Prelude to the Coming Storm #31880

billha65

14 hours ago, Grindingsucks said:

This, I found inherently rude and do not view it as constructive criticism.  Your reply could have done without it, in my opinion.  Take that for what it's worth.

I wasn't trying to be snarky. The author had a very deep knowledge of CoH lore, which strongly suggests that he had played on the Live server, which means he is not an actual child. So, looking at the many grammar errors and the (in my opinion) childlike style of writing, made it seem likely that the author was Very Special.

Rest assured, when I'm being sarcastic, people know it. People in the next forum over know it.

9 hours ago, Kyksie said:

I wasn't trying to be snarky. The author had a very deep knowledge of CoH lore, which strongly suggests that he had played on the Live server, which means he is not an actual child. So, looking at the many grammar errors and the (in my opinion) childlike style of writing, made it seem likely that the author was Very Special.

Rest assured, when I'm being sarcastic, people know it. People in the next forum over know it.

No worries - the suggestions I have received are diamonds in the rough.

I am going to give the arc another pass through the edit process when a week has passed.

The comment earlier about Glawrra dialogue being repetitive has taken hold and needs some exposition as to what they are about.

My version of the Battalion has billions of them just waiting out there and I feel they should get a little more backstory so players can understand.

9 hours ago, Kyksie said:

The stilted dialogue comes as a consequence of the character limit of the Editor. It is rather hard to truncate a 450 character block of narrative text into a 300 limit block of text. In some ways I found the process, far more difficult than adapting Chaucer and writing pages of Iambic Pentameter.

I appreciate the feedback that was expressed, especially the fact that most enjoyed the experience- that gives me happiness points. 

Yes I was an old timer - joined CoH about 3 months after launch, on Victory server, played up to the last day. 

When the news hit that CoH had been revived, I was one of those who actually got in on the Bree server (before it's demise). Then HC launched and I am glad to be home again.