Best AT/sets for Hamidon Mending Mito team?

SuperPlyx

Hey guys, So I was wondering what ya'll think would be the most useful AT and powersets for a Hamidon Raids Mending Mito team ? i.e. the hold team a/k/a the green mito team

I mainly play the raids on Torch ( Hi Morna! )  and this is the team that I think could always use an extra useful toon. So what do you think would be the most useful for this?

Also not a big Hami raider but a Dominator in Domination is the easy answer.  

Doms can credibly perform any role except tanking on a raid, but mezzing greens is what they do best.

As to what powersets, whatever you want.  Some secondaries have a power boost (ice and energy for example) so maybe one of those.

• Thanks 1

I dont have the numbers in front of me but i think it takes 36 mag hold or 50 mag stun to drop the protection on a green mito.  League buffed, your recharge from 2 holds should be pretty close to the animation times so you can alternate between the 2.  A dominator in domination mode with control hybrid would be the most magnitude hold you can stack with one character.  

Theres ways to speed up the green mitos a bit more but i found out ingame that raid changes are fairly heavily resisted so ill let someone else offer up that information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

Another thing I was wondering  , does Immobilize powers work on the Mending Mitos like a Hold power? 

Nope.

You need to stack enough of a 'don't use any powers' mez on the greens to stop them, well, using any powers.  They're already immobile, so immobilising them *more* isn't going to do anything.

And since the only 'Don't use any powers' mez common to all control sets is a single target hold, and there's an almost absurd amount of mez protection to get through, Holds it is.

At least that's my understanding of it.

:edit: I mean, you can stack ST Immobilises on them in between holds to get some damage rolling if you want, but so far as the primary function of stopping hte damn things from healing/regenerating, the immobilises, they do nothing.

Edited by Li_Sensei
  • Thanks 1

My first thought on this was Dominators as well. But when looking at the powers in Mids it seems most just have 1 ST hold  and a AoE hold. Surprised me. And the only secondary is Earth and it's a melee attack that "may" hold.

An Ice/Time blaster would have 3 ST holds.

I would have to check the numbers when i get home, but its the magnitude, duration and recharge of the hold that matters.  A dominator in domination mode with 1 hold is doing double magnitude or 6 mag every cast cycle with only 1 animation and a recharge that isnt much longer.  Even if that blaster has 3 mag on each of those holds,  by the time all 3 are cast for a total of 9 mag, the dominator would be at 12 from their second cast.  Throw in the fact that the dominator holds are also lasting 50% longer at their normal magnitude,  the dominator is still stacking holds while the blaster is in 'maintain mode' while the holds are dropping off.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Hey guys, So I was wondering what ya'll think would be the most useful AT and powersets for a Hamidon Raids Mending Mito team ? i.e. the hold team a/k/a the green mito team

I mainly play the raids on Torch ( Hi Morna! )  and this is the team that I think could always use an extra useful toon. So what do you think would be the most useful for this?

Do you want an honest answer? Play a build that focuses on team success. Provide some sort of force multiplier to your team (debuffs, mez protection, toxic resist, maybe some healing if people aren't themselves debuffed into the floor) AND focus on Holds that you can stack as fast as possible. 

On Indom, I rotate through 6-10 different characters on days where we say hi to Kevin. Each character helps with Mending Mitos.

(1) Controller - Illusion/Kinetics -> Has only one single target Hold, but I supplement with other support powers. Power Boost + Siphon Speed + Speed Boost + Increase Density (for mez prot)+ Fulcrum Shift + Transfusion (for -regen and the heal). Fire off the Hold, then pack in as many other things while you wait for the hold to recharge. I also fire off the Control Incarnate Hybrid ability for increased magnitude holds.

(2) Controller - Gravity/Sonic -> Has only one single target Hold and Singularity, but I supplement with other support powers. Sonic Siphon, Sonic Dispersion (mez prot & toxic res), Sonic Barrier (toxic res), Clarity (mez prot). Fire off the hold then, then Sonic Siphon then Propel, rinse & repeat. 

(3) Controller - Elec/Elec -> Has only the single Hold, but lots of support. Faraday Cage to provide mez protection and Toxic resist, then cycle through the Circuit powers as needed. The single target hold always has priority, but each time we target a new mito, I deploy a Faraday Cage first.

