How to place items on furniture?

Infinitum

You can also place an item on the floor next to the table/counter etc, then click on it, hit shift, and raise it to the height of the table/counter etc.

Then click on it, hit CNTL, and carefully slide it around at table/counter height, then click on the item to release it in the right place.

You can also place an item on the floor next to the table/counter etc, then click on it, hit shift, and raise it to the height of the table/counter etc.

Then click on it, hit CNTL, and carefully slide it around at table/counter height, then click on the item to release it in the right place.

Yah, that's the way I used to do it all the time.  It takes strong fingers to hold those items until they are in just the right spot, lol.

Now I kinda use a combination of "surface" (F5) to place, then shift or control to nudge.

I've discovered, though, that sometimes I need to reset the item to "floor" in order to nudge it in the right direction (once on the surface, it should stay at that height).  IF the item pops to the floor... DO NOT LET GO.. just keep holding it, and hit escape.