Favorite sub-optimal power?

ninja surprise

On 2/10/2021 at 6:51 PM, merrypessimist said:

The Crab Bomb power.  Love it, it's a hilarious animation, but it takes so damn long to do anything I can't justify actually taking it.

Is that the one where a glowing red Arachnos-themed bomb appears to float in the air and spin as the energy levels builds to explosion a few seconds later?  I was just doing some Striga stuff with this week-end and played with a guy dropping those and I have to say, I don't blame you, that did look fun.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

That's one of the reasons I take Elude from Super Reflexes - double backflip suckas! can't touch me!

You remind me that Claws (and Widow)/Eviscerate and Spines/Ripper might also fit here.  Totally sweet animations for high damage, but that animation sure does take a day-and-a-half to complete.  Similar problem with Kinetic/Concentrated Strike, though Eviscerate and Ripper sure beat that power in the coolness factor.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

18 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Is that the one where a glowing red Arachnos-themed bomb appears to float in the air and spin as the energy levels builds to explosion a few seconds later?  I was just doing some Striga stuff with this week-end and played with a guy dropping those and I have to say, I don't blame you, that did look fun.

That's the one indeed.  My Live crab spider took it Just Because, but when I recreated her on Homecoming I ran the math and got better numbers for both defense and DPS by dropping it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AkuTenshiiZero said:

Seeds of Confusion.  Yes, it reduces EXP/INF rewards, but I get to sit back and cackle with villainous glee as my enemies beat each other senseless.

seeds is not a sub-optimal power and no it increases EXP/INF gain over time EXP/INF per enemy is lowered killspeed is drasticly increased frankly this power and creepers make plant tick the rest is fodder

10 hours ago, PainX said:

seeds is not a sub-optimal power and no it increases EXP/INF gain over time EXP/INF per enemy is lowered killspeed is drasticly increased frankly this power and creepers make plant tick the rest is fodder

I've gotten complaints in the past about it, I really don't know what the general thoughts are on it at this point.