Describe City of Heroes in a Sentence

Latex

I often get talking to friends who are looking out for the next MMORPG and I also often recommend City of Heroes. Most people haven't even heard of the game and I struggle to describe it in modern terms, people are quick to form an opinion so summarizing CoH into something bite-sized seems like a good idea.

Make your own character not just Heroes but catgirls and everything in-between, every mission is an 8 player raid, personal loot for everyone, some good min/max endgame, 48 player raids, lots of RP.

That's typically how I try to sum it up, how would you sum up the game in a sentence to someone that has never even heard of it?

• Like 1

COH is the most customizable game ever created and still outshines anything now out there, nothing comes close.

• Like 3
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

"Feel like a real superhero."

"It's your chance to design your very own really cool action figure and then play with it!"

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Hexquisite said:

From Mars

With a kitten or two on her shoulders.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

The best Superhero MMORPG ever created filled with an incredible diversity of customization on every level including costumes, powers, power special effects, base building, mission design, and more.

• Like 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

An MMOG with virtually unlimited customization, growth and gameplay options in a vast, completely free-form open world setting with very few thematic, setting or story restrictions.

An online world of unlimited freeform gameplay, with or without collaboration, and a truly exceptional community inside and outside of the game itself.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

5 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

An MMOG with virtually unlimited customization, growth and gameplay options in a vast, completely free-form open world setting with very few thematic, setting or story restrictions.

An online world of unlimited freeform gameplay, with or without collaboration, and a truly exceptional community inside and outside of the game itself.

Really like this one, sells the game perfectly. Not many games out there that you can describe like that.

• Like 1

Dang.  Was tracking so well . . . 

Lots of good suggestions in here otherwise!

But one sentence?  Hmm . . .
"City of Heroes is an MMORPG from 2004 which taught us that we could make our characters uniquely our own, and it's good enough that even seven sunset years wasn't enough to kill it."

• Like 1