Weekly Discussion 86: Base Building Wish List

GM ColdSpark

- In game NPCs as placeable items. Put a Synapse here, a War Witch there, etc.; Maybe even make customizable NPCs possible?

- Tintable lighting

- I'd like to see the old mission computer system brought back for new/revamped  tf's if we ever add them. The one CoV side was a good gimmick. IMHO.

- Maybe a "Danger Room" with targeting dummies where you could try a power before selecting it. Stolen idea from Champions Online, but I found it interesting. Of course, the average player now pretty much knows every power anyways, so this probably isn't all that important an idea.

-- PVP --

This might be asking a lot,  but here goes:

Let's bring back the old system; If an sg would like to participate in base raiding, they go top the sg registrar and file for a second, pvp capable base. We could then bring back the old Base Salvage (now called Legacy salvage) /Prestige system (outside of AE)(drop the old lvl 25 rule though), and groups could work on their  bases again. This way the people's current bases don't have to get reworked,  the HC team & pvp community will be able to get a clean slate and make changes when inevitable bugs & balance issues arise.

• Like 3

Personal things I'd like: 

* Larger white tiles. Give us something so we don't need to drop a bunch of white tiles when we are trying to build above and below base.

* Ruler. Just give us a ruler. It can be an item with dashes on it. We can use it as decoration - but more importantly, we can use it to help measure things out. 

* Either changes the chat-range to the Pocket D's level or allow the Base Owner set the distance between 1-100.

* Invisible walls. Sort of like what you hit when you are trying to leave a area on the map. Small, medium, and large.

* Wouldn't mind some buildings added for those making city scapes. We can make them now but a few buildings would speed things up.

* Make NPCs easier to manage when moving them around the base.

* Customizable NPC's. Might be possible if we dedicated a costume slot on our person to create the NPC design. Or we could utilize the Supergroup Costume part of supergroups. Make it so you can put down an NPC wearing whatever the supergroup costume is? 

* Make a mug! I want a mug. And I want to be able to have my supergroup symbol on the side (very much like the Arachnos mug currently in the builder) 

* Small water tile. Just give us one that is HALF of the small option. 

PVP:

* Don't know if this is possible but if it is - I don't want base items to suddenly become unavailable for decoration use. I'd hate to lose my turrets I use for decorating. If PVP is to occur in the bases, I don't want my base to be destroyed. 

* Set up a room to allow for PVP. Anyone who enters will be set to PVP mode as if they just got off the copter in a PVP zone. Have the count down and all that occur. This would also effect the areas above and below a base. This would allow people to design rooms where people could go and fight.

* Set up a terminal that allows people to duel each other. But when they click on the map they choose, they can select an option called "BASE ARENA". A Base arena is either a room or an area where you designate PVP. You'll get teleported to that base arena room/item then to start the fight. Once you leave the area, the fight ends.

* This is for base raids. First of all - again, this should be optional not required. It should also not destroy a base - or if it does, it shouldn't be permanent. I'd be okay if the base could be destroyed during a raid but would respawn perfectly fine upon reload after the Raid. 

* Still on Base Raids - We could bring back prestige then, but only as a way to fuel turrets and other defenses. Do not bring back prestige as a way to build. But I think it would be cool if the base's energy for their weapons and defenses were the result of the prestige they had in the bank. 

Edited by BBBadger
  • Like 1

Some of the things that I would like to see are:

Frozen stalagmites and stalagmites.

Ice caves walls

Frozen  water

snow banks/hills and surfaces

giant snow beasts that will patrol, or just sit/stand, the bases

Have the NPC's ability to walk/patrol the bases.

Have it where the NPC's clothing and look don't change after a log in or deletion of an item.

I'm not asking for much...really.

• Like 1

Honestly, if they can get PvP Bases to work again, bearing in mind that the pathfinding for Pets in Bases is COMPLETELY borked, then I would encourage them to take things one step further:

PvE in Bases.

Being able to build Bases as levels/maps, and populate them with spawn points for mobs, objectives, and all that fun jazz.

The mind boggles at the possibilities!

• Like 3

The main things are placeable objects that give light just like the TOV candle, but in the standard primary colors (Blue, Green, Purple)

I want NPCs of more characters, including NPC factions. Especially Robots like the Malta, Council and MM ones. Lusca?  Seagulls Flying?

