13. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

14. 2001: A Space Odyssey

15. Monty Python's Life of Brian

16 Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan

17. The Outlaw Josey Wales

18. Escape From New York

19. Highlander

20. Twelve Monkeys

There are far too many great movies to fit in such a small list, as such my list is incomplete and I'm sure I missed some greats that belong in my top 20 but which don't come to mind at the moment.

I seriously considered just listing all of the MCU movies, but those are in a class all to themselves...

What, me worry?

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

What did you think of the tv shows?  I enjoyed the Highlander show (haven't seen it in years) but never tried the Twelve Monkeys tv show

Man I loved the Highlander series.  Always thought Adrian Paul would've made a decent James Bond.  

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 1:36 PM, DougGraves said:

What did you think of the tv shows?  I enjoyed the Highlander show (haven't seen it in years) but never tried the Twelve Monkeys tv show

I thought the Highlander series was better than the movie, although the movie was a great stand-alone movie for what it was. If there can be only one, may it be Duncan MacLeod, for he was just a better person than Connor. Don't ever, ever watch Highlander 2 unless you're planning to riff on it MST3K-style. Probably not even then.

I still mean to watch the 12 Monkeys TV show, but that movie still blows me away. Bruce Willis reacting to Fats Domino's "Blueberry Hill" always brings a tear to my eye. Seems like I catch something new every time I watch it. Gotta love Terry Gilliam.

• Thanks 1

What, me worry?

Order and Inclusion Changes with my Mood, but some of my standby favorites:

Gattaca

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

The Princess Bride

Marvel Film of the Week

Mars Attacks!

Star Trek 2: Wrath of Kahn

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

007 Goldfinger

Star Trek: First Contact

Monty Python's The Holy Grail: Pink Frilly Curtains Edition with 12 seconds of additional footage ( the original version was awful )

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

2001: A Space Odyssey

Aliens

Blade Runner

Silent Running

Blazing Saddles

Escape from New York

Edward Scissorhands

The Addams Family

Something about Mary

Star Wars

LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring

Jurassic Park

Interstellar

Space Balls

and on and on and on........

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• 3 months later

In no particular order, but The Valley of Gwangi has been my favorite movie since I first saw it back in 1969 --

The Valley of Gwangi
Jaws
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
Bringing Up Baby
The Big Sleep
The Maltese Falcon
Casablanca
The Princess Bride
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
The Creature From The Black Lagoon
The Blob (1958)
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Pulp Fiction
Darby O'Gill And The Little People
Destroy All Monsters
Iron Man
Kung Fu Panda

Dang, I keep thinking of more. Like, The Incredible Mr. Limpet and Coraline and... aiee.

On 1/30/2021 at 12:41 PM, TemporalVileTerror said:

Casablanca blows Citizen Kane outta the water.  I get that Kane pioneered a lot of stuff in a filmic sense . . . but Casablanca is just entirely more watchable, and has an ending that feels satisfying.  

And the sequel to Princess Bride is Once Upon A Deadpool.

Just saw this, and yes,  I find Casablanca more enjoyable than Citizen Kane.  There's a few of the older classics that everyone fawns over that I've seen and cannot understand the hype.  Maltese Falcon was another like that.  I thought for sure that would be fantastic, and I ended up feeling bored, and like the movie was lacking something.

On 2/2/2021 at 11:36 PM, Heraclea said:

Being older, I would have suggested Barbarella and Black Sunday.  Maybe Forbidden Planet and The Blob.  Needs a Steve Reeves movie too; my suggestion would be Goliath and the Barbarians.

I'd agree with you on Forbidden Planet.  I'd add The Day The Earth Stood Still to that one.

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Maltese Falcon was another like that.  I thought for sure that would be fantastic, and I ended up feeling bored, and like the movie was lacking something.

Whereas the Thin Man movies hold up very well

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Techwright said:

I'd agree with you on Forbidden Planet.  I'd add The Day The Earth Stood Still to that one.

Also an excellent choice.  Have not seen mentioned, but belongs: The Wicker Man.  (The original, of course.)

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291