WandaVision

Spoiler

Okay, so if I can speculate, I think what we're seeing is Wanda being manipulated by something or someone who has an interest in forcing her power to grow, thereby prying open the multiverse for reasons unknown.  If I had to speculate further, I'd say possible Enchantress or The Beyonder, neither of whom have appeared in the MCU yet.  Possibly Dr. Doom, as well.  I think when the dust settles on Phase 4, the MCU will permanently not look the same.   Wanda's origins will likely get scrambled, and we may get more of the Fox actors back in their roles.  I'd love to see some characters "reborn", but that depends on whether Wanda's statement on not resurrecting the dead extends to other universes.  Even if it does, who's to say they're not plucked from a time before their death and altered to fit a new reality?

This a multiverse merger also leaves the door open for an alt-Iron Man and an alt-Steve Rogers at some point, recast most likely.  Not duplicates, but ones where we get to compare and contrast similarities and differences between the two version.

Of course, with the "astronaut program" comment a few episodes back, we now have almost everything needed to launch the Fantastic Four.

I'm stoked!

3 hours ago, Mr. Vee said:

There's a perfectly good spoiler button you could use - it's the eyeball. 

Hide contents

I'm now convinced the entire TV show reality idea was just so they could use the 'recast' line.

How do you do that?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

2 hours ago, Techwright said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Okay, so if I can speculate, I think what we're seeing is Wanda being manipulated by something or someone who has an interest in forcing her power to grow, thereby prying open the multiverse for reasons unknown.  If I had to speculate further, I'd say possible Enchantress or The Beyonder, neither of whom have appeared in the MCU yet.  Possibly Dr. Doom, as well.  I think when the dust settles on Phase 4, the MCU will permanently not look the same.   Wanda's origins will likely get scrambled, and we may get more of the Fox actors back in their roles.  I'd love to see some characters "reborn", but that depends on whether Wanda's statement on not resurrecting the dead extends to other universes.  Even if it does, who's to say they're not plucked from a time before their death and altered to fit a new reality?

This a multiverse merger also leaves the door open for an alt-Iron Man and an alt-Steve Rogers at some point, recast most likely.  Not duplicates, but ones where we get to compare and contrast similarities and differences between the two version.

Of course, with the "astronaut program" comment a few episodes back, we now have almost everything needed to launch the Fantastic Four.

I'm stoked!

ok with it!!!

I see this show exploring what if the kubler-ross-but-powered-by-the-energy-creation????! to tie in storylines and plot points from the comics AND the mcu. Its practically a horror film, with wanda's desperate sinister side showing just what can happen in the world without any damned jewelry! Personally I've liked every ep, including the first two which were totally disorienting and immersive (as it should be) but with  little cracks in the logic that lead to cracks in existential prepositions that lead to chaos revealing and undoing itself....its great. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

How do you do that?

All the options that appear above when you're replying like bold and italics and such. On the second row there's an eye icon that you click for spoilers. You can even do spoiler within a spoiler. Just click below the box if you want to add something below the spoiler hidden bit.

• Thanks 1

I'd say that...

Spoiler

The "wrong" Pietro's there in part to tie into the multiverse they're introducing (have introduced) in the movies.

Also wondering how much of the "multiverse of madness" title ties into Wanda going nuts...

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

People are overthinking (or maybe wishful-thinking?) it.

The show was very careful to establish in that same episode that 

Spoiler

Wanda needs a body to bring someone back to life.

and that

Spoiler

she doesn't create new things or "pull them in from other dimensions" or whatever, she just modifies what's already in Westview (Monica's clothes).

She HAD to 

Spoiler

recast Pietro,

because 

Spoiler

unlike Vision, she doesn't have his literal corpse there inside the Hex bubble to reanimate.

He's not really

Spoiler

some alternate-universe version of her brother,

he's basically just

Spoiler

another Norm.

His driver's license will be up on Jimmy Woo's board with all the others soon enough.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Spoiler

The twins seem to be a power unto themselves.

Monica mentioned that Tommy and Billy were "Wanda's" which means either she created the twins out of nothing, or they are something else entirely.  The multiple age ups, and Wanda pleading with the boys not to do it again, suggests that the boys  can control reality in the Hex.  Remember that the babies also resisted Wanda's attempt to use her powers to put them to sleep early in the episode.  Maybe this is their way of testing whether family really is forever.

Also, it would be cool if the aerospace engineer friend of Monica's was Dr. Adam Brashear, aka Blue Marvel, who was a colleague of Monica's in the comics.

I'm enjoying the show.  something different and I'm liking how MCU getting expanded through these.  I think Wanda knows what's going on but she's being coerced in some way.  Someone promised her to bring Vision back if she does something for them in return. 