I'd want an AE access portal to edit (Launcher could be cool, but its probably impossible)

Round versions of the various 'floors' we have.  A plain black floor tile (Think substation flooring, but solid black and another of Solid White (Maybe tintable?)).  I'd want the different Fountain water shapes without the fountain part. (ie: round water tiles)  And more types of surface textures (dirt, sand, concrete, street, etc)

I'd love to see some more of the Pocket D items like the neon beams, etc. Graffiti 

Entire buildings from different zones.  That would reduce item counts for a lot of those scenery bases.  Even if they have to be pieces.

An object/sign that, rather than placing individual Letters, lets you write something, and it just displays it. (like an SG name or something.)

An option to Toggle the Grid outside the base visible or not.  And, an option to just turn the entire base into one big room so there are no 'gaps' and 'doorway' shenanigans.

Placeable objects that serve the purpose of the NPC tailors (say a Mirror? or a Closet?)

More types of doors. Like ones that fit in the corridor bulkheads and so forth.  

A big setpiece item that is like the arachnos pipe, but you can see the inside of it too for tunnels and such.

The ice/snow from Frostfire/Pocket D chalet.

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk

Edited by Chimeran42
  • Like 1

What is the likelihood that SG Bases can be coded to have this as a feature: Mission Open Message?

What I mean by this, is when you enter a mission for the first time, a text box pops up with a little description of the scene it's setting, pertinent to the story, along with an "OK" button to close out of it. This is in every mission, generally, and can be edited in the AE Mission Editor when creating a mission as well. So what use would this have for SG Base creators?

There could be a whole lot of uses:
A : Inform the visitor of who the base belongs to, what it's about, or who built it.
B : Set the scene for a roleplay oriented base
C : Place a URL link that has more information about the SG, Base, or Lore of the Base built.
D : Describe directions in particularly large bases for newcomers on where they can go to find certain locales.

And several other reasons why this could be a thing.

My question was, how feasible would this be to add to the base editor? And if it's possible, could it be added? I feel as though this is a simple idea, but could have several uses for many base builders, whether they be for an SG, for friends, roleplay purposes, and more. However, I'm aware this might be a coding issue and might not be able to be added.

OTHERWISE (Other Coding Features):
- Customizable NPC's - costume-able NPC's in various poses. (EVEN if this means that the NPC selected only keys off a costume file saved to your local computer and doesn't go to a costume editor, I would be fine with this too.)
- SG Base Saving/Loading/Backups - if it's just a file stored locally on the computer, I think it'd be ideal to have - I've definitely built large-scale bases where I wanted to copy it to another alt, and delete the majority save for a small section for a smaller and more performance driven instance of a room or section of base I've built.
- Item grouping controls - be able to select multiple objects at the same time, and drag them all at once.
- REALLY basic tintable plain surfaces - Plain white surface that can be re-colored to any color including flat black, green, etc. For whiting out/blacking out areas or using a green screen for photoshopping your character into other situations.
- A button that re-selects the last object you last chose, so you just hit the key, and it shows you the object to place in the same orientation you had it last, then you just click it into place.
- A button that re-orients an object the same manner you had last oriented an object.
- Personal housing per character, or the ability to join multiple groups to include the one you are an owner of.
- More portals. 10 is a fair amount, but not enough for large-scale bases. I'd double it to 20.
- "Last Used" item list of say, the last 5 objects you had placed in, as a separate little window that you can open and close.

(FX Object Features):
- MUCH more blue fire FX needed.
- Much more flashing or pinging landing zone lights
- Lights that are cast from the same objects as CoV Candles and the Red/Green/Blue Lamps, but as an individual effect and tintable in color.
- Lights that are cast from the same objects as the wall light objects (the circular one) but as an individual effect and tintable in color.
- Heck, just tintable lighting effects in general, without the object associated.
- Superpower FX
- FX that emit presets of music, much like the boombox NPC, but without the boombox, or the NPC.
- Object that mutes all sound emitting objects

