What the patch has changed for me

DougGraves

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

No, I have never used supergroup portals to even know where they are as I am not in a SG.  But I will find one and try that, thanks.

I suggest also buying the base transporter from the p2w vendor. It cost 1m and has a 10 min cooldown. Activating the power will then allow you to enter a base from passcode. I have found that this power is up pretty much any time that I would want to use it. 

• Like 2

Not to pile on, but as soon as they announced the change, I spent maybe 45 minutes and built a base with storage and transit portals.  I seriously did it over coffee on a Sunday morning.  No more emailing items to alts, and I can go wherever I want.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gourdhead said:

Not to pile on, but as soon as they announced the change, I spent maybe 45 minutes and built a base with storage and transit portals.

You don't even need to build your own.  Every shard has multiple 'transport bases' and you can look up their codes here on the forums in each shard section.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Don't even need a jetpack.  There's another explore in the upper floor of the monkey fight ring.  No travel necessary.

And a third in the middle of the hall leading to the AE facility over on the blue side of Pocket D.

4 hours ago, DougGraves said:

No, I have never used supergroup portals to even know where they are as I am not in a SG.  But I will find one and try that, thanks.

The first one you'd find is in AP between the legs of the statue NW of City Hall; it's on a raised plinth with a pool ringing the statue. The contact Peter Wong (the second in the old Science contacts string) is standing just east of the plinth with an exploration badge about five feet east of him.

In KR, it's on the raised area SE of Blue Steel. In Steel Canyon, it's on the south side of the big statue in the middle of the zone; Positron is standing on the N side of the statue. In Skyway, it's NW of the platform Synapse is standing on, in the park east of the north tram station. In Talos Island, it's in the patch of lawn behind Luminary just NE of the tram station. In IP, it's under the NW corner of the north tram station. In FF, it's in the courtyard at the north end of the zone, just west of the university and just north of the Midnighter Club (East of the bigger plaza with the fountain in the middle where you can find Numina and Infernal).

6 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Uh, you can make your own base, they're absolutely free. Then, you have telepads, storage and crafting, private.

9 hours ago, BelleSorciere said:

Remember when Founders' Falls didn't have a tram? Independence Port only had one tram? 

Everything is so accessible these days.

Somebody told me a horror story of dying in Faultline and having to run back from the Skyway hospital!

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, DougGraves said:

I have never used supergroup portals to even know where they are

The big glowing pillars of purple light that you see right next to you when you zone in after using the LRT.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

My one little issue with the SO drops at low levels is that you get a whole mix of origins instead of ones specific for your character. True, you have a lot more enhancements to sell and you can easily buy more on your own that way. But it's just a minor inconvenience when soloing in the 1-10 level range.

33 minutes ago, AgentEmu said:

My one little issue with the SO drops at low levels is that you get a whole mix of origins instead of ones specific for your character.

They aren't a mix. They are  based on the type of enemy that you arrest/defeat.

If you fight against the groups related to your origin, they will drop enhancements for your origin.

Clockwork aren't going to drop magic. (pretty sure they drop tech only. I think Vazh drop science.)

Circle of Thorns aren't going to drop tech. They drop only magic.

Salvage works the same way.

• Like 5

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

17 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Your definition of easily accessible is very different than my definition of easily accessible.

How about make a base with a teleporter to the Pocket D? (you can set up other teleporter options to go to hero side, villains side, and co-op zones.)

Once you make a supergroup, you can invite all your alts to it by using /altinvite They don't have to be on-line.

How about getting either of the badges in the Pocket D to unlock it as an option for the long range teleporter?

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

19 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Travel changes

• I cannot get to redside easily (or back).  I can't just go to Pocket D and switch.  So I have not joined the red teams I have seen.  I could make a redside character but don't bother. 

Uh.

Rogue or Vig. Port in with an oport. Problem solved. Rogues and vigs can hit red and blue zones from oro. You don't need to switch anything. Hit PD once, set to rogue or vig, profit. Switching aligns to blue or red when you are looking to just experience the content in a team is extremely counterproductive. Rogue or Vig. Problem shrinks to zero.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Apparition said:

This is not directed to you, specifically.  But this whole thread makes me sad and wonder exactly how much lasting damage was done to the game by letting the base macro exploit remain in the game as long as it was.

I do believe the devs mentioned they wouldn't let anything sit that long in the future if they could help it.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

14 hours ago, RikOz said:

Somebody told me a horror story of dying in Faultline and having to run back from the Skyway hospital!