I've only seen to Ep5, but...

Spoiler

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 2/8/2021 at 3:32 AM, RebornRose said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The twins seem to be a power unto themselves.

Monica mentioned that Tommy and Billy were "Wanda's" which means either she created the twins out of nothing, or they are something else entirely.  The multiple age ups, and Wanda pleading with the boys not to do it again, suggests that the boys  can control reality in the Hex.  Remember that the babies also resisted Wanda's attempt to use her powers to put them to sleep early in the episode.  Maybe this is their way of testing whether family really is forever.

Also, it would be cool if the aerospace engineer friend of Monica's was Dr. Adam Brashear, aka Blue Marvel, who was a colleague of Monica's in the comics.

Actually, I'm beginning to strongly believe:

Spoiler

The aerospace engineer is Reed Richards, a.k.a.  Mr. Fantastic of the Fantastic Four.  There was an earlier reference to an astronaut program SWORD was trying to staff, and exploratory astronaut was the position where Reed got his powers.  Also, the Fantastic Four has been linked to a comic character that many feel is the real name of Agnes in Wandavision.

1 hour ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

What?
Really?
No one?

It's Friday.  I figured -someone- would post something.

Like a certain stroll past a certain avenue.

Best episode yet, and I thought episode 5 was pretty awesome.   Just got done watching it and several reactions on YouTube.

Spoiler

I do agree with several on the internet...SWORD should have quit clowning around and called in the heavy hitters by now. 

I confess I'm mystified by the movie marquee selection.  Clearly "The Incredibles" and "Parent Trap" hint at something, but other than the fact that one is about a superhero family and the other is focused on twins, I'm at a loss to explain their inclusion, since they were released years apart.

Evan Peters was a hoot this episode.  I do hope their plans include him in the MCU for the foreseeable future.

I lost it at the classic blue-gray outfit with duct-tape lightening bolt and fluffed hair.

I believe the failed escape tonight strengthens parts of a theory put forth by IGN.  I'll explain in the next spoiler.

I now know of a handful of known Marvel villains who might be manipulating Wanda.  Sadly, the list seems to be growing rather than narrowing. Of course, it is still possible that its all Wanda, as Monica once said. 

Monica said "he" in regards to her astro engineer buddy.  This should disprove a few theories out there of a "she" being the engineer.

Unless they're implying he was informed off-screen (rather weak), how did Pietro know Vision had previously died? 

220px-Dramatic_Chipmunk.png

IGN theory thoughts:

Spoiler

IGN has posted a theory that among other points suggest that Wanda pulled another Mind Stone from another universe to resurrect Vision.  However, Marvel comics' rules of the multiverse state that infinity stones only work in their own universe, so Wanda has created a pocket connection to that universe to keep Vision alive.  Vision then is a product of the second universe, and has no knowledge of previous events in Wanda's native universe.  Exiting the "Hex" would destroy him, which seemingly we very nearly saw tonight.  IGN goes on to point out that the comics also state that continued overlap of two universes would destabilize both eventually destroying them.  The only way for them to survive would be via merger.  This might be the next Doctor Strange movie, but for now, per the theory, we may be looking at an alternate mind stone and a resulting havoc due to its limitations.

Here is the full IGN theory, should you wish to know more:

https://www.ign.com/articles/wandavision-theory-the-mind-stone-is-the-key-to-everything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saw the last one and...Crossover? I mean, they wouldn't need a Full one, but it sure hints.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Ever have one of those nights where your subconscious works so hard on a problem that it wakes you up?  Yeah, that happened Friday night.  I went back and re-watched portions of all 6 episodes to see if the ol' subconscious was onto something.  I may be 100% wrong, but it is a rather interesting knitting of characters' comments, and visual clues.  It's somewhat long, too, so sorry about that, should you choose to read it.

First, a brief observation about Agnes:

Spoiler

Agnes wears the same brooch in almost every scene she's in, regardless of what outfit she's wearing.  The only times I've not found it was when she was wearing her jazzercise outfit, and when she was wearing her Halloween costume.  It's hard to see detail with my monitor's resolution, but the brooch appears to have 3 white humanoid figures on it in something of a huddle.  This suggests a classic stance of three witches that sometimes show up in literature, such as Shakespeare's Macbeth, or possibly the three Fates of Greek mythology.  Why it is not with her on two costumes, I'm not sure, and what meaning it has, I don't know.

My subconsciousness' crazy, incomplete theory.  Be aware there may be some comics character names dropped you might not yet have heard:

Spoiler

I'm no longer in agreement with a common perception on the internet, that is, that Agnes is a villain.  After re-watching several parts of the series through episode 6, Agnes appears to be trying to help.