(Object Features):
- More neon signs like the ones in St. Martial
- More Arachnos pieces (Such as: outside structuring of buildings in Sharkhead Isle and the like, large wall pieces with vents, glowing lights, and pipes and all that fancy Arachnos wiring nonsense)
- Emergency caution bands (not like the signs but the actual bands that are flat)
- Full Skyscraper buildings from various urban zones, for use as background dressing for cityscape bases
- Streetlights from the front of Golden Giza - the ones on the bridge that hook over slightly and look like standard street lamps
- Surfaces with various textures - Carpetting from Golden Giza, Streets, Dirt, Sand, Snow, Black and White tiles, Concrete, (All tintables)
- Invisible surfaces in small, medium, large, and extra large sizes that do block sunlight and ones that don't block sunlight.
- More Vanguard Weaponry
- Vanguard Pillars, Crates, Pipes, Struts, Fluorescent lights, anything really
- More Windows and Doors overall
- RWZ Sandbags
- Just... objects in general from RWZ anything really, including ruined buildings and such.
- Glass bottles, Glasses, Partially filled Bottles/Glasses - Studio 55
- Smaller letters, like a half size set and a quarter size set should be good enough
- Eastern-themed/Oriental parts. There just simply isn't enough all around
- Praetorian Street Lights
- Praetorian news network TV's (the smaller ones)
- Praetorian underground doors, vents, pipes, junction boxes, various ceiling and wall lights, barrels, railings, stairs, giant generator thingy, etc.
- More chainlink fences, if they can be found?
- Graffiti, if possible?
- Bigger glass window pieces, but same functionality as the existing (new) ones.
- More 5th Column and Council pieces.
- Shipping Crate pieces. (Sharkhead Isle)
- Round steel silos in Sharkhead Isle, including their circular catwalks near the tops of them and their respective connecting struts.

(Base Functionality Features):
- Base room that fills the base limits with a singular room
- More Roof/Wall/Floor textures for the base rooms imported from just the base game - various surfaces, any are welcome at all.
- More skyboxes from various zones that aren't in yet, such as Port Oakes and the like.

Edited by ScarredSilencer
  • Like 3

An Ouroboros echo portal so I can go to Galaxy and old Astoria from my base again.

• Like 3

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Oh, goodness. Well, I would love to have...

-More portals for use. Up to maybe 20, from 10? 10 is quite a tiny amount, for larger bases with numerous rooms. 

-The option to link to other bases through a portal. Probably super difficult to implement, but would certainly open up a huge amount of options!

-Smaller letters, as many others have stated.

-The wooden gazebo that used to be on the test server - it's the one used in the Halloween festival and the winter cabin map, just without the lights and decorations on it. It's a beautiful piece!

-An item that's a cluster of lily pads and lotuses would absolutely make my day. Would go a long way for sprucing up ponds!

-More Eastern-themed art pieces in general. Two drawings of a dragon and a wooden sign board are...pretty lacking.

- ...Perhaps a higher max item count...? Just a tiny bit more! I need to BUILD

- More textures for surfaces. Cobblestone roads, granite, that sort of thing.

-More kitchenware!

-Less noise for the waterfalls, oh lord please they're so noisy.

- Plaques we can add and edit the text of!

- Towels!

- More plants in general!

Edited by Squidget
  • Like 3

Things I'd like to see added to the base editor,

• Combat options in bases; e.g. ability to mark base as a PvP zone or add PvE enemies in the editor menu.
  • Allow us to have more than 10 in-base portals, i.e. Zayin, Daleth.
  • Option to save/ load base designs, or at least backup your base creation.
  • More NPC options with customizable stances/ poses to place around the base; Toxic tarantula, nemesis robots, etc.
  • More villain lair options. I'm thinking the items from the seasonal Halloween haunted house mission and Arachnos base assets found in Grandville. As it is now, villain lairs are hamstrung by the limited assets available. Speaking for other Arachnos loyalists...GIVE US MORE Arachnos pipes/ giant banners, weapons turrets, bombs, those bunkers from Bloody Bay, and the launch pads from Warburg!

I'm no coder, but it would definitely be welcomed if more items that already exist in the game find their way into the editor.

Edited by Giovanni Valia
  • Like 1

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

Things I'd like:

• The signs you find around Paragon.  Street signs, the highway/road signs, and business signs.  Even the placards out in front of the movie theatres.
  • More roof options.  Such as the type you find on flat roofs or even the peaked roofs.
  • Houses!  Like the ready made houses from the Roman set, is there a chance that there are ready made houses you find in the rural areas of Croatoa?
  • Item grouping!
  • Road ways.  Street roads or cobble stones roads.
  • Longbow stuff akin to the Arachnos stuff in the editor.
  • The cargo containers found on ships.

