Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Calamity Cain

Martial Arts/Ninjitsu Stalker Build - Looking for Feedback

Recommended Posts

I'm starting to utilize Mids Reborn more and dig into the numbers. But there's still a lot of nuance and so many IO and set bonus options I feel like I still miss quite a bit. So if any of you build-savvy folks have a sec, I could use another pair of eyes on muh build here. I'm also not a numbers kind of guy by nature, so I'm trying to get a grasp of the mechanics.

 

Some of my choices - Weapons Mastery in particular - are for concept reasons. So even if there's a better Patron/Ancillary option, I don't think I'm interested. I'm mostly looking for finer points, like is there a better combination of sets or am I missing a vital stat, stuff like that. So if you spot something or have a suggestion, or if you have a similar build, by all means, let me know.
 

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Doc Indigo: Level 50 Technology Stalker
Primary Power Set: Martial Arts
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Storm Kick -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(3), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(3), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(46)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(29)
Level 2: Ninja Reflexes -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 6: Assassin's Blow -- SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(39)
Level 8: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(9), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(9), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 10: Caltrops -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(15), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(15), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(29), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(37)
Level 12: Kick -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-End/Res(25), GldArm-3defTpProc(25), StdPrt-ResKB(42)
Level 16: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Cobra Strike -- GldStr-Dam/Rech(A), GldStr-Dam/End/Rech(19), GldStr-Acc/End/Rech(19), GldStr-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(31), GldStr-Acc/Dmg(40)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Ags-Psi/Status(A)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Crane Kick -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(27), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(27), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), TchofDth-Dam%(42)
Level 28: Smoke Flash -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37), Ksm-ToHit+(39), Rct-ResDam%(40)
Level 32: Eagles Claw -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Rchg(33), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(36), PwrTrns-+Heal(36)
Level 38: Web Grenade -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A)
Level 41: Blinding Powder -- CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(A), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(42), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(43), CrcPrs-Conf%(43)
Level 44: Exploding Shuriken -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 47: Cross Punch -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(48), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(48), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(48), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), ScrDrv-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), RgnTss-Regen+(21), Mrc-Rcvry+(23)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(21), PwrTrns-+Heal(23)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Vorpal Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Robotic Drones Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Incandescence Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
------------

 

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1585&c=730&a=1460&f=HEX&dc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

Edited by Calamity Cain
Adding Data Link for build

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't have to take tough/weave to cap /nin you can do it with sets.

Kuji-in sha can take +3 def resist enhancers

Kuji-in Rin is a clicky and dosn't play nice with hasten

/nin is quite end heavy and with the speed of MA probably more so. Tough/weave/Maneuvers would make it a nightmare.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

You don't have to take tough/weave to cap /nin you can do it with sets.

Kuji-in sha can take +3 def resist enhancers

Kuji-in Rin is a clicky and dosn't play nice with hasten

/nin is quite end heavy and with the speed of MA probably more so. Tough/weave/Maneuvers would make it a nightmare.

 

  • Any pointers on where to put the slots instead and what sets to pursue?
  • What do you mean "Kuji-in Rin is a clicky and dosn't play nice with hasten"? I know they're both clickies, but you can have more than one. I can auto Hasten and use Kuji-in Rin situationally, since its resists are pretty situational in the first place.
  • I did notice the end draw as I was leveling today, but then I wasn't fully slotted. Mids says my recovery with this build would still be solid, with 1.9/s Net Endurance Gain with everything turned on. I'm all for using less endurance, but again I'm not sure where to start if I'm outright removing Fighting toggles and Maneuvers. Just turning those off on this build shows about a 10% drop in all Defenses and  about 15% drop in Smashing/Lethal Resistance. 

Again, I'm new at this, but that's what it looks like to me. I appreciate the feedback, but if you can be more specific?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Calamity Cain said:
  • Any pointers on where to put the slots instead and what sets to pursue?
  • What do you mean "Kuji-in Rin is a clicky and dosn't play nice with hasten"? I know they're both clickies, but you can have more than one. I can auto Hasten and use Kuji-in Rin situationally, since its resists are pretty situational in the first place.
  • I did notice the end draw as I was leveling today, but then I wasn't fully slotted. Mids says my recovery with this build would still be solid, with 1.9/s Net Endurance Gain with everything turned on. I'm all for using less endurance, but again I'm not sure where to start if I'm outright removing Fighting toggles and Maneuvers. Just turning those off on this build shows about a 10% drop in all Defenses and  about 15% drop in Smashing/Lethal Resistance. 

