Powersets best on a Scrapper!

StriderIV

52 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

I do think dual blades is better than katana. Katana does have a nice party type power to boost m/l defense, but I don’t think it does as good of damage. At least not in my experience. The blinding feint + attack vitals combo also has the added benefit that your single target rotation also does decent AoE if you are surrounded by mobs. 

I don’t think katana is bad though. I do have a katana/Regen scrapper that I’m working on that I have been enjoying a lot. But why settle for one katana when you could have two 😜

I dunno. From my experience, Kat's ST damage is vastly superior to DB's, and I fight a lotta AVs. Plus Kat is just plain more freakishly crunchy and brutal. Hell, now I'm pondering a kat/bio scrap.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I dunno. From my experience, Kat's ST damage is vastly superior to DB's, and I fight a lotta AVs. Plus Kat is just plain more freakishly crunchy and brutal. Hell, now I'm pondering a kat/bio scrap.

Do you feel Kat/Bio scrap would be a premiere AV killer, after TW/Bio?

Or do you think Street Justice would be better in that regard?

I like both Kat and Street Justice, just wondering what the best secondaries for each would be when it comes to general content and fighting AV's.

51 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I did Katana/Rad and it works real while together

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

On 1/28/2021 at 4:23 PM, StriderIV said:

Nice! Not very familiar with Rad. Is it a primarily a resist type or defense type?

Resistance but I have it IO tot he gills so my s/l without DA is 47% 43% melee capped s/l resistance then you get the =tohit debuff from your aura and -def and +recharge so it kind of stacks up nicely

Edited by hejtmane
  • Like 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

10 minutes ago, hejtmane said:

Resistance but I have it IO tot he gills so my s/l without DA is 47% 43% melee capped s/l resistance then you get the =tohit debuff from your aura and -def and +recharge so it kond of stacks up nicely

Nice man. Just curious, how do you think this set up would run on a brute with their higher resist cap? I feel like a Katana/Rad brute is an AV killer that I never thought of haha

On 1/27/2021 at 7:26 PM, Nemu said:

Axe. Stalkers don't get it, tanks and brutes can't crit with it. Axe all the way.

Ninjitsu, better on scrappers because of the end recovery power and shinobi-ri

Regen - better on scrappers because quick recovery is not available on stalkers and shadow meld isn't available with brutes. Sentinels have a better version of regen though but if we are just comparing melee ATs regen is best on scrappers.

I would agree if they would EVER MAKE PENDULUM 10 TARGETS LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 9:25 PM, hejtmane said:

Katana/Rad  are great together <snippity-snip>

This.  Not knocking this combo for other ATs, but I wouldn't roll this on anything but a Scrapper.

Meltdown for scrappers has a higher damage bonus than Tanks/Brutes, so despite being "a Resist Set on a Scrapper" that one minor difference is actually huge.  That higher bonus inside Meltdown on top of the higher base AT damage makes it more effective that it seems at a glance.

GD gets a crit chance bonus on Scrappers, and while every AT can benefit from the combination of DA over a resist based armor, Scrappers are the only ones who can cycle Shadow Meld into the mix.

Stalkers might get the same as above, I always forget as I don't run them much.  But I have a hard time wrapping my brain around a radioactive stealth concept, so, yeah, Scrapper. 😄

<PS up> MD -> SM -> GZ -> RT -> LD -> and mop up the bosses.  Rinse and Repeat.

Very easy for it to go south fast against Incarnate Pantheon or Cims at high diffs and solo, but I mean really, at that point ... 🤣

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

2 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

This.  Not knocking this combo for other ATs, but I wouldn't roll this on anything but a Scrapper.

Meltdown for scrappers has a higher damage bonus than Tanks/Brutes, so despite being "a Resist Set on a Scrapper" that one minor difference is actually huge.  That higher bonus inside Meltdown on top of the higher base AT damage makes it more effective that it seems at a glance.

GD gets a crit chance bonus on Scrappers, and while every AT can benefit from the combination of DA over a resist based armor, Scrappers are the only ones who can cycle Shadow Meld into the mix.

Stalkers might get the same as above, I always forget as I don't run them much.  But I have a hard time wrapping my brain around a radioactive stealth concept, so, yeah, Scrapper. 😄

<PS up> MD -> SM -> GZ -> RT -> LD -> and mop up the bosses.  Rinse and Repeat.

Very easy for it to go south fast against Incarnate Pantheon or Cims at high diffs and solo, but I mean really, at that point ... 🤣

This is a great breakdown man, I appreciate it. I’ll admit, I was one of the ones that looked away from /Rad on a Scrapper due to it being a resist set.

I didn’t even THINK of the synergy of meltdown with a scrapper (and the fact that there is hardly a crash). It seems like this could be a great team build due to all the -def you’ll be pumping out, while also having pretty good ability to solo AV’s.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:04 PM, StriderIV said:

Definitely some good options so far. I had mentioned DM/SD. Is that still a solid choice?

DM/SD is good and solid.

DM/Super Reflexes can be better depending on your goals - fewer toggles and easier to soft-cap leaves room for more pool or Epic powers, or different IO strategy. Plus better defense debuff resistance plus scaling damage resistance makes for a very durable Scrapper. And you don't have to work your costume around having a shield. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StriderIV said:

I didn’t even THINK of the synergy of meltdown with a scrapper (and the fact that there is hardly a crash). It seems like this could be a great team build due to all the -def you’ll be pumping out, while also having pretty good ability to solo AV’s.

It's easy to bail on T9's since so many of them are anywhere from irrelevant to out-right bad.  I built Kat/Rad/Soul originally for AV soloing, so I was looking for health/endurance tools, but when I saw the dmg bonus I was sold.  To be fair, when I was rolling him I don't think I considered other armors anyway.  Backstory and all that.

