Monitor Duty and Rapid Response TP powers

Shenanigunner

(Carried over from the TP guide topic, where they might not get seen or answered.)

In messing around to figure out the TP power structure, I ass/u/med that Monitor Duty and Rapid Response Member went more or less hand-in-hand, granted and then recharged by the same process of hanging out around base portals. I then found that the Monitor Duty badge, which brings the Monitor Duty TP power, is acquired by keeping a base portal company, but that RRM is an accolade granted for Monitor Duty + Patroller. In other words, dead easy to get.

But now I have at least two toons with Patroller + Monitor Duty = Rapid Response Member that do NOT have the RR TP power. So when is this power granted, and for what actions/accomplishments? All the wiki and patch notes I can find assume accolade = power, but that's definitely not the case.

Ideas?

And while we're at it, when is the Fast Travel icon/menu granted? No wiki/patch info here and again, some of my alts have it and others don't.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 1/14/2021 at 8:03 PM, Shenanigunner said:

But now I have at least two toons with Patroller + Monitor Duty = Rapid Response Member that do NOT have the RR TP power. So when is this power granted, and for what actions/accomplishments? All the wiki and patch notes I can find assume accolade = power, but that's definitely not the case.

Well, technically, you probably do have it but with zero charges so it's like it's not there.

As Voltor noted, first you have to get the RRM accolade, THEN you can start accumulating charges on it.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Okay, I'm back in the Confused column.

New alt, just hit 24. Has been parked near a base portal almost every single logoff. Got the Monitor Duty power. Got the Monitor badge (duh) and then Passport. It's been quite a few days/logoffs/hours... and still no RRM power. (And no, I don't mean have the power, haven't earned any uses — I get that distinction.)

Does anyone have a specific idea on when RRM drops, AFTER you have the badges and WHILE you're spending every idle minute standing next to a big blue glowie tower?

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

You don't specifically mention if you have the Patroller badge on the new alt.  It's certainly possible to reach that level without Patroller as I was on one of my tanks the other day who did not have the badge yet at level 27.  (Just logged in to check - level 27 and only 90% progress on Patroller.)

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.  My characters have always gotten the Rapid Response Member badge at the same time the second Day Job badge (Patroller or Monitor Duty) is awarded.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

That was it. as I found this afternoon while carefully checking my badge list. I don't think I've ever had an alt fail to get Patroller by about 12-15. However, I haven't let this alt "patrol" offline much, so I'm only at 25% at 25. Sigh.

Thanks for the confirmation.