Dying on one end of the Hollows, with no travel power but sprint, and having to run back from Atlas was ... at least more tedious.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

It was mentioned before in this thread, but I think it bears repeating that you can activate the Long Range Teleporter power and while the menu is up, instead of selecting a teleport location you can click the "Enter Base From Passcode" macro button you've used in the past and it will take you to the base. You can do this from anywhere, no need to be next to a base portal. I find myself doing this a lot of time since I don't have zone badges for a lot of my characters yet.

Edited by Hardship
changed for clarity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, srmalloy said:

And a third in the middle of the hall leading to the AE facility over on the blue side of Pocket D.

That one doesn't count.  That's the Thrill Seeker badge, which can be obtained in any AE building in Paragon or Rogue Isles.  It's not exclusive to Pocket D like Big Time or Trucker are.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

Dying on one end of the Hollows, with no travel power but sprint, and having to run back from Atlas was ... at least more tedious.

Ah yes, the good old days.  I remember taking Hover and Recall to get myself and my team across the Hollows - because there was no other travel option at that level.

• Like 5

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:06 AM, Hew said:

Uh.

Rogue or Vig. Port in with an oport. Problem solved. Rogues and vigs can hit red and blue zones from oro. You don't need to switch anything. Hit PD once, set to rogue or vig, profit. Switching aligns to blue or red when you are looking to just experience the content in a team is extremely counterproductive. Rogue or Vig. Problem shrinks to zero.

I was waiting for this specific answer. Seriously. The OP's 1 based on this and other responses was not an issue. lol

On 1/8/2021 at 6:48 PM, DougGraves said:

Does it provide the transport-base passcodes?  If so, than this will work for me.

On 1/8/2021 at 6:52 PM, DougGraves said:

Hang on, you're complaining about something and you do not even know the basics about it? Ugh, give me a freaking break. Do you even know you can use the Long Range Teleporter to get there in 2 clicks? And without the delay of the old Pocket D transporter? Probably could even set up a Macro for it. Don't bother answering, I'm done.

• Sad 1

On 1/9/2021 at 2:37 AM, RikOz said:

Heck, when I was little, I remember dying multiple times trying to just get from the Atlas Hospital to any mission in the outer reaches of the zone. 

On 1/8/2021 at 10:12 PM, srmalloy said:

Missed this - this is actually the AE badge (Thrill Seeker) that's in all AE buildings, and doesn't give the zone as a location to TP to (since it's not a "zone exploration badge."

Edited by Greycat

13 hours ago, VV said:

Hang on, you're complaining about something and you do not even know the basics about it? Ugh, give me a freaking break. Do you even know you can use the Long Range Teleporter to get there in 2 clicks? And without the delay of the old Pocket D transporter? Probably could even set up a Macro for it. Don't bother answering, I'm done.

Jeez!! Cut the guy some slack!  We are not all experts here.  Sometimes we don't know all the ins and outs of everything.  Especially all the new stuff from the last update.

Go ahead - be done.  Maybe he can get some help, or edification, instead of attitude.

As for Public Bases, check this out: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Supergroup_Base

There are several per shard, with passcodes.

Hopefully, this is helpful.

Edited by Rishidian
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rishidian said:

Jeez!! Cut the guy some slack!  We are not all experts here.  Sometimes we don't know all the ins and outs of everything.  Especially all the new stuff from the last update.

So, prior to the cheat, this (sg portal) wasn't how people generally got around. The cheat shifted people to using sg bases more than previously, so no, I would not expect a returning or new player to even think that is a "viable" option.

It is totally unfair to suggest that newly returning players roll with sg base mentality. I, for one, never ever ever had a sg, let alone used a sg base for portals, until I got here a few months ago. I had a million ways to get around, all of which were pretty easy but needed a little bit of planning for fastest travel possible. But with the advent of Tunnel portals, that was a moot point anyway! Moving away from sg portal back to "the old ways" was trivial for me. 😛 

I agree with Rish; let's give some slack! 🙂

Just to add to the chorus, I also remember taking Hover to get across the Hollows (before the Fitness Pool was inherent and there we no IO set bonuses to increase the speed either!). Come to think of it, I remember when I thought Hover was the only flight power in the game, and I would take that along with Air Superiority, Flurry, Jump Kick, and oh my so many usual power pool picks...

... back on to topic though, I believe the past few posters are right in assuming the OP was merely seeking a solution to a problem they were experiencing. What better place to get assistance than the forums! 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png