Anyone run a DP/Time?

Jawbreaker

Might be one of the best synergies in the game at this stage.  Time gives all of the buff/debuff you need so that you don't have to slot your blast powerset for set bonuses, which allows you to slot an abundance of procs, and Dual Pistols offers some of the heaviest proc slotting capacity of any blast set.  It may perform better on a defender due to higher buff/debuff numbers, but it will still work very, very well on a corruptor.  Search the defender forum specifically if you need build examples, they will build very similarly either way, the primary difference will be Corruptors will have a harder time reaching incarnate defense levels that defenders can reach, but with Power Boost or Power Build Up, it doesn't really matter much.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Dark Dove said:

Might be one of the best synergies in the game at this stage.  Time gives all of the buff/debuff you need so that you don't have to slot your blast powerset for set bonuses, which allows you to slot an abundance of procs, and Dual Pistols offers some of the heaviest proc slotting capacity of any blast set.  It may perform better on a defender due to higher buff/debuff numbers, but it will still work very, very well on a corruptor.  Search the defender forum specifically if you need build examples, they will build very similarly either way, the primary difference will be Corruptors will have a harder time reaching incarnate defense levels that defenders can reach, but with Power Boost or Power Build Up, it doesn't really matter much.

Oh wow that sounds like a blast, thank you I will look into it

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

1 hour ago, Dark Dove said:

Compared to what?  And functionally which powerset (if not both) is the culprit of this damage deficiency, and why?

I don't recall hitting the ST DPS I wanted.  AOE, sure, I was fine with.   PBAOE, Targeted AOE, Cone...and the Targeted AOE came back fast enough, I could live without the cone (Empty Clips) truthfully, but I love it's animation.

Sure, there's the other cone, but it's so narrow, may as well be ST.

2 hours ago, BrandX said:

I don't recall hitting the ST DPS I wanted.  AOE, sure, I was fine with.   PBAOE, Targeted AOE, Cone...and the Targeted AOE came back fast enough, I could live without the cone (Empty Clips) truthfully, but I love it's animation.

Sure, there's the other cone, but it's so narrow, may as well be ST.

I found adding a fully proc-slotted Suppressive Fire to the ST chain to really make a big difference, it's a heavy hitter.  I don't think the narrow cone in Piercing Rounds is that great but I could be wrong, I'm not sure, I've never really put it to use much because of the animation time.  I think Empty Clips is okay, it would probably be better with some range slotting but I never manage to find extra room for that, so I agree I could probably go without it too.  I guess with enough FF proc slotting Empty Clips might be less useful in general.

8 hours ago, Dark Dove said:

I found adding a fully proc-slotted Suppressive Fire to the ST chain to really make a big difference, it's a heavy hitter.  I don't think the narrow cone in Piercing Rounds is that great but I could be wrong, I'm not sure, I've never really put it to use much because of the animation time.  I think Empty Clips is okay, it would probably be better with some range slotting but I never manage to find extra room for that, so I agree I could probably go without it too.  I guess with enough FF proc slotting Empty Clips might be less useful in general.

Don't even need FF proc slotting.