This reworking of my theories is going to make some assumptions:

1. Agnes, as many on the internet have suggested is Agatha Harkness.  There's a host of reasons for that, but not my focus at the moment.  Agatha Harkness, from what I've read about the comics, appears as a helper to others, aiding the Fantastic Four in notable ways.  I understand she played a prominent role in comic book Wanda's training.

2. There is a master manipulator involved, and likely he/she is parasitic in nature.  The currently prominent theory I'm hearing is Mephisto, and there's been some good reasons given for that.  I'll work with that for the moment.

Agnes shows when Wanda needs help, not always realized by Wanda.  Agnes acts as a stabilizing force.  For example, in Episode 5, Agnes shows up when the twin babies are crying uncontrollably.  She then sprays "lavender" on them as a calming effect.  I suspect this is a misdirection, and she's actually using a potion, possibly a protection potion.  She also cracks a joke about being a tiger, and then what do we see in the kitchen a short time later, but a prominent tiger toy, which I noticed the camera goes out of its way at times to frame it in the shot.  It is the only animal toy on the table.  All others are things like toy cars, so the tiger is even more prominent without a menagerie around it. What the tiger is meant to be, I've yet to figure out, but I wonder if it might be a ward of some kind, possibly a communications tool.

Scenes that play straightforward take a different hue if considering Agnes as a protector.  Here's my thinking:

A parasite is trying to leech off Wanda's power.  (This very well may be hinted at in the creepy "YoMagic" commercial.)  To placate Wanda, so that its power feeding might continue, it is giving her exactly what she wants: a sense of home and family.  Wanda is going along with it, to the point of fighting all attempts by the outside to reach her.  Somehow, Agnes got involved and is trying to protect Wanda (and her kids?), within the framework of Wanda's "vision".  The parasite very much wants to be in Wanda's home. Why? Because the home is the visual representation of Wanda's core, the greatest concentration of her power.  But like a vampire it needs to be allowed in, not forced in.  It first starts draining the infants, causing them to cry uncontrollably. ( I admit that's a shaky point since I see no point of entry) Agnes shows up and feigns an awkward script failure to plant the suggestion to Wanda that Wanda wants Agnes to hold the infants.  Agnes then sprays a protective potion on them calling it "lavender".  Protected, they now advance in age (though I'm not sure who triggered that.)  So the parasite disguises itself as a dog "crying outside" the door.  The kids hear it and bring it inside. Agnes is alerted to it when Wanda is (via the tiger?), and brings a dog house, possibly a trap for the parasite, but it doesn't take the bait, and no one tries to put the dog inside.  So the dog house just sits there.  Agnes then picks up the dog and holds it so that Wanda and the kids can't do so anymore, at least while she's there.  

Later, after Agnes has left, probably because it would look awkward otherwise, the dog races to the door and starts barking, alerting Wanda to the drone, something the parasite would not want interfering in its feeding session.  Wanda deals with the drone and warns SWORD.  While she is away, Agnes somehow gets hold of the dog, and finds the way to end it.  This doesn't end the magic parasite, just the form it was stealing.  Agnes intended to bury it, but is caught out and sells a story of the dog eating poisonous leaves.  Agnes becomes surprised and nervous when one of the kids asks Wanda to resurrect the dog, because she's afraid of what the parasite might do if it has it's host again.

The parasite then attempts a new tactic.  Just as Vision's arguments to Wanda are beginning to get her to really think about what is going on, the doorbell rings and "Pietro" shows up.  Since the real Pietro is long dead, the parasite cannot use his form so he "recasts" him, taking the form of someone Wanda hasn't seen yet, but is sold on, even though she's aware the face is different.  The parasite puppets the fake Pietro into having convincing proof via his speed, possibly using some of Wanda's own power to make it happen.  Wanda naturally makes her "brother" part of her household.  

At the start of episode 6, it is casually stated that Billy (the one who has mind/perception powers) had fears of "Pietro" being a vampire, a form of parasite, and fake "Pietro", to keep them from thinking along those lines, plays as a fake vampire with them.  He takes pleasure in getting them into "deviltry", various pranks, some mean and destructive, all the while securing his position in the home as kid-spoiling uncle.   Incidentally, he's seen sleeping on the couch, which possibly is the parasite sleeping off a gorging.  When all go to the block party, Agnes is not anywhere around.  Why?  Because she's stuck in a car facing the edge of town, deep in the zone where people aren't functioning properly.  She's not trying to flee the Hex, nor is she trying to fake out Vision, as some have suggested.  Listen to her first, mumbled line when speaking with Vision.  She's drained and dazed, looking for the Halloween festival, which started some time ago in the town square while it was daylight.  This suggests it was what she was doing when she was attacked by a parasite that can move people at great speed ("Pietro" with the kids), who pushed her and her car as far as possible from Wanda and into the dead zone.  Vision's efforts, though they didn't stabilize her mind, did allow her to function enough to drive back into town.  

