Tankers useless endgame?

Rinwen

On 1/11/2021 at 8:36 AM, Six-Six said:

just had a thought regarding the importance or necessity of a certain ATs or roles...

even if you mutated to a Rikti Monkey, you are still useful for a laugh or two. So nothing, NOTHING, and no one is utterly useless in this game. 😃

I will echo this thought. I am playing a blaster that only uses temp powers and has not leveled up, so still level 1 but running at security level 30 at the moment. Nothing is useless in this game.

I find my Tanker the most forgiving AT to play endgame content, since often when a mistake is made you end up in the hospital but with a well built Tank you can make a few mistakes and still be fine. I have run farms with him, and often those on my team that are low level like the extra protection my taunt provides for when they get the itch to join in and try to take a few mobs with their characters. 

Each AT often will encourage a certain style of game play that may be more efficient than another type, but most at the endgame can be played in many different ways that may be less efficient but still useful and fun.

3 hours ago, Ironblade said:

I can't agree here.  I think that calling any AT useless is such an extreme position that we can consider it WRONG and not merely a matter of opinion.

One could argue about which AT is the best at something.  One could argue about whether any AT is actually needed.  But to say that any AT is literally useless, i.e. adding zero value, is right out.

heh, as I stated, "Opinions vary". I said they could make the argument. I didn't say they would win that argument.