Patch Notes for January 5th, 2021

• Developer

General

• Winter is over in Atlas Park.
  • Fixed some issues with Tommy One-Eye's new costume and villain def.
  • Fixed a missing texture trick on the Kitchen base items.
  • Weapon Redraw should no longer cancel attack animations.
  • Fixed bugs with the following emotes that would allow them to interrupt attack animations:
    • LookUp
    • Shocked
    • Despair
    • LieDown
    • Fireworkrocket
    • Fireworksparkle

• Like 5

1 minute ago, klulka1 said:

By weapon redraw does that mean that the weapon won't disappear when you draw it?  Cause I've noticed whenever I play my thug mm the guns sometimes don't show when they are attacking.

I'm pretty sure the weapon redraw fix is related to the bug that allowed the canceling of normal power animations that play out, not the object redraws themselves. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• Developer

11 hours ago, The Curator said:

Fixed bugs with the following emotes that would allow them to interrupt attack animations:

• LookUp

Ah, so it was an animation exploit lol; This explains the people I had seen who seemed to have /e lookup macro'd to be constantly auto-firing on their character at all times. I just thought they were performing some high-concept nervous system twitch roleplaying idea. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

Winter is over in Atlas Park.

I'm wondering if there could be some way to keep the snow effect and frozen water going on in Atlas until say end February or whenever the spring event happens?

I understand getting rid of the presents and shutting down the winter holiday event, but ... yeah.... winter is still going on.

I know this would be a change, but having the seasonal visuals happen until the next seasonal would be cool in my book ... well, chilly in this case.

Fixed some issues with Tommy One-Eye's new costume and villain def.

Guess I have to go back to do some Striga missions.

I have an alt for that!

• Like 4

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

4 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm pretty sure the weapon redraw fix is related to the bug that allowed the canceling of normal power animations that play out, not the object redraws themselves. 

So would this mean that powers that are set to use "No Redraw" animations (or that have it by default, like /Plant Manipulation) will actually animate correctly when used when the weapon isn't drawn?

Because if so...OHHHHHH YEAH!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

So would this mean that powers that are set to use "No Redraw" animations (or that have it by default, like /Plant Manipulation) will actually animate correctly when used when the weapon isn't drawn?

Because if so...OHHHHHH YEAH!

It is more like, imagine using the emote /sit while activating a power, and instead of being rooted while the animation plays out, you can move about freely without the rooting because the emote was activated in its place.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Keovar said:

I liked the frozen pond in the Winter Forest for that, but unfortunately it did not return to Null the Gull's list.  I guess time travel is beyond him, and Ouroboros considers holidays to be too trivial.

You can still get there from the cave door under the Ski Chalet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

On 1/5/2021 at 8:11 AM, UltraAlt said:

I'm wondering if there could be some way to keep the snow effect and frozen water going on in Atlas until say end February or whenever the spring event happens?

I understand getting rid of the presents and shutting down the winter holiday event, but ... yeah.... winter is still going on.

I know this would be a change, but having the seasonal visuals happen until the next seasonal would be cool in my book ... well, chilly in this case.

Honestly I kinda wish we could just get at least one "permafrost" zone. (something with functional missions and badguys, not just winter village or ski slopes... though I do love those.

Maybe an Echo of Atlas in Winter?

3 hours ago, Starhammer said:

Honestly I kinda wish we could just get at least one "permafrost" zone. (something with functional missions and badguys, not just winter village or ski slopes... though I do love those.

Maybe an Echo of Atlas in Winter?

I've been dying for an Arctic zone for ages. Mostly so I can get the maps in the AE so I can make snowcovered missions.

• Like 3

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Just now, Keovar said:

Are there snow maps in AE? 

Not yet.

• Sad 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

9 minutes ago, mcdoogss said:

I’m still waiting on confirmation if the winter pack price is 10M permanently 

As far as I'm aware, auction house pricing changes are handled differently than patches and require manual changing. They were changed late at the start of the winter event, so it likely just hasn't been done yet.

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!