(4) Controller - Fire/Thermal -> Has only one single target Hold. This character has the Control Incarnate Hybrid, so that gets fired off as we charge in. Forge is a good damage boost for others. I Heat Exhaust & Melt the first mito and wait for both to recharge by the time we engage Hamidon directly. Thaw is useful for mez protection.

(5) Defender - Emp/Dark -> Has a single target Hold (Char from Flame mastery). This character has Fortitude on rotation as soon at it is available and it goes on as many people as I can toss it on. Clear Mind goes on the person I am targeting through.

(6) Defender - Rad/Beam Rifle -> No holds (not even Choking Cloud), but I bring an extensive amount of debufs and -regen. 

(7) Corruptor - Ice/Poison -> Four single target Holds, the Control Incarnate Hybrid, Vanguard Medal accolade power and a host of debuffs. Venemous Gas + Weaken Resolve (Force of Will pool) + Weaken + Envenom is pretty devestating and can be rolled non-stop. The debufs take priority (I use my Aim for these), then I roll the holds.

(8) Mastermind - Robot/Time -> Two single target holds (with good long durations). This character has a few debuffs and a few buffs, but the main focus is rolling out the two holds.

(9) Sentinel - Energy/Regen -> Just the one Hold (Dominate from Psionic Mastery), but I also roll Tactics and Assault. 

(10) Blaster - Beam/Devices -> Just the one Hold (Cryo Freeze from Munitions Mastery), but I also have debuffs. Surveillance is a handy debuff. There is a -regen component to Beam attacks. 

Also, look into a targeting macro to target mitos in case the targetter dies or doesn't show up. Pay attention to how the League manages the separate groups of mitos (blue/yellow/green). Is there a particular pattern taken? If that is known, you can lean closer to one side or the other to hopefully not get walloped by mito fire as often. Or in some cases, know where to move so you draw fire and position yourself away from the group so they DON'T get splashed (and debuffed and mez'd) by it. 

Of all the characters that I bring to help with green mitos (I have others I bring for just pure range or melee for yellows), I enjoy the Corruptor & illusion controller the most. You can just see the difference in how fast mitos melt before your eyes.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I would have to check the numbers when i get home, but its the magnitude, duration and recharge of the hold that matters.  A dominator in domination mode with 1 hold is doing double magnitude or 6 mag every cast cycle with only 1 animation and a recharge that isnt much longer.  Even if that blaster has 3 mag on each of those holds,  by the time all 3 are cast for a total of 9 mag, the dominator would be at 12 from their second cast.  Throw in the fact that the dominator holds are also lasting 50% longer at their normal magnitude,  the dominator is still stacking holds while the blaster is in 'maintain mode' while the holds are dropping off.

This is a key point. The duration of the hold matters, look at the detailed information on your powers and figure out a good sequence so you provide as much overlap as possible. If you have more than one hold, fire the longer duration first then follow with the shorter duration. The hyper-buffed state of the initial engagement compresses the recharge windows so you will naturally get more overlap, but it is a good habit to practice anyways.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SuperPlyx said:

My first thought on this was Dominators as well. But when looking at the powers in Mids it seems most just have 1 ST hold  and a AoE hold. Surprised me. And the only secondary is Earth and it's a melee attack that "may" hold.

An Ice/Time blaster would have 3 ST holds.

You have to go out of your way to engineer a multiple-hold character. Do not rely on powers or IO sets that provide a "chance" for hold. Those end up not being a hold and the durations are so short that it does not matter.

The keys to Mending Mitos are: 

- stack as high a magnitude hold as possible

- ensure the durations of those holds are for as long as possible

- debuff the mito resistance as much as possible

- debuff the mito defense & regen as much as possible

- provide mez protection (stun, terror, knock back)

- provide +ToHit and/or +Damage to the team

- provide resistance to Toxic

- heal or rez where/when you can, but not over the priority of holds

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Another thing I was wondering  , does Immobilize powers work on the Mending Mitos like a Hold power? 

Mitos are actually immoblized 100% of the time already.

Really, trying to make a green mito killer is kind of pointless. Green mitos are not dangerous to the players, since they only have a minor-damage single-target DoT to wield against dozens of player characters. The yellows and blues are a much bigger threat, and once they're cleared out, the entire raid group can focus on the greens, and it's unlikely that 24+ player characters will not have enough holds between them to hold the greens.

• Thanks 1