What do you think is the best support Lore pet?

RudedawgCDN

I am a Beast / Nature MM and I am quite happy with my damage (took the Alpha Damage Ability Musculature) and my characters healing.

I have taken Clarion in Destiny and Diamagnetic in Interface.

Where I want to improve my character is in its survivability.

Which support lore pet would you suggest for helping keep me alive in encounters? 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, RudedawgCDN said:

I am a Beast / Nature MM and I am quite happy with my damage (took the Alpha Damage Ability Musculature) and my characters healing.

Where I want to improve my character is in its survivability.

Which support lore pet would you suggest for helping keep me alive in encounters? 

If you are looking to improve survivability, the randomness/unpredictability of a pet will not help in that regard. 

The Lore pet, even the untouchable buffers, are ‘nice’ to have, but I haven’t found them to be game changers.  However, I only have these on a few tanks, so... not sure that is totally fair.  With the loooong recharge, the Lore pets are more like a long term inspiration than a new power being unleashed, imho.

Taking Musculature likely WILL leave you happy with your damage.  I am not a MM guru, I think it is the only AT I never reached 50 on, but I think looking at different Alphas is likely your key to being less squishy.

• Like 1

The Longbow side with the Cataphract (top level) and untouchable Warden is pretty good ... the big robot does nice damage / -Regen for bosses, and the warden heals and can't be killed.  If you're looking for healing, that's pretty good.  Given you're nature, however, I'd imagine you have healing covered. In which case I'd go up the right tree for Banished Pantheon for more damage.

• Like 1

An interesting option might be Storm Elementals. They do AoE damage more than ST, which is more useful for Beasts, and one of them runs Hurricane, with a very strong -ToHit debuff. The only downside is that your Beasts will go into melee while the Elementals will stay at range... but I think that as an MM, they may obey pet commands, so you can probably order the one with the Hurricane to go into the mobs to debuff them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

May I suggest something outside what you are looking for.

As some have said the "untouchables" tend to be inconsistent.

What about getting the Summon Amy Johnson or summon Shivans ... would that work for you?

I have gone through the lore list of pets; and I can't seem to find either of those - can you include a link for me to them please?

22 minutes ago, RudedawgCDN said:

I have gone through the lore list of pets; and I can't seem to find either of those - can you include a link for me to them please?

You obtain a shard with 5 summon charges on it when you complete the mission Shiva Strike Mission in Bloody Bay. It is a temp power that you would have to redo every time you use up the five charges.

Summon Amy Johnson is another temp power obtained by completing the Katie Hannon Task Force that allows you to summon Amy Johnson 5 times before you.

The Shivan Shard is obtainable solo, but better on a team. The Katie Hannon TF first mission can be tricky if the team composition is just random.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 5:53 PM, Dracomicon said:

Summon Amy Johnson is another temp power obtained by completing the Katie Hannon Task Force that allows you to summon Amy Johnson 5 times before you.

The Shivan Shard is obtainable solo, but better on a team. The Katie Hannon TF first mission can be tricky if the team composition is just random.

Can you get another Summon Amy power if you use up the first 5 charges by running the Katie TF again?  I never dared to use all mine up to find out.  

I actually think the Shivan Shard mission is easier solo or duo, on a larger team each teammate has to wait for the meteors to recharge before they can siphon them.  You do want stealth to fly over the meteors and siphon them without being seen by the spawned Shivans (with enough stealth, sometimes they don't even spawn), and if your damage is low, take the turrets down to low hit points and finish them all at once.  They don't regenerate.  

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 11:52 AM, Scientist said:

Can you get another Summon Amy power if you use up the first 5 charges by running the Katie TF again?  I never dared to use all mine up to find out.  

I actually think the Shivan Shard mission is easier solo or duo, on a larger team each teammate has to wait for the meteors to recharge before they can siphon them.  You do want stealth to fly over the meteors and siphon them without being seen by the spawned Shivans (with enough stealth, sometimes they don't even spawn), and if your damage is low, take the turrets down to low hit points and finish them all at once.  They don't regenerate.  

I haven't tried on Homecoming, but back on Live once you used up all of the Amy's Ward charges it was gone for good.

@RudedawgCDN

Hello OP! 

I have never played /nature myself, but I have heard some good things. Here are a few tips that I can offer -

1. Ensure you have all pet aura IO's slotted.

2. Personally I have found that no matter what primary/seconday MM I have gone with, Juggling both Barrier and Support incarnates go a long way for beefing up you and your pets. You pop barrier, then when that wears off, swap to the other. Support Core is more damage/accuracy/defense, but the defense certainly helps.

3. For lore pets, personally I would recommend either Longbow for the super -regen debuff they have. But if its survivability, you may want to look at Knives of Vengeance Radial. None of the lore pets have any outstanding heal that will save you to any great extent, but the Knives has a 20% hit/30% damage buff, and a Regen/Recovery buff. But if you want something 100% defense, Robotic Drones radial comes with a 200 point single target heal and a 5% all defense buff.

4. I am not sure how experienced you are, but a big part of being tough as a MM is taking full advantage of Bodyguard mode.

5. Make sure you have all the restricted IOs, such as Shield Wall teleport/3%, Gladiator TP/3% protection, Steadfast Protection 3%, Unbreakable Guard +hps.

Honestly the biggest one will be the juggling Barrier and Support. Though I have seen/heard people adding Rune of Protection into the mix as well for stronger personal defenses.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Neiska
  • Like 1