War Machine Badge Bug

Glacier Peak

Edit: Not a bug! Human error! Please ignore 😅

I was previously awarded the 'War Machine' Badge many months ago - I remember defeating the giant monster twice before in fact. This morning I logged in and noticed I was missing the badge (I am pretty nitpicky about my badge count, trying to get them all!). I figured it may have been a strange bug, so I went and defeated him for a third time and was not awarded the badge at all (screenshot below).

812871254_WarMachineBug.thumb.jpg.10c3b5079a50cf73380125372572681c.jpg

You will note that it doesn't appear in my badge list tab, on my most recent badge collected window, or on my chat tab window even after defeating the giant monster.

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

War Machine and War Torn use the same icon. Assuming that is War Torn on the top row of the defeat badges icons (to the left of the arrow), I see the same icon on the bottom row of the defeat badges icons, third from the left. Is that it? If not, try /settitle 2333 and see what is reported in chat. If you have the badge it should tell you that War Machine is selected as the new title.

Edit: Taking a closer look at the defeat icons in your screenshot, and comparing them to the list on Badger (which are/were in the correct in-game order as far as I am aware), it looks like they might have reordered some of the defeat badges to group all the GM kill badges together. Along with War Machine, it looks like Surging (for Deathsurge) and Hell Bane (for Caleb) were moved as well, based on the icons I see at the end of the third row and beginning of the fourth row of defeat badges.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
more info
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

War Machine and War Torn use the same icon. Assuming that is War Torn on the top row of the defeat badges icons (to the left of the arrow), I see the same icon on the bottom row of the defeat badges icons, third from the left. Is that it? If not, try /settitle 2333 and see what is reported in chat. If you have the badge it should tell you that War Machine is selected as the new title.

Edit: Taking a closer look at the defeat icons in your screenshot, and comparing them to the list on Badger (which are/were in the correct in-game order as far as I am aware), it looks like they might have reordered some of the defeat badges to group all the GM kill badges together. Along with War Machine, it looks like Surging (for Deathsurge) and Hell Bane (for Caleb) were moved as well, based on the icons I see at the end of the third row and beginning of the fourth row of defeat badges.

Ah! When the light bulb shines bright - thank you for the clarity @AboveTheChemist. Looks like it is indeed at the end of the defeats section! This looks like my own error then, as I could've sworn it used to follow Warn Torn in the order. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

13 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

This looks like my own error then, as I could've sworn it used to follow Warn Torn in the order. 

I honestly thought the same thing, but looking back at a screenshot from 14-Oct-2019 (attached) shows that it has been toward the bottom of defeats since at least then. It's certainly possible that War Machine and the other badges I mentioned have always been there, and that the order shown on Badger has been incorrect this whole time.

defeat_order.jpg.6dd95f571cee1f3be7bcf1f182f05e66.jpg

• Thanks 1