Alts - getting to pages of characters and getting LRTP zones

DougGraves

First, I can't believe I never knew that on the character selection pages the dots between the arrows let you  jump directly to a page of characters instead of arrowing through page by page.

Second, as I am going through adding zones to my alts, using the Find Contact to teleport to a contact in a zone is really handy for this. 

I grab the badge near the train in KR, then go to South  Sky and get the badge by Faultline, go into Faultline and get the doughnut badge - then I can tp to Wincott in Hollows to get a badge there, then tp to Montague in Steel to get a badge there.  Makes getting the badges and unlocking the zones much faster.

• Thanks 2

I've pretty much had the habit of "when in zone, grab the explores" before this anyway. 5 merits per zone builds up. If you're not a villain. 🙂

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

You don't need them.  Instead use a macro for a base with portals.  When you hit the LRTP or any base transporter power that pops up a window, hit the macro.  You can do the same when you're near a base portal.

It'll consume the power and send you into the base.

Once in, use the base TP to get to the zone you want.

Regards,

Dave

6 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

You don't need them.  Instead use a macro for a base with portals.  When you hit the LRTP or any base transporter power that pops up a window, hit the macro.  You can do the same when you're near a base portal.

Regards,

Dave

Or, grab the badge, get the zone on your LRTP list, and do it in one trip instead of two. Given even some of the people I play with have slower systems and/or connections, that can add up to a *lot* of saved time if they don't have to zone into a base first, run over, find the portal, and load another zone.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Or, grab the badge, get the zone on your LRTP list, and do it in one trip instead of two. Given even some of the people I play with have slower systems and/or connections, that can add up to a *lot* of saved time if they don't have to zone into a base first, run over, find the portal, and load another zone.

Sure.  I'm just sharing a perspective from someone with close to 70 toons.  I don’t have potato internet and my computer from 2012 runs the game really well.

I was sharing the tip because some might not be aware.  It's an alternative option.

Regards,

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

This is definitely the answer for those who don't want to tediously unlock zones for the LRTP, or at least do it as time and chance permit.

There are, after all, four base portal powers that can be used in rotation with no more than a couple of minutes' total cooldown. Pop a portal (self or shared), click your base macro button. Done.

If you don't have a base with full transport and features, it takes an hour to build one, and there are dozens with free entry.

Me... I kinda like snagging the 'porter beacons. 🙂

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

Combine them.  Use the base to get to the zone the first time and then grab a badge there so LRTP will work next time.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Greycat said:

I've pretty much had the habit of "when in zone, grab the explores" before this anyway. 5 merits per zone builds up. If you're not a villain. 🙂

All the zone badges and plaques take 5 minutes or less, except for IP, Talos and the Shard zones. That's using ninja/beast run and fly.

Also don't forget...once you have the LRTP unlocked, you only need one explore badge in any other zone to unlock that zone for the LRTP.  On all my alts, I get all the explores in the Atlas to unlock the LRTP, then as I'm doing missions or whatever, grab an explore on the way for whatever zone I happen to be in.

23 minutes ago, Nefertari said:

Also don't forget...once you have the LRTP unlocked, you only need one explore badge in any other zone to unlock that zone for the LRTP.  On all my alts, I get all the explores in the Atlas to unlock the LRTP, then as I'm doing missions or whatever, grab an explore on the way for whatever zone I happen to be in.

This (again).

Badge-hunting is a great way to... do something else. When you're waiting for a team, or tired of running missions, and just want to explore and play the super-jump mini-game. Sort of like antique collecting, it gives a little purpose to your travels. 🙂

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 1/17/2021 at 2:49 PM, fitzsimmons said:

You don't need them. 

You may not need them, but the Badgers amongst us most certainly do 😄

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.