[FIXED/Cannot Repro] Shield Defense: Phalanx Fighting and Grant Cover incorrectly flagged to ignore enhancements

1 hour ago, Replacement said:

ATs checked: Scrapper and Stalker.

Both Phalanx Fighting and Grant Cover accept Defense enhancements but provide no benefit to doing so.

I'm reasonably sure these worked pre-i27.

I don't think they've worked in PF for some time.  PF on Brutes, Scrappers and Tanker all say "Ignores buffs and enhancements".  For Grant Cover it can be misleading, as the component that helps you is Defense DeBuff Resistance and is unenhanceable (as is the Recharge Resistance).  The Defense it provides to others should be enhanceable, and I believe that was working before I27.  I haven't checked it since (though I do know it only affects teammates, not league-mates, so the 255 cap is pretty meaningless and a bit misleading as well.)  Did you check the effects of GC on teammates?

• Thanks 1

Yep.  I have a static group that is 3x shield scrappers + 1x shield stalker.  We are all in various states of enhancement, so we had a lot of sample configurations to try out.

* Grant Cover is not granting allies any increased defense.  A scrapper with no enhancements gives me the same amount of defense as I give him with my own having something like +34% enhanced.

* Phalanx Fighting is definitely not working as intended because it takes defense enhancements.  It providing no benefit doesn't make sense.

12 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Yep.  I have a static group that is 3x shield scrappers + 1x shield stalker.  We are all in various states of enhancement, so we had a lot of sample configurations to try out.

* Grant Cover is not granting allies any increased defense.  A scrapper with no enhancements gives me the same amount of defense as I give him with my own having something like +34% enhanced.

* Phalanx Fighting is definitely not working as intended because it takes defense enhancements.  It providing no benefit doesn't make sense.

I agree re PF, but I'm pretty sure it's been that way since I came back to HC (i24).

Phalanx Fighting has two components:

* One defense buff that always affects you; this one is not enhanceable

* One defense buff that scales based on number of allies nearby; this one is enhanceable (or should be)

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Yuro said:

Phalanx Fighting has two components:

* One defense buff that always affects you; this one is not enhanceable

* One defense buff that scales based on number of allies nearby; this one is enhanceable (or should be)

OK, I tested the following on Live:

1.  Tanker Grant Cover Def to others is enhanceable.
  2.  Tanker Phalanx Fighting secondary Def component is enhanceable.
  3.  Stalker Grant Cover Def to others is enhanceable.
Edited by csr
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later
  • Replacement changed the title to [FIXED/Cannot Repro] Shield Defense: Phalanx Fighting and Grant Cover incorrectly flagged to ignore enhancements