Incidentally, with this theory, the "frozen zone" where everyone stands like statues, would not be Wanda's lack of care for these people, per se.  It would be the result of the parasite's efforts to drain Wanda.  Her power to script people's lives diminishes to a closer area than the border of the Hex, and everything in between runs on minimum power, so to speak.  Wanda may be unaware of this since she's always in the center.  In fact, she's unaware that Vision made it out of the Hex, until her son informs her.  She then taps deep inside of her to expand the Hex, possibly revealing a new spring of energy inside her the parasite might not have even realized. 

The creation of the circus is interesting.  Wanda doesn't perceive Monica or SWORD as belonging to her village (she actually told Monica in episode 3, that Monica didn't belong), so she doesn't integrate them into the village.  Instead, she makes them visitors: a circus.

I'm loving this show, especially Elizabeth Olsen in the comic costume.  Thought the Kick-Ass nod was hysterical. 

I think Wanda's being coerced by someone.  She does know what's going on because she can clearly control things, but she told her brother that she didn't know how it started.  She's either having a mental breakdown or someone is pulling the strings. 

My guess is Wanda is going to be creating mutants to bring the X-Men and mutants into the MCU.  Quicksilver being re-cast and Monica getting her DNA "mutated" by traveling through the hex was a wink and a nudge hint to that I think.  Can't wait to see what role Darcy is cast in now that she's in the the hex.  I wonder if Monica's aerospace engineer pal is going to be one of the Fantastic Four?  The Incredibles on the movie marquee is a nod to a super-powered family.

Not sure what to make of Vision yet.  I don't know if he's some kind of golem or it's really him brought back somehow. 

• Like 1

Loving the fan theories! Those are pretty thoughtful ideas @Techwright. It is so weird how much the shows' intros are able to pull you in to the time period and play off that setting throughout the episode. I'm likely going to rewatch the series at its conclusion once everything has been revealed because it's been a really enjoyable watch. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 2/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Loving the fan theories! Those are pretty thoughtful ideas @Techwright. It is so weird how much the shows' intros are able to pull you in to the time period and play off that setting throughout the episode. I'm likely going to rewatch the series at its conclusion once everything has been revealed because it's been a really enjoyable watch. 

Yeah, what I post is an amalgam of my ideas and that of others, and any theory I post may be 100% wrong, yet, frankly, I won't care.  It's hard to see clearly, and that's fun.  The writers have done an amazing job turning this show into a glorious onion, with layers and layers of possibilities.

• Like 1

Whoo hoo! Such an exciting episode. I remember feeling this excited after seeing Nick Fury ask Stark to join the Avengers after the end credits of Iron Man. Disney is hitting all the right targets with this show and I hope they continue this excellence in the other installments (Loki, Falcon and Winter Soldier). What a great time to be a super hero fan!

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

8 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Ok so now we know who's behind the whole hex and getting Wanda to do it and it's a great choice!

Hide contents

It's Agatha Harkness... very cool character! love how they're setting her up as a supervillain.

Thoughts:

Spoiler

Okay, so we've now confirmed the name Agatha Harkness.  And it's "Agatha Harkness" that's the manipulator (and probably parasite). 

Some thoughts:

1.  Is this really Agatha? Or is all that reveal one big red herring and it's someone else possessing Agatha?  If it is Agatha, then the MCU for the second time I can recall has recast characters against their moral compass in the comics (the first were the Skrulls).  That's cool, it is a different universe (199999) than the comic 616 one, and there are other changes like casting Mar-Vel as a woman and having "M.J." not be Mary Jane Watson.

2.  The big question to me currently is, why has Agatha been helpful? What's the motivation in scenes like helping provide dinner in episode 1, helping meet the neighborhood committee in episode 2, etc.  It does look like her "lavender" scene in episode 4 is now just the opposite of what I guessed.  Rather than a ward, it was the trigger for the twins rapid development.

3. Did Monica's return change something to "Agatha's" thinking in handling the kids?  Before, she seemed content to play the role of babysitter and bide her time.  Monica seems to have set Agatha off far more than just keeping Wanda away from Monica.

4.  Is killing Sparky a meta reference to "...and your little dog, too"?

I'm definitely going to have to rewatch all the episodes to see how this new discovery fits together, and maybe get a few more answers to point #2.

• Like 2