What should the aggro cap on Homecoming be?

oedipus_tex

1 hour ago, arcaneholocaust said:

People acting like an AT’s usefulness to a team is a relevant metric anymore is a bit questionable. 99% of the game is very easy with any combination of 8 players already.

To be fair that was true on live as well even without incarnates and super IO builds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arcaneholocaust said:

People acting like an AT’s usefulness to a team is a relevant metric anymore is a bit questionable. 99% of the game is very easy with any combination of 8 players already.

That's kind of the thing.  Increasing the Aggro cap just makes this worse. 

5 hours ago, Coyote said:

Me too. But I really like that Fold Space idea. Bring them all, and split the aggro 8-ways. Then the squishies use combat rezzes, and repeat.

Hehehe, don't forget Fallout, Vengeance then Howling Howling Twilight.  And while we're at it each team member needs to stealth to a mob, aggro it then Teleport/move to the 9th mob and obliterate anything still standing.

5 hours ago, TheZag said:

Let me start out by saying I tank alot and Im pretty happy with the agro cap where it is.

I also have 2 thoughts that are kinda in opposition to each other but i think apply to this kind of discussion.

'If it aint broke, dont fix it'

'You wont find something better if you never try anything new'

There is a test server and it doesnt always have to be for testing features that are intended to be released.  I would be happy to test things like agro cap stays at 17 but newly taunted mobs dont cause current mobs to peel off for 5 seconds.  Or the cap is 25 but a second group will agro from farther away and taunt/gauntlet have shorter durations.  I would also be happy to test having trash mobs with higher health so there is actually something to tank after the first 10 seconds of a pull.  

Changing the agro cap would be a big deal and to just plop in a new number without a rework of other agro and agro management mechanics would be unlikely.

And once again, im happy how it is now.  But i would be happy to *test* different configurations on the *test* server.

This!

Though I suspect that's exactly what the Devs do on their "in-house" servers, i.e. experiment with changes.  Stuff that they deem worthy then heads to our test servers. 

I'm also irritated by the idea that somehow my "squishy" is in dire need of protection if even a single critter isn't cemented to the Tank, Brute or even Scrapper.  Wasn't true on SOs and sure as hell isn't true these days.  I have a wide arrangement of options to make them regret the decision.  And if I misjudge stuff then so be it.  Debt will likely be gone by missions end if not before. 

Edited by Doomguide2005
Clarity
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

This!

Though I suspect that's exactly what the Devs do on their "in-house" servers, i.e. experiment with changes.  Stuff that they deem worthy then heads to our test servers. 

I'm also irritated by the idea that somehow my "squishy" is in dire need of protection if even a single critter isn't cemented to the Tank, Brute or even Scrapper.  Wasn't true on SOs and sure as hell isn't true these days.  I have a wide arrangement of options to make them regret the decision.  And if I misjudge stuff then so be it.  Debt will likely be gone by missions end if not before. 

I remember when debt was a real thing.  A very real discouraging thing.  Especially in the 30s doldrums.  Oh, those days.