naturally, doesn't work in game.  Hope that's helpful. 🙂

In Mids, the flame mastery epic pool for both defenders and corruptors shows char has having a 32 second recharge, when it is 16 seconds. In the same pool, Greater Fire Sword offers taunt enhancements in Mids, but not in game.

• 4 weeks later

Beam Rifle has different methods for showing the bonus damage for a target with the disintegrating effect. For corruptors, checking the Disintegrating button in the "inherent powers" section affects all the appropriate powers.

For defenders and blasters, however, the same button only affects the damage of Penetrating Ray. To modify the damage for the other Beam Rifle powers, the green button on the Disintegrate power itself must be checked. So, to have all the affected powers displaying the damage against a disintegrating target, both the Disintegrate power from Beam Rifle, and the disintegrating option in inherent powers must be turned on. This is more of a weird use case than a bug, as all the correct information appears to be there.

Also, EM Pulse in the Radiation Emissions set will show the recovery debuff applied to the character if an enemy-affecting proc is placed in the power, such as the disorient proc in Energy Manipulator and the various hold procs.

The blaster's Atomic Manipulation power Ionize is registering as 5.2 endurance/second, rather than 5.2 endurance for one activation/

Edited by Fingernailgun

Mid's shows Enervating Field from the Radiation Emissions set as using 1.04 end/s on all archetypes. It is actually 0.52 end/s on defenders, controllers, and corruptors, and 0.65 on masterminds.

edit: same story for Disruption Field in Sonic Resonance. Mid's says 1.04, but it's actually 0.52 end/s

Edited by Fingernailgun
  • 1 month later

Hi there.

Sorry for the delay folks, and i have updates for you.

Erroneous description for Savage Melee > Shred (Tankers)

--> Done

Adding the sixth Ascendancy of the Dominator enhancement changes power duration to 10.25s regardless of what other enhancements have been slotted.

--> Couldn't reproduce this one.

Controller / Trick Arrow / Disruption Arrow:
End Cost     Duration     -Res
In-Game     14.56     46.25s     -30%
Mids     18.2     45s     -40%

--> Done

The Mids window is not scaling to allow me to see or select from the Epic/Ancillary picklists.  I have run compatibility modes for Windows 7, 8, 10, and tested available screen resolution, scaling, and DPI options.
This scaling issue was not present on the same device while running issue 26 (apologies, don't remember the specifics).
Another user (zethriller) and I posted this bug on GitHub, but haven't heard back.

I think i reported this back already. Added a vertical scrollbar for pools in case your screen is not tall enough to fit them all.

The tier 7 power for Psionic Melee is Boggle.  The power set is available to tanks, scrappers, brutes, and stalkers.  The Mids database documents Boggle as having a duration of 2 seconds for its confuse (and likely, boggle -- a sustained Insight) effect.  My tank, though, just picked up Boggle.  The duration is actually 15 seconds unslotted.  I don't know what it is for the other archetypes, but I expect that a 2-second effect is too low for all of them.

--> FYI, 2 sec is PvP, 15 sec is PvE.

Note that the power offers a Mag 3 confuse, which is not enough for bosses.  However, the boggle/insight effect (increased damage) does affect bosses.  What I don't know is whether a confuse enhancement increases both confuse and boggle durations.  Probably not, but I can hope.

--> This is normal.

In Mids, the flame mastery epic pool for both defenders and corruptors shows char has having a 32 second recharge, when it is 16 seconds. In the same pool, Greater Fire Sword offers taunt enhancements in Mids, but not in game.

--> Done. Modifiers, recharge, values and even allowed enhancements were messed up.

Beam Rifle has different methods for showing the bonus damage for a target with the disintegrating effect. For corruptors, checking the Disintegrating button in the "inherent powers" section affects all the appropriate powers.
For defenders and blasters, however, the same button only affects the damage of Penetrating Ray. To modify the damage for the other Beam Rifle powers, the green button on the Disintegrate power itself must be checked. So, to have all the affected powers displaying the damage against a disintegrating target, both the Disintegrate power from Beam Rifle, and the disintegrating option in inherent powers must be turned on. This is more of a weird use case than a bug, as all the correct information appears to be there.

--> Not sure what to do with this one yet. Currently investigating.

[...] EM Pulse in the Radiation Emissions set will show the recovery debuff applied to the character if an enemy-affecting proc is placed in the power, such as the disorient proc in Energy Manipulator and the various hold procs.

--> Couldn't reproduce it. However values and most effect were off.

Mid's shows Enervating Field from the Radiation Emissions set as using 1.04 end/s on all archetypes. It is actually 0.52 end/s on defenders, controllers, and corruptors, and 0.65 on masterminds.
Same story for Disruption Field in Sonic Resonance. Mid's says 1.04, but it's actually 0.52 end/s

--> Done. "Easy" confusion because it ticks twice per second, therefore the end use you input had to be divided accordingly.

Cheers ! 😎

• 2 weeks later

I just did a clean uninstall and reinstall to make sure that I didn't have any old mids versions hanging around.     But I want to let you know that from what I can tell Mids will either not show any Defense in the Totals screen for the Masterminds Protector Bots Force Shield, or it will overstate it.    When I did my clean uninstall/resinstall the current version of mids doesn't show any change to totals on Defense when you click the green dot to turn on the Protector Bots shield.     I made a post on the Mastermind forum on how I fixed this for my clean install.      - Just to clarify the first post was when I was having, what I think was some old mids versions hanging around.  That I think was why the database editor was taking a long time to load.   But that is all resolved.  

Anyways the Protector Bots grants 7.5% to Defense to the Mastermind.  Mids is set to 10%.  However it seems that in the new version of mids, a line for each defense type needs to be added. 

• 3 weeks later

Hey Gang Not sure where to put this, But what is there no water power set listing in mids reborn? Am I overlooking it? an Yes I have the latest version :-), Thanks for any an all help.An if it's in the wrong place please move it thanks, 

3 hours ago, Ultraman II said:

Hey Gang Not sure where to put this, But what is there no water power set listing in mids reborn? Am I overlooking it? an Yes I have the latest version :-), Thanks for any an all help.An if it's in the wrong place please move it thanks, 

The only powerset I know of is Water Blast. Are you saying that's missing?

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

• 1 month later

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a database bug, but when using the Short Form respec helper for my DP/EM Blaster, it completely dropped Swap Ammo from the helper window:

1617828384_SwapAmmo.png.0fdbed49c306ab3abce92acf641777b1.png

As you can see, the level-24 power pick (where I picked Swap Ammo) is completely missing. I will have to look at other characters that have an unslottable power pick and see if the problem is related to that specific type of power.

Didn't see this mentioned, but I am able to get a 9% Accuracy bonus 6 times on a Invul/SJ tanker.

How I have it slotted:

4 LotG sets for  9% 

Artillery Set for 9%

Power Transfer for 9%

Here is the build:mids_build (7).mxd

EDit: I think Power Transfer is the problem, if you remove PT and then try to add another 9% somewhere else (I stuck another LotG set in) you will not get the 6th 9% bonus.

Note: This is a build of me just checking different options and should not be considered a recommended build for a Invul tank, provided to show problem

Edited by SuperPlyx