Epic for Bot/Rad?

pblue

I have a bot/rad character for casual solo. I'm in Epic range and I am wonder which Epic to go for. Specifically, I am curious about:

1. When using bodyguard mode, is it better to focus on resistance or defence on the mastermind?

2. Does Power Boost work with the Rad debuffs (Radiation Infection,Lingering Radiatio, Enervating Field) or does it last just a few seconds?

22 hours ago, pblue said:

I have a bot/rad character for casual solo. I'm in Epic range and I am wonder which Epic to go for. Specifically, I am curious about:

1. When using bodyguard mode, is it better to focus on resistance or defence on the mastermind?

2. Does Power Boost work with the Rad debuffs (Radiation Infection,Lingering Radiatio, Enervating Field) or does it last just a few seconds?

1: Defense, because being missed also helps you avoid debuffs and mezzes. You don't have to worry about being 1-shot in any case due to Bodyguard mode, so the main disadvantage of Defense-based builds (burst damage and cascading defense failure) isn't as bad since you have a big damage reduction to fall back upon.

2: Yes, it does. For the toggles, only for the duration of Power Boost, but for Lingering Radiation's Slow effect, it will last for the full duration. I think it only affects the Slow, not -Recharge or -Regeneration, though. And I don't think it does anything for Enervating Field (or does it increase -Damage? Definitely not -Resist).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Coyote said:

1: Defense, because being missed also helps you avoid debuffs and mezzes. You don't have to worry about being 1-shot in any case due to Bodyguard mode, so the main disadvantage of Defense-based builds (burst damage and cascading defense failure) isn't as bad since you have a big damage reduction to fall back upon.

2: Yes, it does. For the toggles, only for the duration of Power Boost, but for Lingering Radiation's Slow effect, it will last for the full duration. I think it only affects the Slow, not -Recharge or -Regeneration, though. And I don't think it does anything for Enervating Field (or does it increase -Damage? Definitely not -Resist).

Thanks, that makes sense. Does S/L Defence Cap really help vs status effects ( I guess the Energy part of Scorpion shield does).

3 hours ago, pblue said:

Thanks, that makes sense. Does S/L Defence Cap really help vs status effects ( I guess the Energy part of Scorpion shield does).

Not directly against status effects, but if the attack misses, then you don't suffer the status effects. A lot of status attacks, ESPECIALLY melee-range Stun attacks, contain a Smashing attack (less often Lethal, that's usually a Defense debuff). Ranged Holds like Earth, Ice, etc, may have a Smashing component, but a lot of ranged Holds will be Psy in nature and bypass it. But it will still help against a lot of attacks that do debuffs and status. I don't know if I'd say half of them, but it's still a major benefit.

• Like 1