PSA: New Mids has been released

Bopper

Good news and bad news. 

Good news As above I tried a load from /buildsave and it worked perfectly. 

Bad news : Warshades and Peacebringers don't get their Nova or Dwarf powers shown in Mids. Even trying a new Peacebringer didn't make them show up when Nova was chosen. Or rather they're there but hidden (tool tips show up)

image.thumb.png.a701fbffa74e6b404450d128c7501853.png

1 hour ago, Carnifax said:

Good news and bad news. 

Good news As above I tried a load from /buildsave and it worked perfectly. 

Bad news : Warshades and Peacebringers don't get their Nova or Dwarf powers shown in Mids. Even trying a new Peacebringer didn't make them show up when Nova was chosen. Or rather they're there but hidden (tool tips show up)

image.thumb.png.a701fbffa74e6b404450d128c7501853.png

Might be a graphics issue. Have you tried resizing and/or changing your column layout?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 1/12/2021 at 11:53 PM, Bopper said:

FYI: The newest update of Mids has been released. V3.0.2.18 is available via "Check for Updates" from the new Mids (v3.0+) or you can install it from MidsReborn.com. The installed version will automatically be set up for V3.0.2.18, so no need to update after install.

Updated and now have a couple significant issues:

image.png.3f8af753717b937699a7fc514af2ea02.png

1. I no longer have a Mids shortcut in my Start menu (I used to be able to click Start and type "m" and the program would appear as an option. This is no longer the case. The only Mids folder on my Start menu is an uninstall prompt:

image.png.7382a14ed0f03c082df29f660a044311.png

2. I can't open forum builds from the "click this link to open the build", nor from a downloaded .mxd file. In both cases I get a prompt asking me to configure Mids Reborn:

image.png.c3d873f10cacdcf55c56892dd71397d7.png

Any suggestions on what might be going on?

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

37 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Updated and now have a couple significant issues:

image.png.3f8af753717b937699a7fc514af2ea02.png

1. I no longer have a Mids shortcut in my Start menu (I used to be able to click Start and type "m" and the program would appear as an option. This is no longer the case. The only Mids folder on my Start menu is an uninstall prompt:

image.png.7382a14ed0f03c082df29f660a044311.png

2. I can't open forum builds from the "click this link to open the build", nor from a downloaded .mxd file. In both cases I get a prompt asking me to configure Mids Reborn:

image.png.c3d873f10cacdcf55c56892dd71397d7.png

Any suggestions on what might be going on?

The reason for the brokennshortcut is because the name of the program changed. It is no longer Mids Reborn.exe, it is MidsReborn.exe (no space). You need to go into your directory of where Mids was installed and reset up your shortcuts with the right program

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

On 1/5/2021 at 1:05 AM, Bopper said:

Honestly, I don't recall where /savebuild is at with its bugs. I thought it was fixed, but I didn't work on that so I can't say for sure.

Is this saying I can save a build in game and transfer directly to Mids?  If so how?

2 minutes ago, Sakai said:

Is this saying I can save a build in game and transfer directly to Mids?  If so how?

@Zed can you provide details? I never used the function.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bopper said:

The reason for the brokennshortcut is because the name of the program changed. It is no longer Mids Reborn.exe, it is MidsReborn.exe (no space). You need to go into your directory of where Mids was installed and reset up your shortcuts with the right program

OK, figured out part of it anyway. I was able to reset the "use this program to open files" thing and got the link opening to work. Still don't have anything on my Start menu, but I just pulled a shortcut onto my task bar and that's working so...

Thanks for the help.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Great work everyone!  

The latest version fixed the slider issues for primaries and secondaries, but I still can only access the first two powers in ancillary/patron pools.  No slider shows up there.  I've tried changing column number but that only affects the right side of the interface.

Who run Bartertown?

2 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Great work everyone!  

The latest version fixed the slider issues for primaries and secondaries, but I still can only access the first two powers in ancillary/patron pools.  No slider shows up there.  I've tried changing column number but that only affects the right side of the interface.

@Zed

6 hours ago, Bopper said:

@Zed can you provide details? I never used the function.

Ingame you can use /buildsave (name will always be build.txt, i do not recommend using this one) or /buildsavefile <filename.txt> to export your current character's build into your game directory\<account name>\Builds directory.
This format can be read by Mids, In the file open dialog you can choose file type to either .mxd or .txt .
You'll find (little more) info here: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/List_of_Slash_Commands#B

Matter of window size maybe ?

MidsReborn_84P3s6Fuem.thumb.png.daa436967022572971d46ec72a0eb3f6.png

Edited by Zed
Answering another question. And I cooked screenshots <3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The buildsave command ? Underestimated HC stuff for sure - it has more potential than you think 🙂
I assume they added it, since i can't find any mention of it on paragonwiki archive.
(And we thank you for this fine addition ^^)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sakai said:

Thats so cool. How long has this been a thing? 🙂

It's been a feature for a while but Mids had issues with some IOs and would exit fatally when it hit them. So you'd end up with a tiny part of your build. 

Now it seems to handle things like LOTGs and the ATOs quite happily. Very impressive. 

• Thanks 1

Managed to get it running through wine on High Sierra, but the interface wouldn't load correctly:41435977_ScreenShot2021-01-15at7_42_36PM.thumb.png.8707587be3750b20d8f4415a2ce66bb5.png

And I got this msg when I tried to load a build:

644157788_ScreenShot2021-01-15at7_42_20PM.thumb.png.4906887196da7108abe9034cc0d0b650.png

Any ideas why @Zed?

For other mac users wanting to try, the only file that I could get to work was the MRB_Release_3.0.2.19.zip on the midsreborn.com website.

Edited by xl8

Pretty sure it's because Zlib is architecture-dependent, when everything else is marked as "Any CPU" so it'll adapt to whichever arch you're running it under.

Double check if you're using a 64-bit Wine profile.

53 minutes ago, Zed said:

Double check if you're using a 64-bit Wine profile.

This was on High Sierra, so likely not. I haven't found a stable working 64bit version of wine yet.

BTW, is MidsReborn exclusively 64bit?

For other Mac users, after much messing around with different ways of launching windows files on Macbook, including a failed attempt with Parallels, I finally have the latest version of midsreborn.exe running through VM Ware and a virtual version of Windows10. It takes up a minimum of 20gb of your memory, which can't be altered, but is so far running without issue. It's a sizable cost, but if like me, you spend as much time on Mids as playing the actual game, you'll do it just to avoid all the compatibility headaches.

Would still like to find a working wine option. If anyone knows of a stable 64bit wine option, plz LMK.

Well I absolutely LOVE the /savebuild thing. Makes life so much easier. 

Did notice that it does not reflect my Hamis being 53 as they only show up as 50. Not sure if I should mention this here or somewhere else. Isn't that big of a deal as I just delete them and put the proper one on. 

31 minutes ago, Sakai said:

Well I absolutely LOVE the /savebuild thing. Makes life so much easier. 

Did notice that it does not reflect my Hamis being 53 as they only show up as 50. Not sure if I should mention this here or somewhere else. Isn't that big of a deal as I just delete them and put the proper one on. 

Do you need to delete them? You might be able to right click it and hit the + 3 times. 

Newest update has been released: v3.0.3.1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1