Fire Armor/Ice Melee: the hidden gem.

Sovera

16 hours ago, Hjarki said:

Cross Punch has basically the same dpa as Frozen Fists, although it is an AE with some supplemental benefits. It does not appear to receive arc/radius buffs from being a Tanker. So you're spending 2 powers (you have to take Boxing/Kick to access Tough/Weave anyway) to get what you already have for the most part.

Gloom on the other hand, is an amazing single target attack than can dramatically boost single target dps.

So according to Mids, FF has a DPA 33.45 and Cross Punch is 43.34, is that basically the same?  What numbers are you referring to?  Plus if you are a tank, it will be tough not to hit more then one enemy with Cross Punch.   It also gives a home for +recharge proc in build that doesn't have any other options for it,  in addition to the inherent bonuses.  I never said you couldn't take Gloom too, which my Fire/Ice tank has by the way, along with Cross Punch.   

On 2/5/2021 at 5:00 PM, eknudson said:

I checked on my SR/Ice tank. Right now, I have 4 superior blistering cold in freezing touch, plus two purple damage procs. My recharge is only at 49.7%, unfortunately. But, according to MIDS that power currently does 88.6 damage per second as slotted.  If I switch to that slotting for full acc/dam/rech slotting in the first 5 and just one purple proc, MIDS says my dps drops down to 78.  Hitting more often, but enough less hard that it doesn't make up the difference. Those epic damage procs hit hard.

More recharge in FT does mean I can stack holds and hold bosses, but if I have to choose between holding bosses and killing them faster, I'm going with the latter for this build. 

As I said, you could still put your the other purple proc somewhere else like Ice Sword for example.  But I don't play the game to min/max to get the best pylon times.  Playing in teams 30+ everything dies so fast anyway, having my best powers available more often is more important to me.

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Terminus said:

So according to Mids, FF has a DPA 33.45 and Cross Punch is 43.34, is that basically the same?  What numbers are you referring to?  Plus if you are a tank, it will be tough not to hit more then one enemy with Cross Punch.   It also gives a home for +recharge proc in build that doesn't have any other options for it,  in addition to the inherent bonuses.  I never said you couldn't take Gloom too, which my Fire/Ice tank has by the way, along with Cross Punch.   

As I said, you could still put your the other purple proc somewhere else like Ice Sword for example.  But I don't play the game to min/max to get the best pylon times.  Playing in teams 30+ everything dies so fast anyway, having my best powers available more often is more important to me.

Mid's numbers are a bit sketchy these days. In most cases, you have to look at the in-game numbers to confirm the Mid's ones. In the case of Cross Punch, you have to actually build a character and test it.