Singularity slotting

SpookTheHerd

I love that little guy.
Up until now, I always 6-slotted Singularity with a pet-set-enhancment of some sort, but got to wondering, does that really play to it's greatest strengths?

So I tried 6 slotting it with the controller set Overpowering Pressence, particularly because I was curious about the Chance for Energy Font proc.

I wondered if, in effect, my pet would then be making it's own pets!

The main question I have in relation to this enhancement is how it triggers, especially because after a few days I haven't noticed it. I was hoping it would have a chance to trigger with all of Singularity's attacks, but am now wondering if it is only per the times I activate whichever power it is on (in this case summoning Singularity which is generally a one-and-done situation)?
Some clarification would be appreciated!

Secondly, how 'BOUT slotting Singularity? What are some of the best combos to enhance all of it's many strengths? I wouldn't mind 'frankenslotting' if it enhances multiple aspects of that beautiful glowing orb!

Edited by SpookTheHerd

I drawed things:

Gallery of my CoH Pantheon

AFAIK people tested this specifically for the joy of watching Singy have babies and it looked like Pets can't spawn the Orbs. It never triggers. 

A full set of Expedients for the Recharge and Ranged Def, or 4 Expedients with two slots to play with (you lose the Ranged Def bonus). One option is the Sudden Impact KB2KD a la Repel to turn him into a mobile knockdown patch. HAS to be the Sudden Impact though, the Universal Damage one won't work with his Repel.

Will of the Controller PROC should work with its controls but I haven't tested it. In fact you could slot 6 of those, but that'll nerf its non-proc damage. And since WotC has good bonuses all the way up you probably don't want to split it. I kept 6 WotC in my hold and 6 Expedients in Singy for max Ranged Def and Recharge bonuses. 6 Expedients also means the Resist aura which works well with Singy. 

• Like 1

IIRC, the EF proc only checks when you are actually summoning Singy. I could be mistaken and it never checks. Either way, useless. I have my singy slotted with 4 Expedients, a purple Dam/Acc and a damage proc. It is embarrassing how much of a better controller it is than my character. I have seen it, many times, hold an entire 4x8 ITF ambush at bay for quite a while until the rest of the team notices it.

• Like 1

The Sudden Acceleration KB to KD IO converts all of Singularities knockback to knockdown, including his Repel aura. If you can stand the sound effects, its worth trying. You can use Teleport Other to port Singularity right on top of folks or Wormhole them onto him for infinite laughs.

• Like 1

• 2 months later
25 minutes ago, Andreah said:

Does the Force Feedback +Recharge proc work in Singy?

Pets are unaffected by +Recharge buffs and debuffs, including self-generated ones. So Singy wouldn't get any benefit from you. The character should have a 90% chance to trigger the FF proc when they summon Singy, but that's a one-time buff for 5 seconds, so it's not worth the slot.

• Like 2

• 2 years later
On 1/28/2021 at 10:56 PM, oedipus_tex said:

The Sudden Acceleration KB to KD IO converts all of Singularities knockback to knockdown, including his Repel aura. If you can stand the sound effects, its worth trying. You can use Teleport Other to port Singularity right on top of folks or Wormhole them onto him for infinite laughs.

how does this work now that singy has inverse repel?

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen
yup singy still needs the io lol

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?