Disappearing weapons and other oddities

Snarky

One of the major <full stop> holdups to me running some power sets are the animations.  Stone Armor.  I was so happy on live running a SS/Stone Brute.  Until Granite.  So....my concept and character just got generic'd.  Sigh.  Never ran it again.

I have this issue with Fire Melee and Ice melee as well.  The sword.  Its here.  Its gone.  Makes no sense.  If you have an ice sword, why would you punch someone?  Anybody?  Just throw out a guess...

I have some wonderful ice and fire concepts that I tend to run on squishies.  I would try these on Brutes.  would love to.  But the swords....no, just...no.

I am not a big MM player, but I have similar problems with the pets.  I could full on make a Dark/Necro MM.  Zombies all day long.  Where the heck did the sword wielders come from?  Do we have a crusader graveyard in the Rogue Isles I missed?  Or maybe we are just digging up Cos-Players?  I could almost deal with the lich.  But the sword thugs.  Nope.

Just had to rant as I got sidetracked over 3 projects in a row over costume/animation issues.

I don't suppose there are some generic animations on the way for anything?  Or ...ooooh...a pure zombie necro MM?

11 hours ago, Sakai said:

I felt the same way about the swords for a LONG time. While it is on my wish list to have a flaming fiat animation I have made my peace with it and enjoy the one I have. 

Or you could do what I did with my Rad/Katana Brute and use the 'Fire and Ice - Elemental' weapon customization, colored appropriately to make a 'radiation blade'. For an ice blade, the 'Fire and Ice' weapon customization, again colored appropriately. And then your entire powerset -- Broadsword, Katana, or Dual Blades -- uses the weapon you picked.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Like 1