PSA: New Mids has been released

Bopper

5 hours ago, Bopper said:

Newest update has been released: v3.0.3.1

I don't know what you guys have done to this thing, but every time you push an update I have to uninstall then reinstall with the new update. Every single time I run the in-program updater it throws some error that blocks it from updating. This time is said access to the /.zip file was denied and the only way to get out of the program was to kill it with Task Manager as it hung on "complete" indefinitely. Thankfully a clean install seems to work but I fear I'll have to do this every single time from now on and I don't know why.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

9 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I don't know what you guys have done to this thing, but every time you push an update I have to uninstall then reinstall with the new update. Every single time I run the in-program updater it throws some error that blocks it from updating. This time is said access to the /.zip file was denied and the only way to get out of the program was to kill it with Task Manager as it hung on "complete" indefinitely. Thankfully a clean install seems to work but I fear I'll have to do this every single time from now on and I don't know why.

What version were you on prior to this update?

Do you have screenshots of the bug, or any additional info about the error?

How did you go about updating? Did you check for updates? Which option did you pick?

What OS are you using?

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

39 minutes ago, Bopper said:

What version were you on prior to this update?

Do you have screenshots of the bug, or any additional info about the error?

How did you go about updating? Did you check for updates? Which option did you pick?

What OS are you using?

I was on the previously most recent version, whatever number that was. 3.0.2 or whatever.

I didn't take a screenshot but I put in the relevant information. It just says that access to /.zip is denied and the updater "circle" doesn't advance past Complete regardless of whether or not I close the error window. The updater never stops, does not restart the program, and the only way out is to End Process in the Task Manager. Not even a right-click/close from the active program bar would work.

I selected the Check for Updates option in the program. Interestingly the window that popped up saying there was an update was completely different from the one prior, as was the update progress indicator (which, again, never got past saying it was Complete).

Win7 Ultimate 64bit.

I'm going to point out as well that whenever I run the installer, the default location wants to send it to the AppData folder and I always choose a different installation path for it to a folder on my desktop instead. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I don't like stuff trying to put itself into AppData since I don't have that folder visible.

2 hours ago, Omega Force said:

Thanks! That fixed the resolution and epic power selections.  I found a different problem: Incarnate lore doesn't offer demon pets, it just jumps from Clockwork to IDF.

Known issue. They never were added to the database. It would take a lot of time adding each one, so we are skipping that for now

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

On 1/13/2021 at 6:17 AM, tidge said:

Check out this recent thread:

I would NOT go /Empathy. 

Empathy is much more than healing though. 

5 of the 9 powers are buffs to go on top of the ones from your primary.   If things turn south there are the heals to toss around as well.   You could even keep the rez to help a team member if it came down to it.  

23 minutes ago, Sakai said:

So here is a question 

If I miss an update somewhere along the way and I post a build will other players be able to download and modify it to make it that much more awesome or will there be compatability issues?

There should be no major compatibility issues. I can still open things from v2.x. At worse, some procs need to be unslotted and reslotted to work with the new proc toggle button. If anything, there might be more of an issue looking at a new build on an old Mids, than vice-versa

Edited by Bopper
  • Thanks 1

Version 3.0.4.6 has been released and is available via update from the app. If that does't work, you can always uninstall then reinstall.

This update will fix a recent bug where ATO procs were granting its enhancement (typically recharge reduction) as a buff. Also fixed the numbers for Corruptor Water Blast, added proc information to most of the Winter IOs, and got the absorb procs working on Entomb and Preventive Medicine (hopefully). Also some MidsBot updates...I dunno, read the patch notes, why am I telling you all this? 😛

14 hours ago, Bopper said:

If that does't work, you can always uninstall then reinstall.

Seems to be the only thing that works for me, unfortunately. But hey, I got a screenshot this time. The "ring" around Complete never stops circling and I have to kill the process to get out of everything. Just thought I'd give you a heads up, again, about this problem.

EDIT: If you were wondering why the update download notification is cut off, it's because it pops up like that on its own. For some reason it's never centered on the program, but I don't think that actually matters

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Edited by ForeverLaxx
additional information

54 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Seems to be the only thing that works for me, unfortunately. But hey, I got a screenshot this time. The "ring" around Complete never stops circling and I have to kill the process to get out of everything. Just thought I'd give you a heads up, again, about this problem.

EDIT: If you were wondering why the update download notification is cut off, it's because it pops up like that on its own. For some reason it's never centered on the program, but I don't think that actually matters

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Could the problem it be related to the directory the file is in?  I think that Desktop is one of the directories protected by default by Windows Defender.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

2 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

Could the problem it be related to the directory the file is in?  I think that Desktop is one of the directories protected by default by Windows Defender.

