Illusion Control foe heal bugged

SuggestorK

Hello,

just noticed this bug on a Police Band Mission against Arachnos Lvl 21 Talos:

im used to Spectral Wounds und Blind give enemies a bit of health back after some time.

But in this mission they did not only get health like instantly back, they also got health back from PhantomArmy Attacks, a Drone Controller Lieut healed so fast back that i nearly couldnt drop him if i hadnt the Sands of Mu and Nemesis Staff Powers. And the heal was the full amount of damage it did to them.. not part of damage how it should be.

Thats surely not working as intended nor hasnt benn that way in past time on live or homecoming.

Greetings

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

Could verify it, it happen only under this conditions.. Arachnos Robotic Lieuts (Drone Commanders and Spider Lieuts), and only if Phantom Army is active.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Wanting to get this straight before testing to see if it does it to me.

- Attacked Drone Controller LT for (making up numbers, not really the important part) 10 dmg +10 spectral damage.

- Normally, Drone Controller would take 10 damage and keep it, 10 spectral reverts back after time. Instead, it got 20 back immediately.

- Phantom Army attacks also healed back immediately.

- Specifically affects Arachnos robotic *Lieutenants* (Drone commander, LT rank spider folks.)

Even level? Anything slotted?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

OK, brief testing -

Illusion controller, went to the "back 40" of Faultline and the Arachnos base there. Found a patrol of Arachnobots. Picked a LT Arachnobot Blaster:

Spectral Wounds is slotted.

[14:51] You hit Arachnobot Blaster with your Spectral Wounds for 39.5 points of Psionic damage.   (Attack made.)

(about 10 second delay)
[14:51] You hit Arachnobot Blaster with your Spectral Wounds for 15.78 points of Special damage.   (Illusory damage healed back.)

And just natural regen did bring back much of the rest of the health in between. (I didn't do multiple attacks in between since I wanted to watch for this.) Since it is slotted, it'll do more damage than heals back when the spectral damage disappears (showing under "healing delivered," if you're monitoring it.)

PA, of course, doesn't show up under this, so it has to be a matter of watching.

Arachnos Drone Coordnator (LT) finally showed up -

[14:57] You hit Arachnos Drone Coordinator with your Spectral Wounds for 46.62 points of Psionic damage.
[14:57] You Hold Arachnos Drone Coordinator with your Blind.
[14:57] You hit Arachnos Drone Coordinator with your Blind for 25.47 points of Psionic damage.
[14:57] You hit Arachnos Drone Coordinator with your Spectral Wounds for 46.62 points of Psionic damage.  (damage plus containment.)
[14:57] You hit Arachnos Drone Coordinator with your Spectral Wounds for 28.42 points of Psionic damage.  (damage without.)
[14:57] You hit Arachnos Drone Coordinator with your Spectral Wounds for 18.63 points of Special damage.  (Shows under healing, illusory dmg healing back later.)
[14:57] You hit Arachnos Drone Coordinator with your Spectral Wounds for 18.63 points of Special damage.  (ditto.)
[14:57] You create a Phantom Army of pure illusion!

There was a definite lag between damage done and spectral damage disappearing. (Sadly this just gives minutes, not seconds.) PA also managed to do damage and have it stick. Granted the coordinator was lower level than me (couldn't find an even level one) but it still took damage (and lost damage) the way I'd expect.

(Noting again, my powers are slotted, so they will do more damage than should heal back.)

In short - everything worked the way I would expect. Not sure what happened with you.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

They was 1 lvl below me cause i had the mish set to -1 and it was done in police band radios as mentioned. Since PA was pretty new.. i hadnt slotted damage enhancers in it.

But pretty much i did 3x damage to em and they got instantly 3 times green numbers back pretty much same amount instantly, may be from previous PA attack but still PA felt absolutely worthless.

Tried it with just Confuse Blind/Spectral Wounds and Sands of Mu/Nemmie staff on another lieut and had normal behaviour as u described too, so the flaw seems on Phantom Army.

As far i recall the damage of PA was previously not healed back after time.. this is new to me that may be a design change but it nerfs the best attack in Illusion set from very good to worthless at all (at least without damage slotting).

Greetings and thx for verifying.

Former Player on Server:

49 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

As far i recall the damage of PA was previously not healed back after time.. this is new to me that may be a design change but it nerfs the best attack in Illusion set from very good to worthless at all (at least without damage slotting).

As far as I know, Phantom Army damage has always healed back over time.  It's noted in the old Paragonwiki as working like Spectral Wounds.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

12 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

If you've played it before, you might be remembering a more fully slotted PA. It'll heal back the base damage (not enhanced,) and from what I was seeing it took about 10 seconds. If it's not slotted, between the enemy's natural regen and the lack of slotting, it will heal it fully back - but it should definitely not be right away.

Of course, you did say it *was* right away. I don't have an answer for that at all. Other than maybe what CVT mentioned, but I'd expect that to heal a different amount and still have some sort of lag, and/or not be consistent.

No Mu around so no other source for green numbers, as said could be the attack intervall of PA is enough so it heal right back the previous attack, but still same amount is a flaw considered how it works for Spectral Wounds. It should not be that u have to slot enhancers to get damage done at all.

Attack intervall 1 damage done no heal.

Attack intervall 2 damage done full heal back of Attack Intervall 1 damage= zero damage.

and so on until either PA runs out or u do damage from different source like Nemesis Staff and the target dies.

Edited by SuggestorK
typo

Former Player on Server:

Hmmm. I really wish we could monitor pet damage, since I think I just saw this. Not sure if a power analyzer would help.

Night Ward, first mission from Montague ("where even death may die," going to retrieve the tome.) Most things behaved as expected, but the "guardian spells" when you pick up the tome, I was seeing *multiple* +13 heals while my PA was attacking. I do *not* know if these were inherent to the "guardian spell," though - no listing for them on the wiki. LT rank. Other LT spells did not show this. (Since I've got PA slotted this wasn't as big a deal, I was doing damage just fine, but still.)

Very interesting.