Stuff that would be great:

• More vehicles!  Different cars and trucks.  Especially trucks!
  • The ability to customize NPCs.
  • NPCs that are more than just generic civilians.  Love to see NPCs that are from different factions.

Stuff that I'd love to see, but probably wouldn't any time soon.

• Livestock!  Horses, cows, goats!
  • Carriages!
  • Motorcycles.
  • Farming equipment

(yeah, I know, most of these are because I created a base in a rural setting, but still!)

• Like 1

• Community Rep

Things I'd like the editor to do:

1. Group (classify several individual items together as one item which could then be moved or manipulated)

2. Copy/paste. It is tedious to do the same thing to the same item over and over. We still do it, but a copy/paste feature would be SO nice. Or, if it can't copy/paste, maybe a "preset" feature, sort of like a radio station on your car radio. If you have a position on the dial you like, you select it so you can go back to it. So, in the editor, I position a particular item at a particular angle, maybe in a particular color if applicable, with whichever attachment I'm using, and select "preset" or whatever you want to call it, and now, when I click that item, it will come out of the editor at that angle, color, and attachment orientation, until I deselect "preset".

3. A "recently used items" window or tab. I really hate it when I'm using a few items in a few tabs; invariably, they are ones I have to scroll to get to from my current place in the editor.

4. Search function

And it would be awesome to have the editor re-organized. It would be nice to have filters such as "tintable" (not all items that are tintable are labeled as such.) Another filter suggestion would be "one-sided" or "full polygon" (all dimensions present; I am sure there's a more technical term, but I'm just telling you what I want, I don't know the vocab! 🙂 )

5. Scalability. (would it be possible to use whatever programming scales bodies in the costume creator and apply it to base items?)

6. I'd like to be able to designate an area in the base as "inside" and be able to do indoor lighting, and have the rest of the base be outdoor lighting. The game can do it. Right now, while the lighting is an improvement over having to hand light everything above base, the night cycle means that things will be dim indoors, and colors aren't the same in different lighting conditions.

Items I'd like to see in the editor:

More basic building blocks. Basic shapes in various sizes, tintable. At various times, I've wished HARD for some sort of triangular shape. There are none in the editor. I've wanted thin poles or rails...nope. There are finally spheres, unless you want ball sized. Do you know how many geometric domes would have been created by now if there was a triangular shaped glass?? We can and have made do with what we have, but even just a few curved or triangular shaped items would be SO nice.

Walls without trim (so they can be stacked or sunk without having to deal with trim) that are tintable in various widths. Trim of various lengths.  If you make them versatile, we don't have to worry as much about having  this height AND that height. ANY height tintable wall without trim would be a HUGE improvement. Also, short walls for above windows and doors. Or, conversely, windows and doors that already have the wall bit above it.

Doors. WIndows. Door jams. There are MANY of these already in the game, but not in the editor.

Tintable flooring. C'mon. If it's tintable, it could be sand. Snow. Carpet. A pool bottom. Again, even if it's just taking the grass plates (or making something in those sizes) and making them able to be white, sandy, or whatever, would be such a huge improvement. 

Smaller plants and flowers. More, common, animals. Horses. Deer. Foxes. Rabbits. Squirrels. Cats. Cows. etc.

Fabric items, such as towels, curtains, and bedspreads.

Items that could be moved, like the signs and gates in game, could that maybe be applied to a door in a base so it can open and close? Or open and return to being "closed" after a set time?

More intrabase teleport points/beacons, and ideally, make them able to be named. It can get so confusing in a base to try and guess where any given portal is going to take you.

On PvP, I definitely like the idea of PvP zones, maybe a room you can select if you want it in your base, and that room and that room alone has to follow whatever rules you deem necessary for fighting in a base.

-Dacy

• Like 3

Items, well, a few are in the pics below. are a few of the items of interest in the Vanguard/RWZ area, the pillars, the crates, cement textures below on the floor and the caution bands! Lots of great suggestions overall!

Warehouse Doors / Garage Doors
Shipping Containers
More Ships, such as Oil Tankers. (Sharkhead, other zones)

I'd really love t'see more stuff from the Praetorian sewer network, Night Ward and other zones as well. More NPCs such as D.U.S.T and PPD (Praetorian and Paragon City) for more immersive scenes/etc, Arachnos personnel, so on, so forth.

