Costume bit: long sock

Greycat

So, here's one that should be doable as a "boot," since we already have tall boots:

Long socks. There's probably some other "real" name for them I'm not aware of. But there's been numerous times I've wanted a character to have a foot-to-thigh sock.

This could also be a secondary option for - for instance - fishnets, which in the game now either need to have the bottom covered by a boot, covered by a *specific* one to continue, or just cut off mid-calf. (Or it could just be a pattern for the "sock" as a whole.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

11 hours ago, Player2 said:

I believe the term you're looking for might be called stockings, not long socks.

Probably. The word refused to come to mind.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

If the stockings can come in different patterns that would be swell. Striped (both directions, different thickness of stripes), perhaps other patterns too like stars, hearts, other shapes. 

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

11 minutes ago, Take One said:

If the stockings can come in different patterns that would be swell. Striped (both directions, different thickness of stripes), perhaps other patterns too like stars, hearts, other shapes. 

Striped is actually what prompted this. 🙂

• Retired Developer

These were already on my TODO list, but just so you're aware, costume parts that show any tintable skin can only have 1 tintable color and can't accept sub-patterns. You can however, mix the intensity of the tintable color and/or have non-tintable colors to work with. Most often, these would be black and white, which tends to lend itself well for certain types of costume options.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Socks with one color we can pick, and black or white stripes (please let us have both options, not at the same time obviously) would work. Oh and also solid color socks, of course.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

6 hours ago, Naomi said:

These were already on my TODO list, but just so you're aware, costume parts that show any tintable skin can only have 1 tintable color and can't accept sub-patterns. You can however, mix the intensity of the tintable color and/or have non-tintable colors to work with. Most often, these would be black and white, which tends to lend itself well for certain types of costume options.

I think that's part of why I was thinking of them as a "boot" option, since (as I recall) the generic thigh-length boot can have a color and a pattern on that color. Though, that might also look a little odd.

Predone-pattern as an option would also work with some ideas (thinking of it similarly to the one.. gunslinger, I think... corset, for instance.)

16 hours ago, Naomi said:

If nothinng else, its nice to get some insight on how these costume pieces work under the hood.  Thanks for this.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 2:32 PM, Player2 said:

So something like the Disco option for Bottoms with skin?  But maybe a little lower down?

image.thumb.png.f8bbe91da0e66836f4762fe98e7033de.png

I want this, but with the bikini option that matches up with tight shirts, instead of the shorts look 🙂

• Like 2

• Retired Developer
6 hours ago, BrandX said:

I want this, but with the bikini option that matches up with tight shirts, instead of the shorts look 🙂

If I do end up doing the stockings, I'll try and see about including that. I just did some testing with it and it's a pretty versatile alternative to Bikini 2.

• Like 1