Why not just roll a scrapper or tanker?

BLVD

2 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

When HC first released The Snap, I was firmly in the camp that there was no reason to ever play a Tanker if a Brute exists.

The following are the numbers of each melee AT that I posses both Pre and Post-Page 4:

Tanker:  Pre-1 (only to run at Tanker Tuesday), Post-9 (including a Fiery Melee retired until that set gets an update)

Brute: Pre-9, Post-6 (including an Elec/Shield retiree and two converted into Tankers).

Stalker: Pre-2, Post-4

Scrapper: Pre-2, Post-2 (including a Dark/Dark that was my very first character and never made it to 50 before HC and a Katana/WP for my Willpower complete set).

It looks like it’s “why roll a Scrapper” my side of the spectrum.😁

Geez, I feel like I'm looking at a mirror of my soul.  I too also have an appreciation of Rhona Mitra. 

OK.  Shot out of a cannon, Step Brothers style: Oprah, Barbara Walters, your wife... No I can't finish that, but I'd suspect... Did we just become best friends?

Are we still talking about this?  Why roll a Brute rather than a Tanker? It does more damage (especially ST) for a slight sacrifice in survivability. Why roll a Brute rather than a Scrapper.  It has more survivability, for a slight sacrifice in damage output.  On, and some like the Fury mechanic better than either the Tank or Scrapper mechanic.  Some like the name better.  Should i go on?  are we done?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, oldskool said:

Did we just become best friends?

Well, if you ever run a Rad without the debuff toggles (or mention “send a tell” while gathering a team in LFG and then not answer said tell😡), that is highly likely to induce a negative response.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

17 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Are we still talking about this?  Why roll a Brute rather than a Tanker? It does more damage (especially ST) for a slight sacrifice in survivability. Why roll a Brute rather than a Scrapper.  It has more survivability, for a slight sacrifice in damage output.  On, and some like the Fury mechanic better than either the Tank or Scrapper mechanic.  Some like the name better.  Should i go on?  are we done?

Agreed. If you like the play style of either a Tanker, Brute or Scrapper, then make the said choice.

The defense rests.

• Like 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

1 hour ago, Myrmidon said:

Well, if you ever run a Rad without the debuff toggles (or mention “send a tell” while gathering a team in LFG and then not answer said tell😡), that is highly likely to induce a negative response.

Well if I don't run my toggles with Rad how are my Phantom Army minions going to get their damage buffs?  I mean, I guess you can take advantage of that too.  We're friends now, but you're not in my Phantom Army.  Which is OK.  I don't hold that against people.  I hear non-Phantoms like Accelerate Metabolism.  I like Accelerate Metabolism.  

I try not to make groups because I hate fast scrolling text and missing tells.  I hate missing tells when I am distracted doing other things.  So I just mostly hang out with the Phantom Army or other pets on whatever pet class I am playing.  If I am not playing a pet class then I just try to make new friends by running into large spawns.  This has not worked out so well yet.  I don't know why.  

Still, if I played a Brute there would be a role there for making new friends.  One my Brutes is really good at making new friends and does so with a lot efficiency.  Large groups of various NPC love to meet her.  Same with Tankers.  Both of them are good at making friends (this is me trying to put this train back on course). 

Edited by oldskool
  • Haha 2

On 2/18/2021 at 4:02 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

To be honest, most of the posts I'm seeing in this thread point to the tank's extra mitigation as superfluous across the board and even the damage buff they received was meaningless, since brutes can survive anything and still dish out more damage. I mean hell, I do have to self-gimp with enemies buffed and player debuffed and no insps to make the ITF challenging at this point, so there must be something to it.

It's almost like the tank buffs really were unnecessary and unwarranted and brutes should have been nerfed into the dirt.

Give in to the jaded side.

Its over.

Until someone comes up with a server with completely reworked game mechanics, it literally doesn't matter at this point. 

• Like 1

Oh I also just found that Stone Melee is a reason to roll a Brute.
*click* *dead*
*click* *dead*
*click* *dead*
*cl-* *DEAD*
Wow, is there anything I can click that doesn't ju-*DEAD*-st....kill....something.....
...I guess n-*DEAD* GOD DAMN IT.

• Like 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

21 hours ago, SaintD said:

*click* *dead*
*click* *dead*
*click* *dead*
*cl-* *DEAD*
Wow, is there anything I can click that doesn't ju-*DEAD*-st....kill....something.....

absolutely. I had a stone/bio brute on test server that had my fastest pylon time.. it just hit like a truck. i'll build a tanker version of it and see how they compare. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 5:53 PM, SaintD said:

*click* *dead*
*click* *dead*
*click* *dead*
*cl-* *DEAD*

Hmm, I think I'll reroll my Shield/Stone Tank into a Brute.