I generally don't really care about base PvP myself, but I know people that do want it.

There should be an opt-in but it should be WHEN you create / register the SG / base, and there should be a few weeks to decide whether or not to enable it in an already existing base via some admin option like when you're determining access to your base from Coalitions, etc.

Alternatively, have a cooldown between 'on' and 'off' of 24 hours? If it's able to be added in to permissions and such when managing the SG. 

100% against any prestige cost for placing items. That's been so freeing, to not have to spent days, weeks, farming prestige to build a base. Not really sure what t'do with a base/SG that's opted into PVP permanently when they create the base? There'd have to be limits on how many defense items you have per room again should you opt-in, like there used to be, you'll actually have to manage control/power as well.

screenshot_190524-15-16-49.jpg

Edited by @T3h Ish
Grammar, and some other suggestions and ideas.
  • Like 2

Ho boy, if the base lovin is a comin, here goes:

New base items

•More static creatures / wildlife - farm animals like chickens, horses, sheep, birds that can fly or animate, maybe a sleeping cat?

•More rustic structures and building blocks for buildings etc, more in house decorations are always nice.

•More natural ground textures like the grass hills and grass planes, but for sand, snow, stone, gravel, bark, etc

•Lava flat plane texture similiar to water, the lava rivers we see in the Who will die arc?
•Rain/Snow/Ash that wont go through ceilings of buildings (if this possible) and will be active across an entire base

•More skies, maybe night only and day only option?

QoL / Base editor

•Fix the indoor/outdoor lighting dilemma

•Infinite water and maybe a way to put up boundaries so players can't go to the edge.

•Maybe a way to place things further away from rooms on the plot grid?

•Customizeable NPC / Vendor / Tailor / Nurse names and costumes. Maybe an emote or static pose to select for their default?

•More in base teleport beacons, 10 tp points can go quick

•The ability to name a teleport beacon - such as Living Room, Dining Room, Upper deck, observatory, etc etc

Just for Fun if its possible

•Clickeable plaques/base items that can lore and text boxes

•Maybe doors/switches/triggers that can open? Or at the very least openeable doors that can act like teleport points, could open up the potential for puzzle bases and mini games.

•The ability to use a teleport to link 2 bases using a passcode.

•Destructable base items similiar to mayhem missions

•Rikti Training dummies we can test our powers on, or maybe even a way to spawn npcs that give no reward? Like a training simulation

•PVP in base, like an On/Off switch?

Just a few ideas off the top of my head of things I would very much enjoy having down the road maybe.. if its possible.

Edited by KingofMonkeys
  • Like 1

Snow #3 appears to be absolutely huge in size - on the order of the Rough Water blocks.   For weather effects like these, I much prefer the sizes for every single other weather effect- which seem to be limited to the room at least. The Snow #3 definitely goes bigger then single rooms and goes up and down as well, so you can't place one on top or below unless it's very very far if you don't want it overlapping.  It's the only snow effect that I really like too, so it would be great if that could get fixed. Right now it's just far too big to be practical. 

I'd also like to see butterflies be tintable - or at least some other color then black!  While mourning cloak butterflies are nice, it would be much better to have some variety. Even if there were just one or two added if tinting is impossible  (anything not black). 

Tintable fish would be good.  And I'd love to see more types of fish. And I second the request for lily pads and lotuses.  Mangroves trees for lakeside areas would be a great thing.  We could make much better  swamp and pond areas with these things. Tintable mud for lake bottoms would be great. Everyone wants sand - and that might work for making it.  I also second the request for triangles!  With that, one could make curves and domes without suffering - something that is sorely lacking.

If the UI was a mouse scrollable list, that would make it so much easier to get to the category you want!  Or add a way to search for categories as well as for single items.  Having to manually click on each tab individually just to get to the one you want is very hard and clunky right now.  It isn't even in alphabetic order either.  It would be vastly better if the mouse scrolled categories until you choose one, THEN the mouse wheel goes through the item list! 

Having common animals like Dacy suggested - especially house pets would be awesome. House cats, not just lions and dogs smaller then the shepherd.  Birds for trees, frogs for ponds, bunnies in the woods.  All these things would be really good, but house cats I think would be #1. 