Again, I'm new at this, but that's what it looks like to me. I appreciate the feedback, but if you can be more specific?

Ok on the first point fully slot your defensive toggles and use a Red fortune set as that gives +Dmg +rech and +ranged defence so you are looking at an extra 5% ranged def just from slotting reflexes and danger sense and an extra 10% Rech and 4% dmg.

Mmm smexy.

 

Kujin-Rin is your anti Hold power and should always be on Auto because any -Rech will slow it down and the overlap without hasten will be short.

So if you have stacked -Rech and Holds on you when Rin ends you end up getting held.

So having Rin on Auto means you can't have hasten on Auto and it becomes a clickfest.

Obviously any +Rech is good to your build but Hasten is not required and Rin only needs 1 +Rech enhancer and any bit of extra +Rech from sets is a bonus.

I personally don't like being held so it is definitely not Situational 🙂

 

Mids dosn't tell you how much end your attack powers will be using as well as the toggles alltogether.

So that 1.9/s Gain won't last with MA's power speed.

I had the same issue with my Kat/Nin and that is not as fast as MA is.

 

Here is a sample build to give you an idea what you can do.

48% melee def 47% Ranged def with no fighting or leadership pool. 55% Extra Rech means it dosn't need hasten.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.2.19
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Stalker
Primary Power Set: Martial Arts
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Medicine
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Storm Kick -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(3), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Crippling Axe Kick -- TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(7), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), TchofDth-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(13), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(13), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def(17)
Level 6: Assassin's Blow -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(21)
Level 8: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 10: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def(25), RedFrt-EndRdx(27)
Level 12: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(43), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(46), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 14: Caltrops -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A)
Level 16: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Cobra Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(34), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Thunder Kick -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(31), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(34)
Level 26: Crane Kick -- CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(27), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(29), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(29), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 28: Smoke Flash -- Acc-I(A)
Level 30: Injection -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Eagles Claw -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(39)
Level 35: Aid Self -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 38: Physical Perfection -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 41: Shuriken -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Exploding Shuriken -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(45), Artl-Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(46), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(46)
Level 47: Web Grenade -- Acc-I(A)
Level 49: Blinding Powder -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(39), PwrTrns-+Heal(40)
------------

 

 

 

 

Edited by Chelsea Rorec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crippling Axe Kick is one of MA's better attacks. Maybe take it over Cobra Strike or Crane Kick.

 

Imo, Crane Kick is still one of the best looking attacks in the game, but that KB can become a nuisance. A Sudden Acceleration or Overwhelming Force IO can fix that.


Hide and Combat Jump has several slots devoted to Luck of the Gambler IOs, but the +def they provide is really low. For example, with Agility Core Alpha active, Hide and CJ combined provide +4.5% def with no IOs slotted. With the 6 LotG IOs you have slotted, combined Hide and CJ provides +6.23% def. It's only a +1.73% def gain. Mule them for LotG +7.5% recharge. The spare slots saved could be used for...:


-Add Steadfast Protection res/def IO will provide +3% def to all positional/type attacks.

-Add another slot in Focus Chi, for the 6th Gaussian's IO, will provide +2.5% def to all positional def, M/R/A.

-Add another slot in Blinding Power for the 6th Coercive Persuasion will provide +5% ranged def.

-Add an IO to Hasten to get it close to perma.

-Add Panacea in Health to help with endurance.

-Add Preventive Medicine +absorb to help with a bit of survival.

-Add to Stamina to help with Recovery.


Maybe try to make the build work with one less toggle by eliminating Maneuvers. If you plan to use Cross Punch for a bit of AoE, toss in Boxing. Fighting PP's damage bonuses are supposed to stack.


