Favorite sub-optimal power?

ninja surprise

15 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I've got one speedster with whirlwind. I use it as an attack instead of a toggle. Toggleon, send the spawn flyin, toggleoff, shadow maul, flurry, sands of mu, sprint on all the time, extra run speed from IOs. I don't play her much, but she is amusing.

Now it's KB to KD IO and +recharge procs. I haven't seen someone use Whirlwind without them on HC. Same for Repel.

EDIT: I forgot some players use Repel to knock mobs into the bowl on MSRs.

Edited by Rejolt
  • Like 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

3 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Whirlwind lol I love it.

I see you are a disciple of SPIN.

Preach the Gospel of SPIN!

• Like 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

15 hours ago, Troo said:

Fearsome Stare.

Fearsome Stare is sub optimal?!?  o_O

A relatively huge cone fear (non scattering fear IME) with sizeable tohit debuff and a fast activation that you can use as an opener to shut down a spawn while you get your other debuffs rolling?

Yes please, I'll take 3!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

Forgot one!  Rain of Arrows, for that embarrassed yet bemused "well, it would've been cool" feeling.

RoA is hardly useless, though it may be AT dependent.  On my Blaster, I love it since there's just enough delay on the power dealing damage that I can also deliver a 4.5x Sniper shot to the boss in the group.  My only gripe with the power is that it alerts enemies simply by placing the rain, and when they're out of range of you, they tend to run out of the rain patch.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

30 minutes ago, Nemu said:

I see you are a disciple of SPIN.

Preach the Gospel of SPIN!

By the grace and glory of SPIN!

Hallujah unto SPIN as SPIN guides me this day, may thy speed and knockback comfort me.

Amen in SPIN name.

• Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

RoA is hardly useless, though it may be AT dependent.

That's fair.  My experience with it was on a Kin/Archery defender.  Pop Fulcrum Shift on a speed-boosted team, tap RoA to take advantage of the damage boost, and by the time your animation ends, everything's KO'ed and your team is ten miles away.

Meanwhile, a sad trombone plays in the distance...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Brawl.  I can't think of a better way to humiliate your enemy than to finish him off with a bop on the nose.

If you have a bow, it's a heel to the crotch.  And yes, it is ever so satisfying.

For all of you sad little people who don't use bows, it's the same animation as Kick (Fighting pool).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

51 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

That's fair.  My experience with it was on a Kin/Archery defender.  Pop Fulcrum Shift on a speed-boosted team, tap RoA to take advantage of the damage boost, and by the time your animation ends, everything's KO'ed and your team is ten miles away.

My archer really felt like a star from about level 35 to the late 40s, nuking every spawn where nobody else could. Then after level 50 when all the other blasters get enough recharge they can almost nuke every spawn too, and their nuke lands SO much faster... the amount of corpse blasting is frustrating.

1 hour ago, eknudson said:

My archer really felt like a star from about level 35 to the late 40s, nuking every spawn where nobody else could. Then after level 50 when all the other blasters get enough recharge they can almost nuke every spawn too, and their nuke lands SO much faster... the amount of corpse blasting is frustrating.

Rain of Arrows likely needs a secondary effect like a chance to immobilize.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

59 minutes ago, Supertanker said:

I don't know if it's "sub-optimal" but most Super Strength builds I see skip Handclap even though it's really useful leveling up. Don't just stand there letting enemies debuff you, smack em down!

Oh yeah, I love that one and the Electric Melee's Lightning Clap.  And Thunder clap from Storm @Drazah Krad mentioned at the top of the thread. Everyone gets the Clap!

I put a KB to KD in there with a ton of Acc/Rech and clap like T-Swift is on the stage.

Edited by ninja surprise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

Oh yeah, I love that one and the Electric Melee's Lightning Clap.  And Thunder clap from Storm @Drazah Krad mentioned at the top of the thread. Everyone gets the Clap!

I put a KB to KD in there with a ton of Acc/Rech and clap like T-Swift is on the stage.

Meanwhile my Earth/Storm will Stalagmite, Thunder Clap and Fissure you into stunned submission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Supertanker said:

I don't know if it's "sub-optimal" but most Super Strength builds I see skip Handclap even though it's really useful leveling up. Don't just stand there letting enemies debuff you, smack em down!

I took it on my Brute.  SA KB>KD, Explosive Strike and Perfrect Zinger Procs, FF +Recharge, and an IO Accuracy.  Good crowd damage for a set that gets it later than it should and the slight mitigation from everyone being on their ass for a moment is nice.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 3

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

11 hours ago, Rejolt said:

Honorable mention - Voltaic Sentinel.

I have an elec/elec blaster, and I'm SO thinking of dropping voltaic sentinel with a respec. I want to like it, but 60 seconds isn't a long time. 

But then I grew to love using MOG. I giggle when what damage from an alpha gets through heals in one tick.

And yes. We NEED a whip set. I wonder if you could burgle some animation from the CoT guys with the tongues to fill that out.

Power Push

Anything that does confuse

• Like 2

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

6 hours ago, NihilXAOS said:

I have an elec/elec blaster, and I'm SO thinking of dropping voltaic sentinel with a respec. I want to like it, but 60 seconds isn't a long time. 

But then I grew to love using MOG. I giggle when what damage from an alpha gets through heals in one tick.

And yes. We NEED a whip set. I wonder if you could burgle some animation from the CoT guys with the tongues to fill that out.

Make sparky like Galvanic Sentinel. Longer duration but it's an entity with HP. Also, a minor aoe like static discharge every 10 seconds or so.

• Like 1

Practically every power listed I use liberally in any of my builds except maybe Whirlwind and Galvanic Sentinel (only have a MM /shock character).

I'd like to like Black Hole but it's not very friendly but I do like Dimension Shift.  Such a nifty little tool.  You can create a choke point for an ambush (double points if there are foes already inside the choke point to group them up), or drop it on yourself when you don't want to be bothered for a few seconds (I'll just grab this clicky over here and there's nothing you can do).  Can also use it like a temporary trash can to dump (wormhole) foes into and keep them in place.  If people waste their AoEs, no biggie, 3-5 other teammates have plenty of AoEs to cover that.  And a slight miscalculation can be canceled since it's a toggle.

• Like 1