Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for a tri-form PB trying to hit the softcap in defense in any one damage type?  Or, as close as possible?  I just don't know how to get there and perhaps I am missing something...  Is it possible?  (Note, I am unable to post builds due to being on Mac).  Thanks for any help!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my WS to softcap fire on his alternate build. Able to fire farm +4/8 with ease. My main is 37 S/L. Both builds are Tri. The WInter IOs can get you to Fire Softcap easily, but costly.

Edited by Ohsirus
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Quindorrian said:

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for a tri-form PB trying to hit the softcap in defense in any one damage type?  Or, as close as possible?  I just don't know how to get there and perhaps I am missing something...  Is it possible?  (Note, I am unable to post builds due to being on Mac).  Thanks for any help!

 

It is possible, but it's generally not worth it. 32.5 s/l defense is easily achieved and covers the most basic dmg type while 1 small purple inspiration will softcap you from there.
PB should be sturdy enough and have enough soft control through knockdown/knockback to not really need added defense on top of their high resists and strong heals but it can be helpful while exemping below Light Form range.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Doomrider said:

It is possible, but it's generally not worth it. 32.5 s/l defense is easily achieved and covers the most basic dmg type while 1 small purple inspiration will softcap you from there.
PB should be sturdy enough and have enough soft control through knockdown/knockback to not really need added defense on top of their high resists and strong heals but it can be helpful while exemping below Light Form range.

Can you guys explain how its possible in a tri-form build without losing perma lightform?  Same with what the other fellow was suggesting with fire def.  Winter IO's will surely get you there, but Tri-form offers very little defense options and slotting Winter IO's takes away some of the other sets that give recharge benefits.  Can you suggest specific sets to get there and where to put them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quindorrian said:

Can you guys explain how its possible in a tri-form build without losing perma lightform?  Same with what the other fellow was suggesting with fire def.  Winter IO's will surely get you there, but Tri-form offers very little defense options and slotting Winter IO's takes away some of the other sets that give recharge benefits.  Can you suggest specific sets to get there and where to put them?

I have several builds up that achieve 32.5 s/l def, even on a budget. Many of the PB ones do have screen shots so that should be some help as I understand you're on a Mac and won't have mids.

 

 

Take a look. If you have any further questions, feel free to DM me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Doomrider said:

I have several builds up that achieve 32.5 s/l def, even on a budget. Many of the PB ones do have screen shots so that should be some help as I understand you're on a Mac and won't have mids.

 

 

Take a look. If you have any further questions, feel free to DM me.

Wow - this is amazing!  Thanks so much!  I am going to get working on this right away!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later

This is my build with perma-LF with 45 S/L in human form with toggles, with 34 S/L in Lobster/Squid

 

 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Elenore Morningstar: Level 50 Natural Peacebringer
Primary Power Set: Luminous Blast
Secondary Power Set: Luminous Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Glinting Eye -- SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg(A), SprEssTrn-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprEssTrn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprEssTrn-Rchg/Global Heal(7), SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 1: Incandescence -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 2: Shining Shield -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A)
Level 4: Essence Boost -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal(15)
Level 6: Bright Nova -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 8: Radiant Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(21), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(50)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 12: Inner Light -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 18: Incandescent Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 20: White Dwarf -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A)
Level 22: Reform Essence -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal(43), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(45), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(45)
Level 24: Conserve Energy -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Solar Flare -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg(36), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprKhlGrc-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprKhlGrc-Rchg/FormBuff(42)
Level 28: Quantum Acceleration -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Dawn Strike -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 35: Photon Seekers -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(42), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(45), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(46), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 38: Light Form -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-Max HP%(48)
Level 41: Restore Essence -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 44: Tough -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Thermal Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Cosmic Balance
Level 1: Energy Flight -- Frb-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 10: Combat Flight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 6: Bright Nova Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), Dmg-I(3)
Level 6: Bright Nova Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 6: Bright Nova Detonation -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(17), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(43)
Level 6: Bright Nova Scatter -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(21), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(27), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(27)
Level 20: White Dwarf Antagonize -- PrfZng-Taunt(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg(29), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(31), PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(31), PrfZng-Taunt/Rng(46), PrfZng-Dam%(48)
Level 20: White Dwarf Flare -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 20: White Dwarf Smite -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(29), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(33), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 20: White Dwarf Step -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 20: White Dwarf Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(17), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(19), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 20: White Dwarf Sublimation -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 50: Diamagnetic Partial Core Conversion
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
------------
------------

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is quite realistic, i bound num 3 to retoggle Cj, Weave and Manuevers, 3 taps and it's done. I do spend most of the time in human.  I also bound combat flight with toggle off dwarf/squid. During constant form shifts, double Mire has everything on their butts constantly. Realistically, 45 defense is not needed at all. But it was a luxury i aimed for. For PB, recharge is everything, not 45 def.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later

How necessary is defense to a PB?  I've seen some PB builds posted that had little to no defense built in.  Are they relying on the damage resistance from Light Form?  Is that enough for 4x8 content?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...