Only one Power Transfer, chance to heal IO, can activate at a time. Having two will give a better chance to get one heal, but two heals will not occur simultaneously. It makes multiples PT IOs less useful.


Adding a second Numina's IO into Health will provide more +regen than Regenerative Tissue. Or adding Impervious Skin unique in Tough/Kuji-In Sha will provide the same +regen as Regenerative Tissue, and also add a bit of +status resistance.

 

Overall it's a good build, just a few tweaks here and there. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

Ok on the first point fully slot your defensive toggles and use a Red fortune set as that gives +Dmg +rech and +ranged defence so you are looking at an extra 5% ranged def just from slotting reflexes and danger sense and an extra 10% Rech and 4% dmg.

Mmm smexy.

 

Kujin-Rin is your anti Hold power and should always be on Auto because any -Rech will slow it down and the overlap without hasten will be short.

So if you have stacked -Rech and Holds on you when Rin ends you end up getting held.

So having Rin on Auto means you can't have hasten on Auto and it becomes a clickfest.

Obviously any +Rech is good to your build but Hasten is not required and Rin only needs 1 +Rech enhancer and any bit of extra +Rech from sets is a bonus.

I personally don't like being held so it is definitely not Situational 🙂

 

Mids dosn't tell you how much end your attack powers will be using as well as the toggles alltogether.

So that 1.9/s Gain won't last with MA's power speed.

I had the same issue with my Kat/Nin and that is not as fast as MA is.

 

Here is a sample build to give you an idea what you can do.

48% melee def 47% Ranged def with no fighting or leadership pool. 55% Extra Rech means it dosn't need hasten.

  Hide contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.2.19
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Stalker
Primary Power Set: Martial Arts
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Medicine
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Storm Kick -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(3), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Crippling Axe Kick -- TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(7), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), TchofDth-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(13), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(13), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def(17)
Level 6: Assassin's Blow -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(21)
Level 8: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 10: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def(25), RedFrt-EndRdx(27)
Level 12: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(43), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(46), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 14: Caltrops -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A)
Level 16: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Cobra Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(34), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Thunder Kick -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(31), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(34)
Level 26: Crane Kick -- CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(27), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(29), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(29), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 28: Smoke Flash -- Acc-I(A)
Level 30: Injection -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Eagles Claw -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(39)
Level 35: Aid Self -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 38: Physical Perfection -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 41: Shuriken -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Exploding Shuriken -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(45), Artl-Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(46), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(46)
Level 47: Web Grenade -- Acc-I(A)
Level 49: Blinding Powder -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(39), PwrTrns-+Heal(40)
------------

 

 

 

 

 

Ah, that clarifies it, thanks! So I punched up my own version of this, changing a few of the powers (incidentally I like that you added Medicine, since the character has some medical training). I get nervous with such low resist, but I suppose the idea is that with such high damage and high defense, most things will be dead before they can land a hit right?

Speaking of damage, I compared your offered build and my own, particularly the damage output on Assassin's Blow, and I can't for the life of me understand why the two are different. Your build shows 1182.4 Damage on Assassin's Blow, while mine shows  788.4 Damage. Meanwhile, both of our Eagle's Claw have matching damage outputs of 688.3 Damage. What am I missing? How is your example squeezing almost 300 more damage out of Assassin's Blow? Here's my take on your build:

 

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Doc Indigo 2: Level 50 Technology Stalker
Primary Power Set: Martial Arts
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Medicine
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Storm Kick -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(3), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Crippling Axe Kick -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(7), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), TchofDth-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(13), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def(15), RedFrt-EndRdx(17)
Level 6: Assassin's Blow -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(21)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def(25), RedFrt-EndRdx(27)
Level 12: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Build%(42)
Level 14: Caltrops -- PstBls-Dam%(A)
Level 16: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Cobra Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(34), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 22: Thunder Kick -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(31), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(34)
Level 24: Aid Other -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 26: Crane Kick -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(27), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(29), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Aid Self -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 30: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Eagles Claw -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(39)
Level 35: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 38: Web Grenade -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A)
Level 41: Shuriken -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Exploding Shuriken -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(45), Artl-Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(46), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(46)
Level 47: Resuscitate -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 49: Blinding Powder -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(46), PwrTrns-+Heal(48)
------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Crippling Axe Kick is one of MA's better attacks. Maybe take it over Cobra Strike or Crane Kick.