Still, being able to get into the high 300% dmg bonus with BU, Gaussians, MD, Assault Hybrid Core T4 (85% when full), and assorted set bonuses before outside buffs or red skittles is very effective against AVs.  Cue the "Lotta Damage" meme. 😄

Which kinda makes me want to circle back around and clean up his build, once I get back some free time to spend in game.  Got very sidetracked by my Psi/SD for a long while, which is not something I'd recommend to everyone even though I have stupid amounts of shameless fun with mine. 😛

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thanks 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

37 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Which kinda makes me want to circle back around and clean up his build, once I get back some free time to spend in game.  Got very sidetracked by my Psi/SD for a long while, which is not something I'd recommend to everyone even though I have stupid amounts of shameless fun with mine. 😛

I don’t know what you're talking about. Besides waiting till 32 for your aoe its an insanely good combo. Especially cause you can also get that 5% ranged defense bonus from the purple set off boggle.

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

It's easy to bail on T9's since so many of them are anywhere from irrelevant to out-right bad.  I built Kat/Rad/Soul originally for AV soloing, so I was looking for health/endurance tools, but when I saw the dmg bonus I was sold.  To be fair, when I was rolling him I don't think I considered other armors anyway.  Backstory and all that.

Still, being able to get into the high 300% dmg bonus with BU, Gaussians, MD, Assault Hybrid Core T4 (85% when full), and assorted set bonuses before outside buffs or red skittles is very effective against AVs.  Cue the "Lotta Damage" meme. 😄

Haha on the Psi/SD, that does sound like a good time. I have 2 shield tankers, and the Psi blades always seemed awesome to me.

I have to tell you, I was going to run a Jedi themed scrapper with Katana/Nin, but you might have sold me on /Rad as the secondary, especially for fighting AV’s.

If you HAPPEN to have a build lying around, I wouldn’t mind seeing it =P

The only question I ask when choosing a secondary for a scrapper is whether or not it has a taunt aura because not all of them do. Due to scrapper's high base damage I also prefer armor sets that increase offense. This typically leaves me choosing between Bio and Shield for scrappers. Fiery aura sadly does not have a taunt component for scrappers, which imo, makes it unusable, and better played as a tank or brute. Melee choice is really just choosing your flavor. 

• Like 1

Currently on fire.

8 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

The only question I ask when choosing a secondary for a scrapper is whether or not it has a taunt aura because not all of them do. Due to scrapper's high base damage I also prefer armor sets that increase offense. This typically leaves me choosing between Bio and Shield for scrappers. Fiery aura sadly does not have a taunt component for scrappers, which imo, makes it unusable, and better played as a tank or brute. Melee choice is really just choosing your flavor. 

Yeah this is REALLY dumb that all scrapper versions don't taunt. Especially chilling embrace on ice armor, this definitely should have a taunt component and pretty sure it used to.

But even by today's standards, the ones on scrappers that DO taunt, are the auto hit auras (not dot ones), which chilling embrace IIRC now is the only one that doesn't taunt for some dumb reason, like not even a little it's really frustrating.

• Like 1

Claws is amazing and goes well with any armor set except shield obviously.  Fast paced high damage, with some medium range attack, knockback(down), and decent ae. 

That said the new scrapper energy melee is nuts. And I'm having a ton of fun with it. 

• Like 3

On 2/8/2021 at 9:55 AM, Rokkeb said:

That said the new scrapper energy melee is nuts.

I have been seeing some really impressive damage output from EA/Fire scrappers here and there. I'd roll one myself, but for my passionate dislike of any powerset that takes away from me seeing my character.  Also: FWOOSH FWOOSH FWOOSH

But seriously: Build Up & Fiery Embrace into  Total Focus > Energy Transfer > Bone Smasher > Energy Transfer (assuming a crit on TF for two charges)  results in some big numbers.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I have been seeing some really impressive damage output from EA/Fire scrappers here and there. I'd roll one myself, but for my passionate dislike of any powerset that takes away from me seeing my character.  Also: FWOOSH FWOOSH FWOOSH

But seriously: Build Up & Fiery Embrace into  Total Focus > Energy Transfer > Bone Smasher > Energy Transfer (assuming a crit on TF for two charges)  results in some big numbers.  

Honestly don't even need that, just run bio and dmg stance. No need to worry about frontloading a combo when you're just nonstop delivering mayhem. I don't think I've ever had a character with as much raw, and consistent single target output as energy/bio. I'm 50 now and started running MSRs and BAFs and stuff while unlocking incarnates and stuff just melts to him. Makes my broadsword stalker look like a chump, who has massive crits on demand. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dsrghrom said:

Neon Blade - Katana - Radiation Armor.mxd 5.19 kB · 0 downloads

My Kat/Rad scrapper. I like it alot has good aoe with Rad Therapy, Lotus drops and ground Zero.

My build could probably use an update, but with this i can solo most at 4/8.

I think elec/SD will word good too, but you ST damage will be low.

Appreciate this man! Mids isn’t working on my Mac 😕 do you have this extracted by chance so you could paste it?

6 hours ago, Rokkeb said:

Honestly don't even need that, just run bio and dmg stance. No need to worry about frontloading a combo when you're just nonstop delivering mayhem. I don't think I've ever had a character with as much raw, and consistent single target output as energy/bio. I'm 50 now and started running MSRs and BAFs and stuff while unlocking incarnates and stuff just melts to him. Makes my broadsword stalker look like a chump, who has massive crits on demand. 

You mind sharing your build? I have an EM/EA Stalker who I love. EM/Bio scrapper could be solid as well