The old, now "discontinued" edition of Mids (version 2.something) never had a problem updating from the folder on my Desktop but I've considered this to be a potential culprit. Normally I wouldn't move it from the default location but it wants to put it into AppData for some reason and that annoyed me.

So I just hit the update button and now Mid's  no longer works. It popped up a error window, some code I didn't catch, then I got a "Update complete Mids will now restart" popup before I could even read the error popup.

Mid's closes after that and never restarts. I click desktop shortcut, am told it no longer works.

I looked in the folder and notice it no longer has an .exe file...there is a exe.bak...I don't know what all that means. A screenie incase it helps:

exbak.jpg.6362a6b1d68f312844ee1446a7d182a1.jpg

33 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

So I just hit the update button and now Mid's  no longer works. It popped up a error window, some code I didn't catch, then I got a "Update complete Mids will now restart" popup before I could even read the error popup.

Mid's closes after that and never restarts. I click desktop shortcut, am told it no longer works.

I looked in the folder and notice it no longer has an .exe file...there is a exe.bak...I don't know what all that means. A screenie incase it helps:

exbak.jpg.6362a6b1d68f312844ee1446a7d182a1.jpg

Just by looking at the screenshot you provided it appears something interfered with the update process. Please uninstall and reinstall using the latest installer. 

In the meantime, I will look into revamping the in-app update process to make it more streamlined and prevent things like this in the future.

Edited by crytilis
  • Thanks 1

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

On 1/4/2021 at 7:36 PM, carroto said:

Will there be a 32-bit release at some point?  I'm pretty sure that's the only way I was able to get it to run on Linux.  There was a 32-bit zip file before which I needed, as I couldn't get the installer to work.  I found a zip file on midsreborn.com but no 32-bit version.  For now it looks like I'm stuck with my old version.    I

You should be able to run the 64-bit version on Linux using a Wine 64 prefix.

15 hours ago, crytilis said:

You should be able to run the 64-bit version on Linux using a Wine 64 prefix.

This does work...sort of.  I'm seeing the exact same issues that @xl8 laid out here.  The powers and slots part of the interface is mashed over to the left so all the slots are overlapping each other, and attempting to open a build file gives me the same error:

Screenshot_20210127_003844.png.fa332f51eb21c9ddeddc40f2ab29e9f6.png

This is a new 64-bit wineprefix I just created for the purpose of running this version of Mids'.  It wouldn't run at all in a 32-bit prefix when I tried it before.  I thought maybe it was a problem with the file system being case-sensitive so I copied the file with all uppercase but it made no difference.

Edit: Oh yeah one other thing maybe worth mentioning...This actually worked with the first 3.0 release.  The display had the same issues, but I could open a build.  After updating to the latest I started seeing that error on opening a build.

Edited by carroto

Having fully embraced the Buildsavefile option I have a question.

I brought over a brute that is currently sitting at 29 and I noticed the IOs I have are set at lvl 50.  Is there a way to set it up  to show the actual lvl enhancement I have?

Looking at the stat differences it seemed "pretty minimal" but I was just curious.

4 minutes ago, Sakai said:

Having fully embraced the Buildsavefile option I have a question.

I brought over a brute that is currently sitting at 29 and I noticed the IOs I have are set at lvl 50.  Is there a way to set it up  to show the actual lvl enhancement I have?

Looking at the stat differences it seemed "pretty minimal" but I was just curious.

That would be a Feature Request. I recommend making that request on our GitHub: https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn/issues

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

No matter if I use the zip file or the installer, I get a

NullReferenceException

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at mrbBase.ConfigDataSpecial.Initialize(ISerialize serializer)

at Mids_Reborn.Forms.frmMain..ctor()

at Mids.Reborn.Program.Main()

when I try to launch it.

Search your local appdata folder for configsp and delete it. That will resolve this issue.

Come join us on Discord, for updated info.

• 2 weeks later

Any idea what's causing half the stuff in the bottom (rest, sprints, incarnates, etc) to all be blacked out?

(They're still there, I just can't see them).

image.png.ab99b3fb0f5db44c5c9cbdacf60994cb.png

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

6 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

Any idea what's causing half the stuff in the bottom (rest, sprints, incarnates, etc) to all be blacked out?

(They're still there, I just can't see them).

image.png.ab99b3fb0f5db44c5c9cbdacf60994cb.png

That seems to be a graphics rendering issue that we still haven't found a solution for. I recommend adjusting the column number layout and/or change the screensize of your Mids app to try to trigger the graphics to render. Once it does, you should be able to go back to your original settings and see everything.