 

Imo, Crane Kick is still one of the best looking attacks in the game, but that KB can become a nuisance. A Sudden Acceleration or Overwhelming Force IO can fix that.


Hide and Combat Jump has several slots devoted to Luck of the Gambler IOs, but the +def they provide is really low. For example, with Agility Core Alpha active, Hide and CJ combined provide +4.5% def with no IOs slotted. With the 6 LotG IOs you have slotted, combined Hide and CJ provides +6.23% def. It's only a +1.73% def gain. Mule them for LotG +7.5% recharge. The spare slots saved could be used for...:


-Add Steadfast Protection res/def IO will provide +3% def to all positional/type attacks.

-Add another slot in Focus Chi, for the 6th Gaussian's IO, will provide +2.5% def to all positional def, M/R/A.

-Add another slot in Blinding Power for the 6th Coercive Persuasion will provide +5% ranged def.

-Add an IO to Hasten to get it close to perma.

-Add Panacea in Health to help with endurance.

-Add Preventive Medicine +absorb to help with a bit of survival.

-Add to Stamina to help with Recovery.


Maybe try to make the build work with one less toggle by eliminating Maneuvers. If you plan to use Cross Punch for a bit of AoE, toss in Boxing. Fighting PP's damage bonuses are supposed to stack.


Only one Power Transfer, chance to heal IO, can activate at a time. Having two will give a better chance to get one heal, but two heals will not occur simultaneously. It makes multiples PT IOs less useful.


Adding a second Numina's IO into Health will provide more +regen than Regenerative Tissue. Or adding Impervious Skin unique in Tough/Kuji-In Sha will provide the same +regen as Regenerative Tissue, and also add a bit of +status resistance.

 

Overall it's a good build, just a few tweaks here and there. 
 

Appreciate the alternative feedback! I'll poke around with this later tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Calamity Cain said:

 

Ah, that clarifies it, thanks! So I punched up my own version of this, changing a few of the powers (incidentally I like that you added Medicine, since the character has some medical training). I get nervous with such low resist, but I suppose the idea is that with such high damage and high defense, most things will be dead before they can land a hit right?

Speaking of damage, I compared your offered build and my own, particularly the damage output on Assassin's Blow, and I can't for the life of me understand why the two are different. Your build shows 1182.4 Damage on Assassin's Blow, while mine shows  788.4 Damage. Meanwhile, both of our Eagle's Claw have matching damage outputs of 688.3 Damage. What am I missing? How is your example squeezing almost 300 more damage out of Assassin's Blow? Here's my take on your build:

 

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Doc Indigo 2: Level 50 Technology Stalker
Primary Power Set: Martial Arts
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Medicine
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Storm Kick -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(3), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Crippling Axe Kick -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(7), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), TchofDth-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(13), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def(15), RedFrt-EndRdx(17)
Level 6: Assassin's Blow -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(21)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def(25), RedFrt-EndRdx(27)
Level 12: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Build%(42)
Level 14: Caltrops -- PstBls-Dam%(A)
Level 16: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Cobra Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(34), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 22: Thunder Kick -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(31), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(34)
Level 24: Aid Other -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 26: Crane Kick -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(27), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(29), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Aid Self -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 30: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Eagles Claw -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(39)
Level 35: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 38: Web Grenade -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A)
Level 41: Shuriken -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Exploding Shuriken -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(45), Artl-Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(46), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(46)
Level 47: Resuscitate -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 49: Blinding Powder -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(46), PwrTrns-+Heal(48)
------------

Looks ok

Altho you do want that Pancea in health not in Resuscitate.

Always take cobra strike.

It is more damage that most of your attacks and is great for a fast strike after AS.

Web grenade NEEDS an ACC enhancer.

Not sure on the dmg difference between builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

Looks ok

Altho you do want that Pancea in health not in Resuscitate.

Always take cobra strike.

It is more damage that most of your attacks and is great for a fast strike after AS.

Web grenade NEEDS an ACC enhancer.