It would also be nice if using sky lighting didn't disable all manual light sources everywhere. Sky lighting is good for outside, but using it makes it really hard to control the lighting anywhere but the outside areas where you want it. The Inside base areas light as if there isn't any roof even when there is one, which generally makes things far too bright in those areas at least during the day.  Then at night it gets dim and the because light sources no longer work it doesn't look good inside.

Building top details like the A/C units and AC vents - as seen on top of practically every building in Atlas! 

NPCs that could be positioned with emotes instead of in a list. And pickable clothing categories for NPCs!  No more people wearing suits at the beach or pool!  

And like everyone else says, more portals and ones with actual names so you don't need a cheat sheet to figure out where things are. 

Glass windows that don't block all effects!  

And on probably a dream wish list, NPCs that you could create like the AE NPCs using the costume editor - or simply being able to add certain things like wings or horns.

• Like 1

Save/Load bases! May from DEMORECORD files for backward compatibility!

• Like 1

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

1 hour ago, LunaMaras said:

I would love to see some of the items, such as toilet paper holder, shower knob, etc. be made into wall items, right now you have to finagle them into place. Also 'invisible' portals would be awesome. 

I didn't have too much trouble assembling my showers; you just have to set "Attach to Wall" for the grips, knob, heads, etc. If what you mean is default these items to Wall... sure. Seems like a trivial database cleanup.

ETA: There are a lot of good base-building pages etc. but for a solid description of the keys, slash commands and temporary bindfile modifications, see Ref A.2 in the Guide (link below).

You can make portals nearly invisible by embedding them in walls, especially the dark swirly one (can't recall which name it has). The beacons can be similarly embedded within the wall or raised floor. You can experiment with how deeply to set them (or by putting things like tapestries over them) before they can't be clicked any more.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, LunaMaras said:

I would love to see some of the items, such as toilet paper holder, shower knob, etc. be made into wall items, right now you have to finagle them into place. Also 'invisible' portals would be awesome. 

Press the F5 and you can cycle through the different surfaces you can attach those items to.  Wall, surface, floor or ceiling.  Surface will attach an item to any surface, so you can attach a roll of toilet paper to the side of a sink or to a bathroom wall.

• Like 1

I've been training my whole life for this moment...

Imgur <--- Album of already existing assets that aren't available in the builder for whatever reason.

Please. Windows. Windows that aren't the ugly blue warehouse grids. And paintings of various sizes and designs.

Pretty please?

• Like 2

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

Of course, I put in my small list, go into game and base edit and get a bunch more ideas.

I have to say, I agree with a lot of people regarding the text. Different fonts would be great, but it's understandable that things can get pretty massive after a while (try opening Illustrator with over 300 fonts and watch it cry... and then crash your computer because Illustrator is a resource hog).

Grouping, saving bases, copying and pasting items (wasn't that a thing on live?) would also be great to have.

Aside from that, some other options;

• More windows!
  • Barbed wire you find on a lot of fences throughout Paragon and the Isles.
  • The store fronts for faux buildings.
  • Neon signs
  • History plaques or items like that which you can click on to get some information.
  • A popup upon entering the base which could give some vital information (setting vis_scale, what the rules of the base are, if there's an event going on, or anything else like that)
  • Scalable items (this might also help with the font issue, if you have an item like letters that you can scale, at least them you can make different sized signs)
  • Like 1

an object that just mutes all SFX sounds in the base from objects. No more noisy waterfalls and explosions.

Invisible walls objects of varying sizes to keep people from escaping the bounds of the map.

base exporting and importing. (If you build something cool, but an SG falls apart or splits ways, you can have your own copy of the base to do with as you please, or in case you break something and cant undo it)

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 4:49 AM, GM ColdSpark said:

What features would you most like added to the builder

1) the ability to rotate an inbound base portal (or teleport point for that matter) so that characters exit the base portal depending on which way the portal is facing.

2) When editing, a pointer on inbound base portals/teleport points that indicate which direction characters exit from the inbound portal.

On 1/24/2021 at 4:49 AM, GM ColdSpark said:

Are there specific broken items that need a tweak?

There are also some instances where when a character enters a base they run toward the base entry portal instead of away from it. (weird but true)

• Like 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.