PSA: New Mids has been released

Bopper

I didnt have those problems at all, I could actually see all of the epic powers I chose, finally.  That may be a screen resolution issue or a window sizing issue.

Now, if only it would auto fill slots with my desired bonuses LOL!

I am not a math gal @Bopper so I have no idea about that end of it, but the aesthetics and layout all seem to work well for me.  I havent tried importing a build from /savebuild yet.  Is that still broken?

Edited by EmmySky

On 1/3/2021 at 11:02 AM, Omega Force said:

The new info window gets in the way of selecting tier 5 and up powers, and there's no way to scroll down to select an epic pool.

The inherent power section is wonky.  When I load up an old build with incarnate powers, they are listed below as normal, but on mouseover they're actually prestige sprints.

I have the same problem, and I cannot access any epic powers other than the first two.  I'm trying this at full screen.

Who run Bartertown?

On 1/3/2021 at 9:51 AM, Omega Force said:

Got this laptop new last month, scale is 100%, resolution is the recommended 1366x768.  There were no scale options in MIDS itself.

9 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I have the same problem, and I cannot access any epic powers other than the first two.  I'm trying this at full screen.

Fixed in next update

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

16 minutes ago, ScarRee said:

With this new look, Does it show Power Prestige skills like "slide" like the old version did?

No, we made a new button called Prestige Powers and moved all the extra sprints into there (similar to temp powers and accolades). You can select a sprint and it will show up in your build, but you won't be forced to see all 5 sprints if you don't want to

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Will there be a 32-bit release at some point?  I'm pretty sure that's the only way I was able to get it to run on Linux.  There was a 32-bit zip file before which I needed, as I couldn't get the installer to work.  I found a zip file on midsreborn.com but no 32-bit version.  For now it looks like I'm stuck with my old version.    I

1 minute ago, carroto said:

Will there be a 32-bit release at some point?  I'm pretty sure that's the only way I was able to get it to run on Linux.  There was a 32-bit zip file before which I needed, as I couldn't get the installer to work.  I found a zip file on midsreborn.com but no 32-bit version.  For now it looks like I'm stuck with my old version.    I

There won't be. We stopped supporting 32-bit with our last release (2.6.1.5? I forget the exact version number)

Just now, scottocamp said:

On Bio Armor the Defensive Adaptation button reads as Prestige Power Rush and cannot be engaged.  Sprint also reads as Prestige Power Slide and can't be engaged.  I appear to have loaded the update successfully.  Otherwise seems great!!

Go to your Prestige Powers button, click it to open its window, then deselect the prestige sprints. See if that helps

On 1/3/2021 at 9:13 AM, EmmySky said:

I am not a math gal @Bopper so I have no idea about that end of it, but the aesthetics and layout all seem to work well for me.  I havent tried importing a build from /savebuild yet.  Is that still broken?

Honestly, I don't recall where /savebuild is at with its bugs. I thought it was fixed, but I didn't work on that so I can't say for sure.

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2021 at 2:26 PM, WanderingAries said:

For someone who's not yet into "fine tuning the numbers", Will this allow itself to be installed into another location without interfering with the existing version that I have? Since you mentioned the "messes with old builds" that I'll need to sort out.

Probably best to ask in the Mid's official thread. I'm not tech savvy enough to know for sure how to download the new version without replacing the old version. It can be done, but I don't know the steps.

9 hours ago, Bopper said:

No, we made a new button called Prestige Powers and moved all the extra sprints into there (similar to temp powers and accolades). You can select a sprint and it will show up in your build, but you won't be forced to see all 5 sprints if you don't want to

Ahhh I never clicked on that button before. Thank you very much.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:13 AM, EmmySky said:

I can say I have used buildsave 3 times now with new Mids update and it worked perfectly.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

Thanks @Bopper!

Quick bug I noticed now that I just installed it... my Poison/Water defender is showing Momentum in the inherent power selection (I've deselected all Prestige powers and that didn't fix it)

Already fixed for next update

I just found a major bug (I'll post it wherever it needs to go).

When creating a build, slot levels change depending on where a power is slotted.  IE: I slot my a power at level 7, but because that power was taken at a lower level it shows as being slotted at level 3

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

16 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

When creating a build, slot levels change depending on where a power is slotted.  IE: I slot my a power at level 7, but because that power was taken at a lower level it shows as being slotted at level 3

I've found that one and others.

32 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

I think we already fixed that internally but it has not been released yet. I think that auto-arranging will go away soon.

I’ve noticed with this version of mids that the window that details the damage calculation of a power gets cut off if there are a lot of procs. It will usually display as follows for each damage type. 

dmg amount * ticks (type)

Before all of these displayed in small enough text that it still showed the total. However, upon update it starts to cut it off if there are several things going on in the damage calculation so I can’t see the total anymore. I’ve tried messing with text sizes in the options, but that didn’t fix it. Is there some other way to get the full calculation to show without it cutting off?

I’ll edit this with a screenshot once I’m able. 

Edited by Saikochoro

Looks good! Did a complete un/reinstall to ensure no file wonkiness.

Couple bugs that are bugging me:

First, Incarnate abilities don't seem to show up in the right places, and consequently display the wrong info. Highlighted below is Storm Elemental Core Superior Ally, and well...  I discovered that I can un-choose and re-choose that power, but all that happens is the builder pushes a different Incarnate ability into this space and it gets the same treatment. (FWIW the power hidden by the popup is an erroneous Momentum, which I see is slated to be resolved.)

image.png.f90e85ce69783d8ae15852d48f1e4e75.png

Second, I'm seeing display bugs in Defender > Nature Affinity. Many powers have the incorrect duration (and other stats) showing.

image.png.31d35220f3c5a2df7874219441c6ace6.pngDuration, Res # and Regen # all look  off. The #s on the Effects tab all look to be in line with what they should be.

image.png.3af4f51412b70c836526d31b84558b4c.pngDuration is off.

image.png.71e701d1a1f06eee27d38e1d9240d906.pngDuration, ToHit # and DamBuff # all look off. Again, the #s on the Effects tab look to be right.

I'm also seeing the "Duration: 10.25 s" line also appearing on Regrowth and Rebirth. I'm guessing that's the duration of the Bloom effect, which is separate from the duration of the power itself, and probably shouldn't be overriding it.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...