Not sure on the dmg difference between builds.

The damage difference is driving me nuts. haha I tweaked my build a bit, and it actually gets 1 or 2 extra points of damage on all other attacks, but somehow your build's Assassin's Blow is dominating mine. I've made sure all relevant slotting is the same, all options match, etc. But no matter what, your build gets 300 or so more damage on Assassin's Blow.

I'd think it was a glitch but I recreated your build from scratch and it still shows a 300 damage difference. 😖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Calamity Cain said:

The damage difference is driving me nuts. haha I tweaked my build a bit, and it actually gets 1 or 2 extra points of damage on all other attacks, but somehow your build's Assassin's Blow is dominating mine. I've made sure all relevant slotting is the same, all options match, etc. But no matter what, your build gets 300 or so more damage on Assassin's Blow.

I'd think it was a glitch but I recreated your build from scratch and it still shows a 300 damage difference. 😖

How odd.

The short and the curly of it is it will still perform the same regardless of what mids says.

It is possible that it's factoring in Gaussians chance for BU ? Is focus chi turned on ?

 

A thing to note is any enhancer that gives +Recovery or regen like miracle,numina's etc if you put them in powers that you target someone else with it will apply to that person and not yourself.

 

All in All i'd still go with the chance for heal enhancers in health,stamina,physical perfection because the end useage is below 1 so the panacea,stamina "should" be able to handle it.

I see an end useage of 0.38/s s and that very low so go with the above for a bit more survivability.

 

And i just noticed you have no super jump or any travel power so you will have to drop Resuscitate for super jump.

 

Think of yourself before you think of others 🙂

Edited by Chelsea Rorec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

How odd.

The short and the curly of it is it will still perform the same regardless of what mids says.

It is possible that it's factoring in Gaussians chance for BU ? Is focus chi turned on ?

 

A thing to note is any enhancer that gives +Recovery or regen like miracle,numina's etc if you put them in powers that you target someone else with it will apply to that person and not yourself.

 

All in All i'd still go with the chance for heal enhancers in health,stamina,physical perfection because the end useage is below 1 so the panacea,stamina "should" be able to handle it.

I see an end useage of 0.38/s s and that very low so go with the above for a bit more survivability.

 

And i just noticed you have no super jump or any travel power so you will have to drop Resuscitate for super jump.

 

Think of yourself before you think of others 🙂

With Sprint + Athletic Run and the LRT Accolade, I don't really invest in travel powers anymore, unless it suits the concept, so I'm fine leaving Super Jump out.

Anyway, thanks for the help, it's given me a lot to chew on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Calamity Cain said:

With Sprint + Athletic Run and the LRT Accolade, I don't really invest in travel powers anymore, unless it suits the concept, so I'm fine leaving Super Jump out.

Anyway, thanks for the help, it's given me a lot to chew on.

It is a nice sentiment but when you have to travel the length of IP with no travel power you will get bored of it very quickly 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Calamity Cain said:

The damage difference is driving me nuts. haha I tweaked my build a bit, and it actually gets 1 or 2 extra points of damage on all other attacks, but somehow your build's Assassin's Blow is dominating mine. I've made sure all relevant slotting is the same, all options match, etc. But no matter what, your build gets 300 or so more damage on Assassin's Blow.

I'd think it was a glitch but I recreated your build from scratch and it still shows a 300 damage difference. 😖

It's glitched by Thunder Kick and Crippling Axe Kick. Remove them entirely from the build, pick them again and reslot the IOs. That should fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caltrops is trash, its dot effect will knock off hide/placate/hidden

You do not need tough/weave that early.  I remember taking boxing at 28, tough at 30 and weave at either 35 or 38.  Tough was slotted with 3 ribos, 3% def, 3% def 7.5% hp

aid other and self self is just bleh.  between aid self and nins self heal you wont ever need these

buildup is way overslotted.  3 max.  rech, Adj Target: rech, Adj Target: rech/tohit

and i dont think i see any knockback protection

cross punch sucks ass, small cone and bad damage without the kick/boxing combos

 

and finally, the lack of AoE ate away at me so bad I rerolled Street Justice.  never looked back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...